Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What God Thinks of Me? 41.6

Default What God Thinks of Me? 41.6

Decided to "go for the ultimate" and ask God's opinion of me. SCAREY, but then who else's opinion really matters?

The casting was Hex 41.6 becoming Hex 19. The widow's mite? I am a widow, have just about a mite. Maybe a mite and a half -- nowhere to live and a job that doesn't pay the bills. But I'm relatively happy [although often baffled which way to go next];, also quite fortunate in relation to what goes on in the world these days -- and hopeful -- hopeful for all of us that we can still make the world what it should be.

But I think the line 6 speaks of alchemy? Of that, I know nothing. Well, at least I didn't draw Hex 51 or something! I'd be watching for lightning to strike.

Have I asked a question that makes it impossible to read the casting, since -- who can think like God does? Hmmmmm. Hadn't thought of that.

god loves everyone, dont sweat it.

Yes, I agree. That wasn't the nature of my question. I suppose my question was rather non-specific and thinking God would "get it" anyway. I was more asking what God thinks of what I am doing RIGHT NOW and whether it is the best thing, the right thing, to be doing. ~Although by now I'm contributing to the world from a rather down position and not much up to my own standard, I think it's the best possible and was asking God's opnion of that.

I mean, I love all my children very much -- but sometimes I wish they were doing something different.

poor kids...

so more of a , am I on the right path kind of question.. well you got a very happy answer.

from the wiki wing:
    Offering for Nearing, because of 19’s insistence on continued approach and activity, not stopping at the harvest/result, but continuing through the cycle. The offering has been successful and rewarded (by spirit presence) - now this reward is something that should take you further. As long as you are moving and in service of growth, there is no such thing as loss.
    I cant say it any better, I'd say god was giving two thumbs up

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chingching For This Useful Post:

arabella (March 20th, 2011)

Yes, exactly, this is a right path question, because there are always entire other options and I've stuck with this for about three years now, tried to make a "go" of it. And I wish I could tell better if it's the best way to go. Everyone I know has their opinions [pro and con] about what I'm doing and how I'm coping -- but I just wanted the "ultimate" opinion this time. I'm entirely open to suggestions and assume the Creator would converse through the YI -- since He made it and all the energy behind it.

sooo Guest

Maybe this is a quirky interpretation (well, the question isn't your every day variety either ), but if your question is taken literally, God is 19 (the overseer or observer), seeing you go through a period of decrease, so that he/she/it/they may increase your higher nature. You may currently have no home of your own but God.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sooo For This Useful Post:

anemos (March 20th, 2011), arabella (March 21st, 2011)

[QUOTE=sooo;134619]Maybe this is a quirky interpretation (well, the question isn't your every day variety either ), but if your question is taken literally, God is 19 (the overseer or observer), seeing you go through a period of decrease, so that he/she/it/they may increase your higher nature. You may currently have no home of your own but God.[/QUOTE]

You know, it isn't so quirky a reply, because it is quite literally true and I've been trying to make sense of it. This period of decrease has been going on quite a long time now and just as it sinks again I think "oh no it can't be worse" and then it is and somehow it is still survivable. In a certain way, I feel such a sympathy with the many people coming up in the news who suddenly, for no reason they can identify, are without a home, without the normal life they worked to put into position, and realising practically speaking what I always knew intellectually [spiritually] -- that our belief, our devotion to service to humanity is what matters and not to lose sight of that no matter the conditions in which you may find yourself. What has occurred in my life has been gradual. For others it seems to often come overnight, or even in minutes.

I'm not under water or suffering as people are elsewhere and wouldn't imply that, but the sense of empathy is still there because I simply can't imagine what I would do were there no hope on the horizon and my family were missing or been swept out to sea. My heart goes out to them while, at the same time, I feel in a quandry myself and responsible to understand what I must do, knowing that my situation certainly isn't the most difficult position anybody in the world is facing right now, although still difficult from my perspective. I suppose I feel humbled to see what others suffer and survive and also in a practical sense am stymied and wondering what comes next in my own life as well, whether I'm handling that properly [making better decisions] and in the right spirit.

What you've said is an interesting way to condense all of that emotion.

Well, line 6 to me suggests the message that despite all the inadequacies you're currently having in your life, you actually have enough (perhaps for your situation at this point of your life). I guess from your comment above, it seems that you already realized that.

