...life can be translucent

Menu

New presentation format for IChingPlus

lightofdarkness

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am putting-up a new format to ease the use in working with the ICPlus material - URL is:

http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/IChingPlus/

some links to IDM material will not work yet but I think the general ICPlus links work - let me know if this is all too slow (should be ok for broadband users) - but give it time to initially load, if it still slow after that then please let me know.

There is a search facility as well as indexing and I will be adding a glossary of terms allowing for extended text when you click on a highlighted glossary term.

I will also add a link to the page listing various essays etc on the IC (e.g. such pages as http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/myweb/newindex2.html ) but that material will not be indexed etc.

The initial names of the hexagrams are given in the Table of Contents (left frame) as Wilhelm's labels but as you move into details (e.g. the Octet pages) the particular ICPlus names will come out.

If all of this is OK I will apply the same method to IDM pages and MBTI pages.

Chris.

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
I like the new format.
Hope the world will benefit from your work.
blush.gif

lightofdarkness

(deceased)
Reaction score
thanks Yly.

The only issue I have found so far is that it plays up when trying to load into Firefox 0.9 running under Windows ME - goes into some form of load loop; seems to work fine for XP using either IE 5.5/6.0 or Firefox 1.0.5+

If pop-ups are blocked it can come up in a style that is 'basic' and so selecting to allow for pop-ups in this particular case is needed to bring-up the proper version.

If you page down the introduction page it comes to a table of hexagram links NONE of which will work but since the links are in the left-hand frame I will remove that table totally.

greenowl

visitor
Reaction score
Chris,

Thank you!
happy.gif

More than once I've thought about emailing you and asking if you have a Table of Contents for your site, or a recommended reading-path, or something...and then lo and behold - !

(I'm quite sure there's a line about that
wink.gif
.)

<u>To add to the computer housekeeping information</u>:

The endless loop also happens in Firefox 1.06 when it's running under Windows 98SE.

But it's fine in IE 6.0 under Windows 98SE.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).