...life can be translucent

Menu

The Search Goes On

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I've been really encouraged by several colleagues' help with the search for a new rental house for me. But, despite all our combined efforts -- still nothing on the horizon. Everything that turns up is already taken or much too far away from my work. Taking Tiger in the Boat's suggestion I've asked tonight: "What do I most need to know about the search for a new house?" The result: Hexagram 42, judgment. It would seem remarkably promising, but I'm not that sure what I'm being told in relation to what else I should be doing, or where something may turn up. Maybe it's just reassuring in a general way?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Two things are indicated, first you don't have a great deal of time left and secondly that you may indeed need to look "across the river" for a place.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I have about seven weeks to find somewhere to be. There is a place that's come up that seems comfortable but in an area I'd rather not be because it is so far from my employment and everybody I know here. There's also an ongoing process right now of interview for a position in another country, which is promising but a bit daunting. Can "across the river" potentially be so strong an indication that means a foreign country and a whole new set up? Or is it more likely that it means the place fifteen miles from work that i know for certain is availalble?

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Can "across the river" potentially be so strong an indication that means a foreign country and a whole new set up? Or is it more likely that it means the place fifteen miles from work that i know for certain is available?

We are talking local here, so across the border would not be local, and really, 15 miles can be considered local.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
You know, my impression of Hexagram 42 had always been of a better situation than you'd expected. The idea of "across the river" sounds to me more like something at a distance. So in your mind, is Hex 42 Judgment something about the answer being further away, more difficult to reach, requiring more ongoing effort? It's not a meaning I know.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Increase in Housing

I've been really encouraged by several colleagues' help with the search for a new rental house for me. But, despite all our combined efforts -- still nothing on the horizon. Everything that turns up is already taken or much too far away from my work. Taking Tiger in the Boat's suggestion I've asked tonight: "What do I most need to know about the search for a new house?" The result: Hexagram 42, judgment. It would seem remarkably promising, but I'm not that sure what I'm being told in relation to what else I should be doing, or where something may turn up. Maybe it's just reassuring in a general way?

Yi is still in a "short answer" mood, I see. But I like the answer, Increase.

Here is the text from the WikiWing:

"Increase in the sense of increased flow: pour more in, receive more in return. You’re blessed; it’s good to respond with purpose and commitment. Let yourself imagine where you want to get to (‘have a direction to go’ sometimes seems to say ‘permission to dream’); take the first steps that commit you to going there. It’s a good time for it.

'Wind and thunder. Increase.
The noble one sees improvement, and so she changes.
When there is excess, she corrects it.'

Wind and thunder {are} agents of change. Inner thunder - initiative, personal spark, will, motivation, drive. Outer wind - influence, self-extension, versatile, moving out through adaptability.

The noble one’s actions here contrast with those in the complementary figure, Hexagram 32. This isn’t the time to hold fast to a chosen direction; it’s time to respond to whatever opportunities for improvement you can see.

Generally, this is a comforting answer. Specifically, it urges you on to make efforts and move in the direction of dreams, and see what happens, being willing to change directions and opportunities arise. This, apparently, is what you "need to know."

Tiger

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you too Tiger. WF's answer is very specific and, certainly the Yi was quite certain with a judgment answer. Yet I feel there is so much in the balance right now and it's all connected, as I said in my reply to her.

I have the sense of a "dare to dream" period of life and that, although I am anxious to have an answer, if I choose the first one, I will be wrong. If I jump quickly to be safe I will have missed the larger answer. It's that walking a tightrope feeling, very uncomfortable, and I'm very unsure what on earth I'm doing -- could turn out to look really stupid if I turn something down and then have no place to be.

I feel like I need some answers on this position at a distance. Then whatever I do from here I'll have had all the cards on the table. I'm hoping this information comes in the next several days and then I'll at least have increased my knowledge of the situation to make a reasonable choice. Could Hex 42 indicate that things will fall into place when I have better information, including information related to long-standing dreams and goals? It's a dream that scares hell out of me, to be honest, but I also have that sense it's something I should do -- if i'm offered a chance and it really is somewhat feasible.

Suppose I'm weird, but sometimes I do things because the challenge seems extremely worthwhile, but too big, and the additional payoff is that I can conquer my fear. On a smaller scale, that would include moving to a different community here and starting over with ties of friendship and connection. It would definitely mean that to go to a foreign land -- the most foreign I've ever known -- and start over in a job that is also challenging to a maximum degree.

