Version 1.5 of the Resonance Journal is ready! This version includes Volume 1 of Bradford Hatcher’s Yijing – the full translation with commentary – as a built-in translation to explore via the hexagram browser and select there for use with your reading entries.
If you already have the Resonance Journal installed, you must use the updater program to update your journal. Do not install the new version from the software download page over the top of your existing installation as that would delete all your entries!
How to update your journal
- Just to be safe, back up your journal. (Main menu, File > Back up journal entries – run the backup, then close your journal.)
- Download the Journal Updater program – JournalUpdaterTo1-5forWin.exe
- Double-click the downloaded file to run the installer and follow the steps given…
- …and when you get to ‘Select Additional Tasks’, do check the box for ‘create a desktop icon’
- When installation is complete, find and click the icon on your desktop – it’ll look like this: (If you’ve run updates previously, you might still have old copies of this icon on your desktop – ignore/delete those.)
- Reassure your computer again that you do want to allow this program or app to make changes, then navigate to your ‘Resonance Journal’ folder. (If you accepted the defaults when you first installed the journal, it’ll be under C:\.) Highlight the folder name and click ‘Open’.
- The updater will run, and you’ll get an ‘Update Complete’ message when it finishes.
- (And then you can uninstall the Journal Updater if you so wish.)
Good news for Mac users!
Resonance Journal 1.5 comes with a Mac-compatible version too. You can download this from here.