View Full Version : new essay at Yijing Poetics

denis_m
April 2nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Dear Friends,

I have a new essay posted on Yijing Poetics, here:
www.yijingpoetics.net/yjp/yjp1.html

I have also posted Jiao Hong's commentary on #24 and #61 here:
www.yijingpoetics.net/yjp/yjp3.html

I also have a new section of essays in Chinese.

The site was re-designed and constructed by my brother Thomas, for which I am tremendously grateful.

Regards,

Denis Mair

hilary
April 2nd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Thank you! Downloading now.
FYI - the link on yip3.html is to 'Jiaohong.pdf' when it should be to 'Jiaohong24.pdf (http://www.yijingpoetics.net/yjp/jiaohong24.pdf)'

sparhawk
April 2nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
HI Denis,

Thanks so much for your contributions. I think they are very insightful.

Best,

Luis

denis_m
April 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hilary and Luis,

I'm glad you like some things I write.
I also revised some garbled sentences in "Kun Is a Tease."
I further revised the essay on #33 and added a reference to a book by Eli Alberts: A History of Daoism and the Yao People of South China.

In a few days I'm leaving for Beijing. I'll be staying at an art center in the hills north of the city: www.syartmuseum.com
Perhaps critic-speak from the art field will creep into my Yi interpretations in the near future, because of the setting.

Here is a link about the interesting modern architecture at Shangyuan Art Colony. Scroll down a little to see them:
www.syartmuseum.com/endnews.asp?id=1442&ey=$p;/dXV-W/5pLorjGu>?Mw-c$hi/gticP@Gp*&au!&f0G

Shangyuan was founded by a woman named Cheng Xiaobei. Here is a picture of her:
www.syartmuseum.com/endnews.asp?id=1473&ey=~F?n/Zp1Gmtqvrg?#Auurk`mZf^IX1kt$CX%EKGK8!u7J

Regards,

Denis Mair

sparhawk
April 2nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Perhaps critic-speak from the art field will penetrate into my Yi interpretations in the near future, because of the setting.

Art is always a good thought catalyst, specially when it comes to the Yijing, IMHO. It looks like a really nice and thought out trip. Enjoy.

Shangyuan was founded by a woman named Cheng Xiaobei. Here is a picture of her:
www.syartmuseum.com/endnews.asp?id=1473&ey=~F?n/Zp1Gmtqvrg?#Auurk`mZf^IX1kt$CX%EKGK8!u7J (http://www.syartmuseum.com/endnews.asp?id=1473&ey=%7EF?n/Zp1Gmtqvrg?#Auurk%60mZf%5EIX1kt$CX%EKGK8%21u7J)

Nice link. Didn't know about it. Is my faulty memory creating things? Haven't you mentioned this lady before? I believe I read something about a very interesting artist acquaintance of yours in China before.

L

denis_m
April 2nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hilary,

Thanks you for noticing the bad link to "Jiaohong on #24". It has been fixed.

Denis M.