...life can be translucent

Menu

31.5 > 62

freedawn

visitor
Reaction score
My question was:

Please tell me about the quote "If you are thinking of someone, it means they are thinking of you".

31.5>62

I thought the answer was really interesting. I don't fully understand it. But my initial impression was it's mutual. I am interested in how others interpret this .

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My question was:

Please tell me about the quote "If you are thinking of someone, it means they are thinking of you".

31.5>62

I thought the answer was really interesting. I don't fully understand it. But my initial impression was it's mutual. I am interested in how others interpret this .

31.5 is a line people vary a great deal over. I used to take it as one is not very affected by something. There was once an interesting RC call where Lise and others discussed it. I remember Lise saying she associated 31.5 with that feeling you have when someone, for example in a classroom, is staring at the back of your neck. You feel aware of it on an sort of instinctual level, an animal instinct,like when you know someone is near you even if you can't see them etc. She'll correct me hopefully if i misrepresented her thoughts...but at the time they impressed me as some of the truth re 31.5 I'd known but hadn't been able to articulate.

I'm now seeing 31.5 as possibly quite a subterranean awareness, an awareness going on beyond and beneath conscious thought. I feel one probably has some choice about whether to leave it there or let to let it through for conscious scrutiny.

I think I take your answer as very much to do with what Lise said. Probably on some level we may have a deep awareness of others thoughts but we can ignore or over ride them. Heck if we couldn't we'd all be on medication I think :eek: For example if we are obsessed with someone romantically, we never stop thinking about them. Because we don't stop thinking about them we can easily believe they must also be thinking about us....yet its quite possible for one person to think of another all the time and the other to rarely think of them. Often we meet someone and they say 'oh i was thinking of you the other day' and the other says 'oh yes i was thinking of you too' and so on...both are open to the others influence. But I don't think people are always open to others influence..people can keep their own space, keep the vibration of the others thought voice so far below conscious threshold they can be pretty much unaware of it. I don't think this is a conscious choice...maybe to do with natural affinites,shared concerns, wavelengths and all that stuff. Not even much to do with liking or disliking someone I don't think.. thoughts can be just like radio waves zapping about, some are relevant and link with your thought patterns, others don't.

Hmmm now if people felt every thought from others consciously, famous people would have one helluva time wouldn't they !...They 'd be completely jangled so my current feeling is 31.5 is all about that barrier between conscious/subconcious/unconscious..things just below the surface

I think your answer was apt. Theres all kinds of 'thinking'. Theres thinking thats so deep down we don't even know about it...which may be feeling rather than thinking, and theres 'thinking' in the front part of the mind so to speak...which we are aware of.

In short there may be a kind of mutuality but it can be pretty well buried and screened out if the other person needs it to be that way for whatever reason....but this reason is out of their conscious control

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).