...life can be translucent

Menu

New to this forum:) help re hex 55.1.2 to 15

jade10

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have been using the i ching for a few months and asked today whether i should download the advanced course. The answer was 55 changing to 15 - i read this as positive but i am not sure if i am right?

Any advice would be greatfully received
thanks
jade

jade10

visitor
Reaction score
I just read how to post on here so here is a bit more info!

I read it as quit positive, there is a lot on at Present but that doesn't have to hold me back...or I could totally have the wrong end of the stick.

I am really interested in the I ching and would like to learn more but I don't want to run before I can walk but further learning would be useful!! I am also studying and working full time so i am pretty usy but ithink it is important to make time for somethig that feels important for me...So I am unsure:)

Reaction score
Hi Jade and welcome.

"whether i should download the advanced course?" 55.1.4 > 15

55:
LiSe's description of what the name of the hexagram means:
FENG: Ears of grain or shoots of foliage (1) and below either a threshing floor (2) or a ritual vessel (3). Like an ancient picture of a cornucopia. It was the name of Wen's city, from there he attacked the Shang.
FENG: a kind of ritual vessel, loan for luxuriant, abundant, plentiful; bounteous
It seems to be referring to the ancient knowlegde and abundance of the I Ching itself. And that there are many ways to obtain the knowledge, like the Advanced Course which is rich and full of information.

55.1:
Wilhelm's Translation of the Line:
Nine at the beginning means:
When a man meets his destined ruler,
They can be together ten days,
And it is not a mistake.
Going meets with recognition.
This is a positive line about your question saying it is not a mistake to learn. Maybe the 'ruler' is the I Ching itself.

55.4:
Hilary's Translation of the Line:
'At Feng you are screened
Sun at noon, seeing the Dipper.
Meeting your hidden lord,
Good fortune.’
This is also a positive line about your question saying it is good fortune to learn. You meet your hidden lord.

15:
Wilhelm's Translation of the Image:
Within the earth, a mountain:
The image of MODESTY.
Thus the superior man reduces that which is too much,
And augments that which is too little.
He weighs things and makes them equal.
The image in 15 is a Mountain with Earth on the top. So the Mountain is not too tall. It doesn't jut out on the top but is leveled off by the Earth on top. So this hexagram is referred to as things like Modesty, Integrity, Authenticity, Humility or Humbleness. This could be advice to balance your time with your other obligations, not overstep your capacity at first. Maybe it is referring to not taking an Advanced Course but a Beginner's Course instead.

Overall it seems to me that the reading is saying you and the Yi (I Ching) are destined to have a wonderful relationship together filled with learning !!:bows:

jade10

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, I think that's wise to start with the beginner and then see what happens next . I feel ready to learn more and I'm happy I have found this forum and resources. I do feel that the I Ching is there for me to learn more but I bet there is a lifetime of learning:)

Many thanks for taking the time to help!
Jade

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Jade, I have a question for you.

Did you get 55.1.2 > 32

or 55.1.4 > 15

because it would make a difference ...

In other words, did you get the first two lines moving?

jade10

visitor
Reaction score
Oo I typed it wrong... It changed to 15! I don't remember which lines moved now but it defiantly went to 15... Does the above still stand?

Reaction score
Yep. 55.1.4>15
Good eye Ginnie... I passed by the headline and didn't see that.

for 55 to change to 15, lines 1 and 4 change.

:hug:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).