...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 56 unchanging relationship advice

t4235

visitor
Reaction score
A few months back I started liking this girl that I work with and we became good friends. During this entire time, I didn't tell her I liked her nor did I officially ask her out. Now her and I are over 10 years apart in age, and I am the younger one. I really do like this women and could see having a long term relationship with her.

But over the last week or so, we started working in direct contact with each other, her and I started spending even more time together, and other people I work with have noticed. There are rumors that we are dating and such, that she's asked me about. And now, two of my friends have told me that she's been going around saying stuff about me. They claim that she's saying that I am all over her and sort of making of fun of me for it, and really acting like she's "hot stuff" because she got promoted into working in my area, and there's a younger guy (me) interested in her. Keep in mind that there's really no way for sure that she knows I like her because I havent told her.

But the story really doesn't seem to add up because we've been spending a lot of time with each other, she's been showing me attention and I've been showing her attention, it's been mutual for my stand point. We spent over an hour on the phone just a few days ago. And although I'm close and trust the two friends this is coming from, they aren't really that mature and they could be misinterpreting what ever she said to them. With that said, I wanted to just confront her about the whole situation, in large part because I could just tell her during the conversation that I did indeed have feelings for her. But considering the circumstances I decided to consult the iching first. I asked:

What is the situation between ___ and I as of today ___?

and I got 56 unchanging.

I also asked:

What should I do about the situation between __ and I to turn this situation into a romantic relationship between __ and I?

and I got 62.1.3

From Wilhelm:
62.1 reads
"The bird meets with misfortune through flying"

62.3 reads
"If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune."

I think the iching is telling me that the situation between us is that I want take action for what I think she been saying, but I want to be careful about it. But its advising me to be careful and not do anything, and just continue to being the way I've been around her. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What is the situation between ___ and I as of today?
56 unchanging

Fire on the Mountain. Things are warm.

What should I do about the situation between __ and I to turn this situation into a romantic relationship between __ and I?
62.1.3 > 51

Your being attracted to the woman is obvious to everyone where you work. She has probably been teased and has said things, but if she objected to your attention you'd know. Why not tell her that you admire her and respectfully ask for a date? The lines you received are not auspicious, so things may not go as smoothly or as quickly as you wish.

62.1 Don't fly too high at first. Let things develop gradually.

62.3 Don't let gossips hinder you.

If offices romances are frowned upon where you work, she may decline even though she doesn't want to.

t4235

visitor
Reaction score
So I have been thinking that I should go ahead and say something to her about the way I feel, I dont know how, but I should say something. Thinking about a "confrontation" in terms of just telling her how I feel,

I asked:

Should I confront ___ regarding the situation between her and I?
and I received

25.1.4.6 > 8

From Wilhelm/Baynes

HOLDING TOGETHER brings good fortune.
Inquire of the oracle once again
Whether you possess sublimity, constancy, and perseverance;
Then there is no blame.
Those who are uncertain gradually join.
Whoever comes too late
Meets with misfortune.

I think its saying that I should go ahead and let her know how I feel, and that I should do it soon.

Any thoughts on interpretation would be appreciated.

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Should I confront ___ regarding the situation between her and I?
25.1.4.6 > 8

Bradford translates the title of hexagram 25 as 'Without Pretense', which suggests speaking one's heart. The line fortunes are favorable except in the top, which I think is a warning against waiting too long. The judgment of hexagram 8 also warns against being too late, so if you are ever going to do anything, best to do it now before she has other commitments for the holidays.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).