...life can be translucent

Menu

The meaning of having all lines changing?

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
my daily i ching reading this morning has been something that never has happened before, I received Hexagram 43 when asking the question 'what does he want from me?' with every line changing.

This relationship has been a changing point in my life, my first real experience of love and it ended quite suddenly with him breaking both of his feet and so he hasn't been around for 3 months. The night it happened, he had walked me home and we were talking about our relationship, we parted but it was obvious he still really liked me. The next day i had a vision of him lying in a hospital bed, his face in agony. i found out later that night that indeed he had been in hospital and that he had broken both of his feet.

This relationship had been quite a growth period for me, he saw me completely and my response was to run away, or not be able to speak to him. he is 35 and i am 29. this went on for over 2 years, both of us wishing for forward movement but on my side it brought up so much self esteem issues. The biggest one being that i had finally found love but was unable to let it happen. this became agonising for me over the space of 2 years, always hoping that i could break free and have enough condfidence in myself to let it happen. i was frightened that if i finally let someone in, he wouldn't like what he found. He also has issues with being in a relationship too, but the connection was deep and spiritual, words only seemed to ruin what we already knew we had, and the world came in and overcrowded what could have been the most connected i have ever felt in this world.

the hexagram changes to 23, which would seem like a clear indication to let it go, but i find this very hard to do, and in other translations the interpretation of this is

''In hexagram 23 we recognize that the establishment of history is an important part of social development. It enables the culture to have depth and firm ground to stand on and thus something to balance on. This sense of history, and therefore tradition, is fostered by studying the thoughts of old (26) as well as spiritual celebration. An imbalance can occur when the deeds of the past are interpreted as being relevant and superior to now. Spiritually, this can be a backward step and these thoughts should be discarded; only the core is retained. The context gives the return to the 'correct' path, together with uniting others around the core principles - separating chaff from wheat - Pruning.''

Please, this issue is causing me such deep turmoil, i can hardly spend more then a few minutes each day from thinking about it. Thank you.:bows:

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
IMHO

43 is deciding....yes and 23 is stripping away...yes

I think the Yi is asking you to resolve to strip away all
that is blocking you - counselling go see the experts and
dont lose your chance of happiness

apologies if you have tried counselling

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Hopex for your reply, it is really a great honour to hear someone else's opinion of my situation, and helping me to understand the deeper meaning of this. I have indeed thought about seeing a counsellor, but i am currently unemployed and where i live counsellors are expensive.

i have been trying to keep my head above water with this, but the rest of my life is sinking because of this. It is horrible to realise that for all of my life i didnt really know what a connection to another human being could be, and when it happened i couldnt enjoy it. :( I have gone through a range of different emotions and some of them have been anger towards him, that it is all his fault, but of course he helped show me these things, so i cant be angry with him, i make music and it is also affecting my output there, i havent felt like producing anything in over 7 months.

I suppose there is more to take into account here, my friends have said that this wouldnt effect me so much if i was out in the world more, have a job and have some structure to my life, but it is overwhelming to lose something that was so life affirming, that gave me such joy in the world and to see that this place could be beautiful, and that other people can really touch your soul.

I spend most of my time alone although i see friends at the weekend, but everything seems so false without him, like im not really there.

Thank you for the positive outlook on this, and i think you are right, it is about stripping away all o fthese bad feelings, and of the past, i wish i felt empowered enough to make that happen. Thank You Hopex you have been very generous.

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Yilex

I think you are being told to work on yourself.. I received all changing lines on hex 11 one time..because I was not getting nowhere & every answer did not satisfy me. Maybe thats where you are too.

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hello

a question.... every morning do you ask the same questions?
if yes..... don't do it related to the subject.

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
H i Patro,

yeah, i think i've been asking the same question in different ways for the past few months, i know this is a big no-no, but it was really my only outlet for advice. I got hexagram 5 quite a bit ( calculated waiting) but then this today, which i thought was very much an abrupt warning about something. I think your right, White Owl, breakthrough with every line changing seems pretty clear alright, its just hex 23 which i've often found confusing to understand. Thanks :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).