...life can be translucent

Menu

Paid employment 56.2.5>44

G

goddessliss

Good morning,

A couple of weeks ago I sent an email asking for paid employment at the school I have been doing volunteer work at. I have not received a reply and as school goes back on Monday next week I am wondering if I will be doing paid work there.

The parents are keen for me to be employed there and a wage subsidy has been offered to encourage the employment.

How will the principal employ me at the school(paid or volunteer) Hex 56.2.5>44

This looks good although I am not a fan of Hex 56 as a secure base.

I have made it known that I don't wish to continue working in a unpaid capacity at the school as it is a fair way to travel and the cost of fuel is very high and not really affordable in my present financial situation.

thku
Melissa xx

G

goddessliss

I spoke to a principal of another school and he said she is mad if she doesn't take up this opportunity but I still haven't heard back. :confused:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I was wondering about this situation because if judged by line text the casting is positive for employment. 56.5. 'In the end this brings both praise and office'. But if judged by hexagram, the casting is negative: 44.0. no marriage. Also, circumstantial signs are negative. I thought it prudent not to respond because the majority here judge primarily by line text.

G

goddessliss

Thks pocossin - all input is appreciated. I tend to do two readings - one with just the Hexagrams and the other with the lines and go with intuition.
And you are right in this case she has given absolutely no indication she would like to pay me to be working there, but she has said more than once she loves me working there. She gives me a lot more responsbility than is legally allowed although I am more than capable of handling it, obviously she thinks so too and I have seen the results.
I would love to know why she is hesistating but I guess everyone has there own agenda.:)

G

goddessliss

I finally heard back from the principal today saying that she would like to talk to me further about the wage subsidy etc. when next I go to the school. I hadn't said yay or nay whether I was actually going to go back as I still really hadn't made up my mind, however I do have some musical instruments to return and now she has contacted me I will go back and see what she has to say.

Line 5
Traveling statesmen were in the habit of introducing themselves to local princes with the gift of a pheasant. Here the wanderer wants to enter the service of a prince. To this end he shoots a pheasant, killing it at the first shot. Thus he finds friends who praise and recommend him, and in the end the prince accepts him and confers an office upon him.

I'm thinking here, the gift of the pheasant is the wage subsidy and I want to be of service to the kids via the prince(principal).
As I have parents(friends) are keen to have me there and if I follow this line through then she will allow me some sort of position there.

what do you think?

PS can I change my user name??

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
yeah I think you can change your username somewhere in control panel.

I dunno, every reading I get ending in 44 does not turn out well. I asked in one thread if a 44 situation has ever turned out good or even helpful/fruitful for anyone, but never got an answer. I have read that supposedly it can be 'fertile' in whatveer sense/context but have never read any examples, experiences or thread updates of a positive nature. Has anyone had something fruitful from a hex 44 sit.?

anyway, wish I had something to actually add to your reading... why change your username??? its confusing when people do that.

G

goddessliss

I went to the school in hope and anticipation yesterday but she said I would love to have you here if someone else is going to pay all your wage but I am not prepared to take any of your wage out of my funding.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I was wondering about this situation because if judged by line text the casting is positive for employment. 56.5. 'In the end this brings both praise and office'. But if judged by hexagram, the casting is negative: 44.0. no marriage. Also, circumstantial signs are negative. I thought it prudent not to respond because the majority here judge primarily by line text.
For me, H44 here would indicate the inequality of the situation. As a relating/resulting hexagram, I would treat it as the way in which I am relating to the situation, the "where I am at." As a result, it usually makes little sense, as in this case. How can you have Line 5, and then have H44 as a result?

So here, we start with the idea that everything depends on what the principal decides; the power is all with the principal.

The story is "Coupling with a Powerful Person while traveling in a strange land." Maybe this "no" that godessliss just received is the first act of the play. Now she needs to rest, cherish her time, and find the young helper in Line 2, before she can shoot the arrow and bag the pheasant.

G

goddessliss

Thankyou Tiger in the Boat - so are you saying a young helper will come in that changes the situation and I will get employment at the school.....