But I am in a position and somehow motivated to dream of these possibilities, both of them -- as opposed to just staying perhaps too comfortable where I am. I've been told it's a personality disorder not to be able to just settle and stay put, so I'm wary of my own dreams sometimes.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
House and Job

I have the sense of a "dare to dream" period of life and that, although I am anxious to have an answer, if I choose the first one, I will be wrong. If I jump quickly to be safe I will have missed the larger answer.

I feel like I need some answers on this position at a distance... Could Hex 42 indicate that things will fall into place when I have better information, including information related to long-standing dreams and goals?
It does seem like you are being readied for an opportunity, which is coming. The Oracle is:

"Blessing, harvest in having a direction to go.
Harvest in crossing the great river.'"

If you have something you want and are willing to make certain kinds of efforts to achieve it, then there will be "harvest." Although you don't want to always assume that "crossing the great river" is literal, it certainly could be a journey to a foreign land. They key is in having a direction to go and being ready when the situation presents. Remember, "The noble one sees improvement, and so she changes. "

Suppose I'm weird, but sometimes I do things because the challenge seems extremely worthwhile, but too big, and the additional payoff is that I can conquer my fear.
If by "weird" you mean someone who strives for improvement, then yes, you are weird! Noble or Superior Men/Women always look weird to the world at large.

I've been told it's a personality disorder not to be able to just settle and stay put, so I'm wary of my own dreams sometimes.
Everything is a personality disorder to someone who makes a living diagnosing people. You might be diagnosable if you were abandoning children or some such commitments, but otherwise, these kind of opportunities only happen at a certain time in life. They should be seized if the signs and the opportunities are right.

Tiger

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
You know, my impression of Hexagram 42 had always been of a better situation than you'd expected. The idea of "across the river" sounds to me more like something at a distance. So in your mind, is Hex 42 Judgment something about the answer being further away, more difficult to reach, requiring more ongoing effort? It's not a meaning I know.

Increase can come in many different shapes and forms but remember we are talking houses here, nothing else, so don't let your imagination carry you far away.

The river can be far or as near as the bottom of your garden. Also, something far away can be easier to reach than something that is close. And lastly I can see you getting a place.

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am not so sure that "cross the river" means travel necessarily. 42 unchanging to me means the flow is in your favor, and to get into the flow, get into the river and ride with it. Deliberating endlessly about what is "right and wrong" , and trying too hard to think the matter through could be a hindrance. I would take the next step that presents itself and then the next, etc. Also, with 42, I would keep being grateful that you are moving to the right place. gratitude puts you in the flow quicker than anything I know.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I am not so sure that "cross the river" means travel necessarily. 42 unchanging to me means the flow is in your favor, and to get into the flow, get into the river and ride with it. Deliberating endlessly about what is "right and wrong" , and trying too hard to think the matter through could be a hindrance. I would take the next step that presents itself and then the next, etc. Also, with 42, I would keep being grateful that you are moving to the right place. gratitude puts you in the flow quicker than anything I know.

Yes, this is the way I normally see Hex 42, going with a beneficial flow of events, a sort of "wave" and keeping a sense of gratitude front and centre as life goes forward. That is usually a time for me that I'm not pushing, just moving, as WF had said, a step and a step in a natural progression, in a purposeful way. OK. That's what I'll do and have faith that what comes next, as I gather information on the possibilties, will be the right thing. Glad you see a home for me WF, that has been a source of stress that I'm just putting aside. I like the feeling of gratitude and trust much better than stress.:)

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Increase can come in many different shapes and forms but remember we are talking houses here, nothing else, so don't let your imagination carry you far away.

The river can be far or as near as the bottom of your garden. Also, something far away can be easier to reach than something that is close. And lastly I can see you getting a place.

You know what's really weird here, where I live right now, the river IS at the bottom of the garden, quite literally several hundred meters down the hill from my front door.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
You know what's really weird here, where I live right now, the river IS at the bottom of the garden, quite literally several hundred meters down the hill from my front door.

I thought you had a stream or river quite close by, when I was typing I saw a river at the edge of a garden, anyway, perhaps Hex 42 is saying look in that direction and beyond.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).