...life can be translucent

Menu

divination books+other recommendations

meerkats64

visitor
Reaction score
Forewarned extraordinary irish stories of premonitions & dreams by Colm Keane isbn 978-0-9559133-3-4

shadow of the titanic by andrew wilson the extraordinary stories of those who survived isbn 978-1-84737-731-9 £15 (highly advised book to buy)

going home irish stories from the edge of death near death experiences, out of body travel, death bed visions by colm keane isbn 978-0-9559133-1-0

divination for beginners reading the past, present & future by scott cunningham isbn 0-7387-0384-2 (don t underestimate this book)

probability for dummies by deborah rumsey isbn 0-471-75141-3 £14

the i ching does involve probabilities so above book may make interesting read

Last edited:

dharmamom

visitor
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what you understand by divination, but in the context of the I Ching, versions of the I Ching which are divination-oriented that I have found useful are:

*"The authentic I Ching" Dr Wang Yang & Jon Sandifer
*"I Ching numerology" Da Liu
*"The Tao of I Ching" Jou Tsung Hwa
* "The fortune teller's I Ching" Martin Palmer, Joanne O'Brien and Kwok Man Ho

The former three are Plum Blossom oriented and the comments in all four are geared more towards the divination than towards the ethical aspects of the I Ching

stonebridge

Inactive
Reaction score
The Ethical Aspect is Dust in Air without Tool (Oracle)

Before getting the "ethical aspect" we first have to organize ourselves, and the oracle is one of the myriad pathways to get it. Pls go ahead and brush thru my newest translation of the Zhou Yi's prototype completed by Yang Xiong now available at:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/212192
To visit, just click on the link or paste the URLs into your browser.

Last edited:

meerkats64

visitor
Reaction score
i do have authentic i ching book

yes the authentic i ching is super book but not enough examples in it

master

visitor
Reaction score
Honestly speaking,it is impossible for a foreigner to I Ching well even for a Chinese.You have to get guidance from a experienced Chinese master.Because what I Ching book writes are pure theory.More prediction and future change skills are inherited from generation to generations in China.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly speaking,it is impossible for a foreigner to I Ching well even for a Chinese.You have to get guidance from a experienced Chinese master.Because what I Ching book writes are pure theory.More prediction and future change skills are inherited from generation to generations in China.

Let me guess, "master," you are suggesting we learn from you or one of your "experienced" friends, right? You may be "speaking honestly" but what you've said is full of hot air, to put it mildly.

C

cjgait

I don't know exactly what you understand by divination, but in the context of the I Ching, versions of the I Ching which are divination-oriented that I have found useful are:

*"The authentic I Ching" Dr Wang Yang & Jon Sandifer
*"I Ching numerology" Da Liu
*"The Tao of I Ching" Jou Tsung Hwa
* "The fortune teller's I Ching" Martin Palmer, Joanne O'Brien and Kwok Man Ho

The former three are Plum Blossom oriented and the comments in all four are geared more towards the divination than towards the ethical aspects of the I Ching

An excellent list indeed! All very useful for practical divination. I also enjoy Liu Ming's Changing Zhouyi.

C

cjgait

Gosh, I sure wish I could have been born to be one of those 'masters'. I bet they get their own parking space at all the celestial temple events and everything. Humbling, that's what it is. Humbling just to hear the pronouncement of a real 'master'.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
chuckle

Everyone knows, the REAL Ching masters are Italian/French/Belgian/Americans. Next thing you know the Chinese will claim they invented spaghetti.

A few times during my life, I thought grasping it was within my reach. Then I'm suddenly stupid again and know nothing. Then a master. Then stupid again. There wouldn't be one without the other.

love_boat

visitor
Reaction score
I have bought the one on numerology - that's what interests me most.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who calls himself master in the context of Yixue is only a masterbater.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my own personal collection on this and related subjects.
http://www.hermetica.info/TongBib.htm
The Yijing is covered elsewhere on my site, both a bibliography and links.

These books are not all worth having, and I've yet to distinguish the good from the bad,
but at least with the titles you can look them up for reviews.

And in just a few days I'll be posting a really huge, categorized links page
on these broader subjects on my general website.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).