...life can be translucent

Menu

i keep getting changing into 24 when i ask about my ex and me

einhorn

visitor
Reaction score
like "what is the potential future for us" type questions. each time it has come up it's been the 2nd hexagram.

does that mean there's a chance we might "return" to being together?

would you interpret it as being the future or the sea that the first hex swims in?

(im kinda heartbroken so i ask a question about it every few days)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The return of friendship, the return to be able to have a civil conversation with her, the return of hope perhaps?

But to confirm the above then the lines of the 1st hex have to be "good", or at least suggesting the potential of a get together otherwise Hex 24 will just mean reconnecting with old acquaintances as you are "free".

einhorn

visitor
Reaction score
The return of friendship, the return to be able to have a civil conversation with her, the return of hope perhaps?

But to confirm the above then the lines of the 1st hex have to be "good", or at least suggesting the potential of a get together otherwise Hex 24 will just mean reconnecting with old acquaintances as you are "free".

36.1.3 is the only one i remember off hand. im about to go do jesed's relationship diagnostic questions since i just saw them in a thread.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
IMO 24 more often refers to return to ones core self, ones inner values., to ones own heart.,however you like to call it but its what everyone has to do when recovering from a broken heart. Go back within to reconnect with yourself for often preoccupation with the other has led one very far from oneself..and so its like returning

I personally think this is more often the meaning than someone else returning to you

specialk

visitor
Reaction score
Do I ever know how you feel. I am still having trouble believing that my relationship broke up. It still feels like I've fallen into some weird parallel universe and I just don't know how to neogtiate it. It's been just over a month now but it feels like I haven't seen him in years.

Today for my reading with Hilary, the question was: What do I need to know now about X and I? and Hilary threw for me 60 (2 and 5) to 24.

24 follows on 23 which is about pruning or stripping away dead stuff (old relationships, or maybe not the whole relationship but the part that wasn't working) like on a plant, so that the lifeforce of a plant returns to its roots and it thereby grows stronger. There's a seed growing, but not yet visible. There's a suggestion of light returning, as in at the winter solstice. It mentions going back and forth on your path, but resting at each turn (image of borders being closed). This is suggesting that it's good to be still around this time, go back to yourself, go home, go somewhere safe etc. That's pretty much what I've been doing, but only out of necessity - if X came back there's no way I'd be sitting in my apartment being all introspective - I'd be out somewhere awesome having dinner with him!

That's what I got from the reading. Not sure how to apply it to me though - or you! The hopeful part of me of COURSE wants to believe that it means that X is returning to me, or at least the seed of his returning has been sown and will be visibile any day now. But there's always a suggestion of returning to yourself and figuring out what you really want.

I don't know if you've been in contact with your ex but if you have, maybe 24 is saying to take some time out and return to yourself (and that was your strong advice to me on the same topic a while back - I'm now adhering to the "no contact" rule). On the other hand (and here's what I'd MUCH prefer to believe and you would too) the cyclical nature of the imagery in 24 (coming and going, solstice, friends coming, a return in 7 days etc) could indicate a rebirth or renewal of the existing relationship rather than the seed of a new one.

Here's hoping, for both of us.

SK

einhorn

visitor
Reaction score
we hadnt had any contact in about 3 weeks. i emailed her 2 days ago and she replied but it was pretty non-receptive. i gave her some space.

we went thru all this about a year ago (breakup over a misunderstanding) and she was very closed off for a few weeks (telling me she was definitely done, that i should move on, etc.) but then we got back together. so this time im having trouble determining if she's just being stubborn again (dont talk to exes) or if she's actually done. im not being needy or annoying, just probably overly optimistic.

i consulted the IC last time and i still have the results somewhere.

specialk

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, hard to know. I wish I could say something more encouraging but it's hard since I don't know your ex as a person. Here's hoping "return" means return to the relationship, for both of us.

Maybe dig out your notes on the reading you did last breakup.

einhorn

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe dig out your notes on the reading you did last breakup.

Last breakup:

"What should I do regarding [name]?"

18.6 > 46

The present is embodied in Hexagram 18 - Ku (Decay): Great progress and success will come to him who deals properly with the situation. There will be advantage in efforts like that of crossing the great stream. Weigh well though, the events of three days before the turning point, and those to be done three days after it.

The sixth line, undivided, shows us one who does not serve either king or feudal lord, but in a lofty spirit prefers to attend to his own affairs.

The situation is evolving slowly, and Yin (the passive feminine force) is gaining ground.

The future is embodied in Hexagram 46 - Sheng (Pushing Upward): There will be great progress and success. Seeking to meet with the great man, its subject need have no anxiety. Advance to the south will be fortunate.

"Should I contact [name] next week?"

46.2.3.5 > 8

The present is embodied in Hexagram 46 - Sheng (Pushing Upward): There will be great progress and success. Seeking to meet with the great man, its subject need have no anxiety. Advance to the south will be fortunate.

The second line, undivided, shows its subject with that sincerity which will make even the small offerings of the vernal sacrifice acceptable. There will be no error.

The third line, undivided, shows its subject ascending upwards as into an empty city.

The fifth line, divided, shows its subject firmly correct, and therefore enjoying good fortune. He ascends the stairs with all due ceremony.

The situation is shifting, and Yin (the passive feminine force) is gaining ground.

The future is embodied in Hexagram 8 - Pi (Union): There is good fortune, but let him reexamine himself. Let him divine whether his virtue be great, unremitting, and firm. If it be so, there will be no error. Those who have not rested will then come to him. With those who are too late in coming, it will be ill.

Those were my notes. They were pretty optimistic sounding. Not sure which site I got the translations from. Facade.com perhaps?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).