...life can be translucent

Menu

new essay at Yijing Poetics

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you! Downloading now.
FYI - the link on yip3.html is to 'Jiaohong.pdf' when it should be to 'Jiaohong24.pdf'

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
HI Denis,

Thanks so much for your contributions. I think they are very insightful.

Best,

Luis

denis_m

visitor
Reaction score
also corrected essay on #33

Hilary and Luis,

I'm glad you like some things I write.
I also revised some garbled sentences in "Kun Is a Tease."
I further revised the essay on #33 and added a reference to a book by Eli Alberts: A History of Daoism and the Yao People of South China.

In a few days I'm leaving for Beijing. I'll be staying at an art center in the hills north of the city: www.syartmuseum.com
Perhaps critic-speak from the art field will creep into my Yi interpretations in the near future, because of the setting.

Here is a link about the interesting modern architecture at Shangyuan Art Colony. Scroll down a little to see them:
www.syartmuseum.com/endnews.asp?id=1442&ey=$p;/dXV-W/5pLorjGu>?Mw-c$hi/gticP@Gp*&au!&f0G

Shangyuan was founded by a woman named Cheng Xiaobei. Here is a picture of her:
www.syartmuseum.com/endnews.asp?id=1473&ey=~F?n/Zp1Gmtqvrg?#Auurk`mZf^IX1kt$CX%EKGK8!u7J

Regards,

Denis Mair

Last edited:

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps critic-speak from the art field will penetrate into my Yi interpretations in the near future, because of the setting.

Art is always a good thought catalyst, specially when it comes to the Yijing, IMHO. It looks like a really nice and thought out trip. Enjoy.

Shangyuan was founded by a woman named Cheng Xiaobei. Here is a picture of her:
www.syartmuseum.com/endnews.asp?id=1473&ey=~F?n/Zp1Gmtqvrg?#Auurk`mZf^IX1kt$CX%EKGK8!u7J

Nice link. Didn't know about it. Is my faulty memory creating things? Haven't you mentioned this lady before? I believe I read something about a very interesting artist acquaintance of yours in China before.

L

denis_m

visitor
Reaction score
Hilary,

Thanks you for noticing the bad link to "Jiaohong on #24". It has been fixed.

Denis M.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).