Hex 41 is also about balancing decreasing and increase, giving and receiving. Line 6 indicates you are the receiver in this situation and the resulting hex 19 (Approaching) is one of the most auspicious hexes, so it kinda fits nicely.

Cheers
    Vince

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vng78 For This Useful Post:

bamboo (March 30th, 2011)

sooo Guest

One of the things that used to drive me nuts was when I was going through my undoing about 11-12 years ago, and when a well meaning individual would say to me, God is allowing you to go through this now to better equip you to help others later who are going through the same thing. grrrrr, that was SO not what I wanted to hear. What? I hadn't helped and supported others enough as it was? I hadn't sacrificed personal gains for higher principles? What's up with this, Lord? Where did I piss you off?

'The Lord chastises those he loves, and everyone he receives.' (heb 12.6)

Placed in more pragmatic or physics terms, we grow according to the degree of resistance we overcome.

Who sets the bar here, you or the observer? is a good question. Maybe it was set before you were born, and you sealed it. chuckling...

Things change. My dad's spirituality seemed to be summed up by this answer to this life: "No one lives here, we're all just passing through." This will pass, so might as well squeeze the juice from the experience as you wander. Later, when you're up and running on your game, this time will hold great value to you. It already has.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sooo For This Useful Post:

anemos (March 20th, 2011), arabella (March 21st, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by sooo View Post
    One of the things that used to drive me nuts was when I was going through my undoing about 11-12 years ago, and when a well meaning individual would say to me, God is allowing you to go through this now to better equip you to help others later who are going through the same thing. grrrrr, that was SO not what I wanted to hear. What? I hadn't helped and supported others enough as it was? I hadn't sacrificed personal gains for higher principles? What's up with this, Lord? Where did I piss you off?

'The Lord chastises those he loves, and everyone he receives.' (heb 12.6)

Placed in more pragmatic or physics terms, we grow according to the degree of resistance we overcome.

Who sets the bar here, you or the observer? is a good question. Maybe it was set before you were born, and you sealed it. chuckling...

Things change. My dad's spirituality seemed to be summed up by this answer to this life: "No one lives here, we're all just passing through." This will pass, so might as well squeeze the juice from the experience as you wander. Later, when you're up and running on your game, this time will hold great value to you. It already has.
    You do [one does] come to realise that anything certain -- isn't. When I think what i did rely on, it's rather funny. I had a lot of stuff [mostly gone]; I "had" my kids [on their own except for the ill one who is back home to get well we hope]; some money in the bank [spent on said ill child's education and an unsaleable house in another country]. Over years, eveyrthing just changed, we made decisions, and matters accrued accordingly. Now there is next to nothing on what one would generally consider the "plus" side of the practical ledger. If I take stock of the intangibles gained we are now citizens of the "world" rather than small town USA and I think the kids have an unbeatable education and dual citizenship. The one who used my pension fund for a degree is a research assistant in human rights and creator of an institute for international cooperation between the Baltic States and Russia as a graduate student and I couldn't be more pleased.

Her brother teaches English to stateless people to help them to obtain European citizenship; and the third is an artist who depicts people of many cultures, races, beliefs, from throughout the world, painting what she sees as the unity of mankind. It was a stretch as a single parent to put everything into world citizenship. Frankly, it was scarey, some days I think I was insane, but taking the risk when the opportunity presented itself was rather irresistible as it is what I believe in my heart of hearts, we are all one and we'll realise that if we get out and meet the world. That's what I told my kids and they took it seriously.

And now, if these children I raised "out in the world" can't stand in the wind I have literally nothing left to give them or fall back on. What I have bought for them as a future is completely intangible, including the education they have acquired, just the opposite of anything material or "certain." And yet we see every day that the material world is the one that is unsubstantial, that blows away, washes into the Sea and disappears. As your Father had said. We take with us only what we've made of our souls. Anythying else we had belongs to the next person.

So, to focus on beliefs and minimise or even shed the rest should be the point. In a life filled with "stuff" there is no room for what is far more important and what we traded materially was replaced by something more worthwhile -- although invisible. That's what I have believed and been satisfied to see coming to fruition. However, when you are cold, ill, or tired, struggling to keep a home going, it's not so easy to see that every single day. But I think it is still true. And I think -- I hope -- that God will not think that I let them down by doing what I did. Their Father, unlike yours Soooo, would have completely disagreed as he had no interest whatever in the rest of the world. He would have stayed where he was, paid off the mortgage, sent everybody to University of Arizona and kept the money in the bank.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to arabella For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast