...life can be translucent

Menu

38.2.4 to 27 and 2

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I'm back after nearly a year of absence.

I'm interested in your opinion about to readings I made in the last day.

I met a nice person X (a friend of friends) and I wanted to come in contact . I wrote a nice e-mail to X with the excuse/pretence to speak about some books ;-)

I ask the I Ching:
How will X react to this e-mail?

I got: 38.2.4 to 27

But X didn't answer, so I ask:

Why X doesn't answer?

Hex 2 without changing lines.

I thought 38.2.4 isn't too bad and the contact could be nourishing for me. But I'm worried that there is no answer.

Have someone any ideas?

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
38 is bad. Dissimilar personalities prove too hard to overcome. 27 means you are feeding yourself and not necessarily someone else here. The person might still respond to you, but not immediately, as 2 is not quick to respond.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
38->27 opposition is strong, go and eat ( alone ) :) .... maybe you will meet her by accident (38.2) or your friend 38.4 or both of them

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
@ icastes + gato

Thank you for your insights.

I hoped it would be a bit more auspicous ;-)

I thought 38.2. would refer to my e-mail, because I used a trick to get X's e-mail adress.
Never mind: que sera, sera.

I'm searching a partner with whom I can have also an intellectual exchange and X seemed to be right person.

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I want to give a feedback:

Finally I got a response to my e-mail! It was nice written ;-)

Hex 2 seems to be important with this person.

I asked - I know it's no use to ask several times the same question;-) - again, why I get no response and got again Hex 2 unchanging. Then I got Hex 2 asking: how see me this person.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I want to give a feedback:

Finally I got a response to my e-mail! It was nice written ;-)

Hex 2 seems to be important with this person.

I asked - I know it's no use to ask several times the same question;-) - again, why I get no response and got again Hex 2 unchanging. Then I got Hex 2 asking: how see me this person.

I think your initial interpretation of 38.2.4 was right ! You should have courage in your interpretation ! 38 is not 'bad'....merely a time of not seeing things the same way...which really doesn't have to mean emnity. It can just mean different priorities. Even with the best of friends sometimes priorities are far apart. One friend may be deeply wounded if the other forgets a birthday, while the other friend may just feel it doesn't matter. Often differences can be hard to overcome but these lines 2 and 4 show they can be overcome ....and you did overcome them.

I am confused that first you said you had a response :) but then you ask why you didn't get one :confused:

Anyway I think you mean you got a response eventually and now you want to know how the other sees you

Seems to me the other person is quite open to you but is guided by your initiative...in other words they aren't going to make a proactive move to develop the relationship...but they are open to suggestion. Perhaps their feelings aren't very strong one way or the other, so they let you make the move and take a long time to answer.

So you need to know whether to press forward and make more moves to this person or not...and if they wrote you a nice email why not continue the conversation and see how it goes ?

You could ask again but 38.4 already says you find someone to connect with...and then hex 2 shows them to be receptive. Seems to me you are best to continue to make friendly moves....if the other is very slow to respond you may give up after a time...but right now its early days isn't it ?

Length of time in responding does reflect someones eagerness to relate to you....but they did answer so....

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Seems to me the other person is quite open to you but is guided by your initiative...in other words they aren't going to make a proactive move to develop the relationship...but they are open to suggestion. Perhaps their feelings aren't very strong one way or the other, so they let you make the move and take a long time to answer.

So you need to know whether to press forward and make more moves to this person or not...and if they wrote you a nice email why not continue the conversation and see how it goes ?

I just decided to move forward with other nice e-mails ;-)

I asked also: Is this attraction only in my fantasy: 3.1>8

Length of time in responding does reflect someones eagerness to relate to you....but they did answer so....

The person said due to renovation the pc was long time unplugged. Nice excuse, but I don't believe it ;-)

Last edited:

jfas

visitor
Reaction score
My guess would be that 38.2 was interpreted correctly the first time. Maybe there was a feeling of X's at first of "oh, this is awkward...not sure how I should respond..." - ? Or your e-mail just caught him/her on a very bad day/week.

Definitely shows the power of Hex 2, though!

parasio

visitor
Reaction score
Feedback Hex 51 + Hex 16

Just for keeping in contact I wrote X 10 days ago another e-mail, not really expecting an positive answer, but still hoping for nice outcome. At sunday I was sure, X wouldn't answer and it was o.k. for me. Because I don't want to follow useless dreams.

Today I got a rather short message from X , but I'm not sure about the meaning.

So I asked the I Ching:

What is the meaning of the message:

--> Hex. 51

Was his e-mail meant as a rejection?

--> Hex 51.1 ----> Hex 16

I asked a second time, because the first answer wasn't clear to me.

To get two times Hex 51 I interpret as a rejection of my move towards him. But I can't make up the meaning of Hex 16.

Has somebody any idea about the interpretation?

Thanks for your help!

danadanadana

visitor
Reaction score
I met a nice person X (a friend of friends) and I wanted to come in contact . I wrote a nice e-mail to X with the excuse/pretence to speak about some books ;-)

I ask the I Ching:
How will X react to this e-mail?

I got: 38.2.4 to 27

But X didn't answer, so I ask:

Why X doesn't answer?

Hex 2 without changing lines.

I thought 38.2.4 isn't too bad and the contact could be nourishing for me. But I'm worried that there is no answer.

Hexagram 38 - Estrangement or Opposition
I would see this hexagram as talking about the state of mind that you were in when you met this friend of friend. You were feeling alienated, alone, maybe even lonely. Meeting X allowed you to think about changing that loneliness and inspired you to reach out of your solitude to a possibility of connecting with new people.
Line 2:
Six in the second place means:
One meets his lord in a narrow street.
No blame.

The tactic that you used to approach X is referenced here - you pretend to meet over a question about a book hoping that will lead to an emotional connection with X. This could be seen as manipulative and stepping outside the norms of society (not a formal introduction, but a chance meeting), but is blameless nevertheless because you are only following the calling of your heart and spirit.
Line 4:
Isolated through opposition,
One meets a like-minded man
With whom one can associate in good faith.
Despite the danger, no blame.

X has inspired you to believe that it is possible to connect with someone of like mind. Now that you are open to that possibility, and not just feeling isolated and alienated you will begin to be more open and trusting which will lead to a happier life for you (regardless of how the relationship with X plays out).

Changing to Hexagram 27 Nourishment or 'The Corners of the Mouth'
The contact you have made with X has been a very nourishing experience for you. Perhaps your conversation with X has inspired you to be open to more satisfying connections with people.

Later you ask Why X doesn't answer and receive
Hexagram 2 - The Receptive
The oracle is advising you to give X space, and try to stop trying to anticipate or control the situation, instead try to be observant to the response from X. Even no answer is a response and has inherent information for you to process and receive and understand. Being feminine and receptive is difficult in our modern society because we are taught to compete and be very active, but to be receptive has its own strength and wisdom.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).