...life can be translucent

Menu

Yarrow stalks for divination

lpkaster

visitor
Reaction score
Hello folks, I have been a student of the I Ching since the 1070s
I began to grow and use Yarrow stalks years ago, only recently offering bundles in my Etsy shop quite recently. I find the use of the stalks to be relaxing. The soft natural quality of yarrow is more in tune, I believe, with the original divination rituals of Taoist shamans.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/113541801/50-yarrow-stalks-for-traditional-chinese

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi-
Not to simply be contrary, but just to clarify:
The yarrow method we have now was very likely not the method used in the beginning, and
the original divination rituals did not involve Daoist shamans, since those would not come along for many centuries still. The Yi uses the word Dao in a much more original sense than was developed later in Daoism. Neither were the concepts of Yin and Yang present yet.

lpkaster

visitor
Reaction score
While I am impressed by your scholarship, and I intend to read your very interesting articles that will undoubtedly clarify my understanding of antiquity, may I simply offer my little bundles of yarrow grown in my personal herbal garden? At the present time these may be the best guide to understanding that which cannot be named; always changing and ever elusive.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
While I am impressed by your scholarship, and I intend to read your very interesting articles that will undoubtedly clarify my understanding of antiquity, may I simply offer my little bundles of yarrow grown in my personal herbal garden? At the present time these may be the best guide to understanding that which cannot be named; always changing and ever elusive.

You may indeed. Price is right too.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).