At the moment I have a friend who is a year younger than me who is very keen for me to get my other certificate III which allows me to work with children under 5 and she is assisting me in that.

thks
Liss x

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The Future is Not Here Yet

Thankyou Tiger in the Boat - so are you saying a young helper will come in that changes the situation and I will get employment at the school.....

At the moment I have a friend who is a year younger than me who is very keen for me to get my other certificate III which allows me to work with children under 5 and she is assisting me in that.

thks
Liss x
I don't make predictions, and I don't think Yi does either...:)I am just trying to read the "tea leaves" here.

Interestingly, I received H56.5 on a reading of my own yesterday...there seems to some discordance in the translations, as to whether the pheasant actually gets hit by the arrow. In all cases, the arrow is lost or used up....There is an implication that the pheasant is hit with the arrow, because "in the end, a means to recognition and appointment."

So Line 5 does indicate that one uses a tool, perhaps suffers a small loss, but in the end secures "recognition and appointment." If I got this, I would try to figure out what arrow in my quiver this might be.

As for the young helper, you are in a current resting place...(your volunteer work?)...be appreciative of what is being given to you in resources. Through your appreciation, you may acquire some connection that brings assistance.

Can you use some resources of your own (the lost arrow) and then be seen and appreciated and recognized and hopefully hired?

G

goddessliss

So Line 5 does indicate that one uses a tool, perhaps suffers a small loss, but in the end secures "recognition and appointment." If I got this, I would try to figure out what arrow in my quiver this might be.

Tiger thku but what does the underlined actually mean?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Quiver

Tiger thku but what does the underlined actually mean?
Well, there is an indication that you will metaphorically hit some target with an arrow. My interpretation is that the arrow is a tool that you have...the tool could be "great job performance", or the tool could be "doing something truly exceptional to make the principal realize she can't live without you."

But the way I see the line, with my limited view of your world, you will use some capability or tool of yours....

The "arrow in the quiver" is just a return to the arrow metaphor....which arrow (tool, capability) will you pull out and use from your quiver?

(In case you are just not understanding the word "quiver", a quiver is just a container for arrows, see
Wikipedia Quiver Description

G

goddessliss

Thankyou Tiger what you have said is clear to me now although I will just have sit with it for a while as nothing appears obvious of what 'arrow' to use yet.
I had to do an assignment for my studies which was based on my observation of one of the children.
I based it on a young girl who is in Year 5(about 11y.o.) who reads as maybe a 7 y.o. and whose spelling is 99% incorrect but she is not disabled in anyway and is actually an amazing creative writer.
She is the main reason I wanted to work at this school because I found a special way to help her learn with the learning block she seems to have. I told the principal about this and it saddens me very much that the principal will not give this girl the help she needs.

Anyway Tiger Pocossin thankyou for your interest and assistance.....Liss x

star123

visitor
Reaction score
Please keep us updated. I have recently asked iching about giving some thought about me and getting a job, it gave me hex 59.3.4 to Hex 44. I also experiencing the funding issue. So please let me know how it goes with you. I'd appreciate it.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I had to do an assignment for my studies which was based on my observation of one of the children.
I based it on a young girl who is in Year 5(about 11y.o.) who reads as maybe a 7 y.o. and whose spelling is 99% incorrect but she is not disabled in anyway and is actually an amazing creative writer.
She is the main reason I wanted to work at this school because I found a special way to help her learn with the learning block she seems to have. I told the principal about this and it saddens me very much that the principal will not give this girl the help she needs.

Liss , is she the only one that decides where the funding are spend or there is a committee ?

and can this assignment help you in a ways? How can you utilize that special way you found to help that girl ?

Thus he finds friends who praise and recommend him, and in the end the prince accepts him and confers an office upon him.

could those friends be the teacher gave you that assignment or the institution you study ? have you consider that?

G

goddessliss

Yes anemos there is a committee and one person in particular, who is also a teacher at the school, has spoken up and questioned the principal's decision not to employ me.
Yes the thought had already crossed my mind that my assessment teacher may actually question the situation herself, as I put a side note on the assignment about my concern for the child and how I had been knocked back for a position - so thankyou for confirming that I am possibly on the right track. It's not so much about the job for me but the welfare of this child that upsets me, a lot.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).