...life can be translucent

Menu

professional fulfillment 23.4.6>16

weather

visitor
Reaction score
I'm about to enter the work market again after a break. I've been offered to do a specific job I hadn't first requested.This is a new and exciting oportunity. I feel I can come to enjoy this very much and have thought maybe this is a new door opening which could bring me professional fulfillment in the long term (I haven't yet found that previously). With this in mind I asked 'Where is this opening door going to take me in the long term?" and got 23.4.6>16.

I've interpreted this as a positive answer but maybe I'm just being wishfull...What do you think?

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not very good at interpreting readings for other people but I'll give it a try in case it helps.

'Where is this opening door going to take me in the long term?" and got 23.4.6>16.

I think that Yi can only give you the answers you already have tbh. So I reckon this reading is basically a reflection of how you feel about the situation: you've been unhappy in the past, maybe held back by others or yourself (23.4), and now feel like something new and exciting may be giving you and opportunity (23.6) to soar and fills you with anticipation (16). 16 is I think about imagination and now you have to visualise what you want to accomplish and then cross check if this new position will take you were you really want to go.

Don't know if this is on the mark or not, but it's the best I've got. :)

Good luck!

weather

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Precision Grace. I sometimes also feel the IC mirrors back to us how we are feeling/thinking at the moment of the question. If this was the case here, the positive answer might only have been the mirror image of my wishful thinking.

However, the wording for my question was clear, I wanted to know the future result of this 'Where is this opening door going to take me in the long term?", so I would expect the IC to be specific about the long term results of this new oportunity rather than just telling me how I was feeling at the present time.

Does the IC answer a specific future time framed/result question with a
present/expectation answer?

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
"Does the IC answer a specific future time framed/result question with a
present/expectation answer?"

I don't know. You can only ever go by what you feel is right, there are never any guarantees, are there, so if you feel like this is giving you a green light for the future, than brilliant, go for it?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'm about to enter the work market again after a break. I've been offered to do a specific job I hadn't first requested.This is a new and exciting oportunity. I feel I can come to enjoy this very much and have thought maybe this is a new door opening which could bring me professional fulfillment in the long term (I haven't yet found that previously). With this in mind I asked 'Where is this opening door going to take me in the long term?" and got 23.4.6>16.

I've interpreted this as a positive answer but maybe I'm just being wishfull...What do you think?
I wouldn't see this particular answer as being a positive one...I see you with great naive enthusiasm, as your starting point, but your answer is given as "Stripping Away".

Not only is Stripping Away usually an unpleasant task, but Line 4 indicates that the stripping to be done on this job (perhaps to fit in the job or to meet the job's requirements) is extreme, and might be described as unsustainable or unsupportable. Finally, in Line 6, you are told "The ripest fruit is not eaten," which would indicate to me that either the job or something you expect to get out of the job will not be yours. Perhaps Line 6 refers to the professional fulfillment you desire; given your question, that would be the ripest fruit.

I like to image the readings sometimes by putting together the two hexagrams in a phrase; in this case "Stripping Away your Enthusiasm."

weather

visitor
Reaction score
That's certainly another clarifying way of deciphring these hex/lines, Tigerintheboat. The presence of 23 wasn't very cheerful to begin with, I had hoped it refered to Stripping Away past negativity:brickwall:. However, I can get the message from your point of view too. Putting together both hexagrams in a phrase is a succint but very intelligent way of getting the full pic with few words, I'll do this more often from now on, thanks.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The presence of 23 wasn't very cheerful to begin with, I had hoped it refered to Stripping Away past negativity:brickwall:.
Usually what is stripped away is something solid that we have come to depend on, something in the way of the next stage or transformation.

That could be negative emotions in some contexts.

But because of the relating hexagram, and the particular lines you received, especially the stripping away flesh in Line 4, behavior that is unsustainable. So I don't think it is negativity being stripped away. Our layers of negative emotions can be taken away from most people without much harm.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).