...life can be translucent

Menu

What's a magic tortoise trying to tell me about weight loss?

metta

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I am very pleased to find this website! This is my first post.

I have been consulting the I Ching via a phone app for about 6 months. The results have amazed me, it's such a clever book.

Last night I had the audacity to ask quite a vain question. For years I've been 20 pounds heavier than I'd like. Having tried and failed with various weight loss techniques, I asked "how can I work towards the body that I want?"

How appropriate to get 27, Corners Of The Mouth! I love its "Cheeks" imagery. And to have 35, Progress, in my future is very encouraging.

I feel the reading tells me to stop any vain comparisons of my physical self with that of others, and to focus instead on proper nutrition and health. I also want to be fit for my small children - this is a more noble aim and focus. In the changing lines, I love the image of the tiger staring, watching my progress- I am going to find a picture of a tiger and stick it to my fridge door for those times when the cheese and ice-cream call me!

Can anyone help me with changing line 1 though, the magic tortoise that has got away from me? I see it as a reference to my current lazy eating habits, but feel it has more to tell me.

Thanks for reading and for any tortoise ideas!

metta

visitor
Reaction score
Just did some food shopping and let my daughter drag me into the pet shop next door.

Glad she did - I discovered a creature I'd never heard of before - a snake-necked turtle. Not quite a magic tortoise, but close enough to make me smile!

metta

visitor
Reaction score
_39219183_roti_203.jpg

Just lovely!

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hey,
did you get 27-> 35?
I'm not sure to had understand correctly!

metta

visitor
Reaction score
Oh dear, I thought I had put that in the title!

Yes, I got 27 changing to 35.

patro

visitor
Reaction score
well... your interpretation is just good enough!
I can only add... that your looking to other for their body shape or for their diet... it's the wrong way for you!
about the 4th line I can only add... that the IC is advising you about the quality of the food, that you must be strong... and that your strong must be based on... "that what you are doing is primary not for you but for others like your kids"!
because you could not disappoint with you if you-self abandon!
but the thought of disappointing your kids could and is very different!

hope to help!

mariah kaze

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I am very pleased to find this website! This is my first post.

I have been consulting the I Ching via a phone app for about 6 months. The results have amazed me, it's such a clever book.

Last night I had the audacity to ask quite a vain question. For years I've been 20 pounds heavier than I'd like. Having tried and failed with various weight loss techniques, I asked "how can I work towards the body that I want?"

How appropriate to get 27, Corners Of The Mouth! I love its "Cheeks" imagery. And to have 35, Progress, in my future is very encouraging.

I feel the reading tells me to stop any vain comparisons of my physical self with that of others, and to focus instead on proper nutrition and health. I also want to be fit for my small children - this is a more noble aim and focus. In the changing lines, I love the image of the tiger staring, watching my progress- I am going to find a picture of a tiger and stick it to my fridge door for those times when the cheese and ice-cream call me!

Can anyone help me with changing line 1 though, the magic tortoise that has got away from me? I see it as a reference to my current lazy eating habits, but feel it has more to tell me.

Thanks for reading and for any tortoise ideas!

I can certainly understand your desire to loose weight. I've lost almost 40 pounds in the last year because of health concerns. I applaud your efforts and your reasons for losing the weight. But here's what I think your reading is telling you: Line 1. says that you envy others for their bodies and you are missing the boat by trying to fit yourself into that "model" figure. You're probably just fine as you are! Find out what your body needs to stay healthy and feed yourself accordingly. The tiger line is also about envy - watching and glaring at your "prey" - watching other women to see if you measure up.
You and your body are unique and no one but you can tell you what your ideal should be.

From experience I can tell you that diets do not work. You'll make progress by understanding what YOUR body needs to be fit and healthy. Stop comparing yourself to others and accept your body - tune in and listen to what it *needs* and seek to fill those needs appropriately. Love yourself the way you are and then make adjustments that are necessary to your health.

I found I had to "work" my weight off with Yoga and Tai Chi as well as walking every day. If I gain, I work harder but after a year of basically just cutting out potatoes, and upping my physical activity, I have become much more fit and it's a lot less worry to me now. I think of it as part of my daily housekeeping duties :) Good luck.

G

goddessliss

I also put on a lot of weight a number of years ago and it was weird and scarey and it was also emotional stuff.
But I found not eating wheat products, cutting out dairy, and cutting out rice, wheat pasta and potatoes and riding my pushbike I lost over 20 kilos in about 6 months. I have never ever gained it back.
hope this helps
Liss x

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
27.1.4 > 35

Great advice already given to lose that 20 lbs! Best to keep in mind that 20 lbs is definitely not the end of the world. It's much more important to feel good and fit than it is to be thin like a model. Many health care practitioners have told me this. And yes, definitely, we always feel better when we can limit those carbohydrates.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).