Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: heart palpitations 52.4.6 > 62

Default heart palpitations 52.4.6 > 62

Recently I have had a bout of heart palpitations and am currently having another round. The last time I had it was for about a week and it went away as spontaneously as it came. As suspected there was no identifiable "cause" according to the doctors. People have suggested "stress" but I am no more stressed than normal I think.

I asked regarding the cause of my palpitations and got 52.4.6>62.

I get the sense that I am being asked to meditate more, to focus inwards but am not getting much more out of this reading. Would anyone be able to shed more light on this reading for me?

52.4 Variously interpreted as "stopping the back" or "stopping the torso" -- I'm not sure what the distinction is, but you might consider chiropractic treatments.

52.6 "Stopping carefully is auspicious." Tapering off slowly from suspected triggers to gauge effects, rather than a wholesale dietary change.

62 Small Excess: Confirmation that something relatively minor may be the trigger, something "of the earth." (Have you considered too much sodium? This isn't from the reading, just personal experience with prev. Mucho dinero spent determining that five V-8's a day along with Mexican fare is way too much.... http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/arrhythmias/a/PVC.htm)

What is the cause of my palpitations?
    52.4.6 > 62

52 is double Mountain. Mountains are places for contact with the spirits, and they are still.

Six in the fourth place means:
    Keeping his trunk still.
    No blame.

Nine at the top means:
    Noblehearted keeping still.
    Good fortune.

The three Chinese characters of this line are "true stillness auspicious". But your stillness is not true because it is producing heart palpitations. You need to make changes in your life.

52 suggests that the cause of your palpitations is too much stillness. Take walks or some other form of physical recreation. The flying bird of 62 supports this idea of exercise -- but moderately. One needn't do strenuous excercise to get a noticeable improvement in health, especially if one's job is office work.
    Last edited by pocossin; October 25th, 2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: line error

Quote Originally Posted by pocossin View Post

52 suggests that the cause of your palpitations is too much stillness.
    Why do you think there is too much stillness?
    You are right about the exercise thing though - i haven't been doing too much of that so it might help.

yesterday I asked the same question and got 49 unchanging which I took to be willing to take up radical changes, which is a little different from today's reading of 62. There is probably another way to look at the two readings

I read that palpitations with no known cause were usually due to some emotional barrier so I went along with the meditating idea so I could try and find out what I was holding on to prevent change.

What is the cause of my palpitations?
    52.4.6 > 62

52 is double Mountain. Mountains are places for contact with the spirits, and they are still.

Six in the second place means:
    Keeping his calves still.
    He cannot rescue him whom he follows.
    His heart is not glad.

Frustrating inability to act. One's heart is not glad.

No blame.
    Memo did not cast 52.2, she cast 52.4.6

BTW i would take this answer, 52.4.6 >62 as a pretty definite 'do not worry', theres nothing you need to do at all about this. Don't even fret about meditating. Meditate if you like but don't worry that anything is dependent on it. Quite simply theres nothing you need to do about the heart palpitations right now

You did ask the cause but the Yis answered 2 questions in one. The cause is the same as what you need to know/do about it, which is nothing. I'd see this as there was no significant cause, nothing for you to think about, delve into or try to rectify.

Quote Originally Posted by trojan View Post
    Memo did not cast 52.2, she cast 52.4.6
    Thanks, Trojan. I made a mistake and have edited my reading.

Quote Originally Posted by memobook View Post
    Why do you think there is too much stillness?
    You are right about the exercise thing though - i haven't been doing too much of that so it might help.
    You asked the cause of your palpitations and received a double dose of stillness

In your first post you said

I get the sense that I am being asked to meditate more. . .
    The stillness of meditation alone is sufficient to cause undesirable effects. Google "meditation psychosis" for details. If you feel you must meditate, do it while walking.

I find Yis answers are as holistic as possible. Memo asks the cause....but Yi says whats needed to know afterall. She wants to know the cause in order to deal with the problem but Yi says in effect 'there is no problem, nothing you need to do' . If there were too much stillness then why wouldn't 52.3 show up ? That would describe too much stillness causing anxiety hence causing palpitations...but 52.3 didn't come up.

From my POV one couldn't get a more reasssuring answer...yet its given rise to a further question...giving 49 which leads to further anxiety which actually the first answer said there was no need for...and Memo, IMO, comes to the very opposite advice of the first oracle..that radical changes are needed, when actually 52 said nothing of the sort radical changes aren't needed, far from it..

49 unchanging can mean stop and start again later with a new outlook. Maybe drop the anxiety about the palpitations, (there are, apparently, all sort of reasons for them, most not serious, they can even be hormonally linked) for now....if they get worse or continue go back to the dr...
    Last edited by Trojina; October 25th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

hebe (October 26th, 2010)

You asked the cause of your palpitations and received a double dose of stillness

In your first post you said

The stillness of meditation alone is sufficient to cause undesirable effects. Google "meditation psychosis" for details. If you feel you must meditate, do it while walking.
    In some circumstances meditation, or too much meditation when a person is already a bit shaky or not very grounded can produce undesirable effects. However I think it misleading to make out meditation alone causes psychosis though. I mean its a pretty big jump from meditating because of palpitations to the danger of becoming psychotic .

I think more meditation would be a good idea but not too much and not with anxiety about it, just what ever is comfortable.
    Last edited by Trojina; October 25th, 2010 at 04:04 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

hebe (October 26th, 2010)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast