...life can be translucent

Menu

The Dead Posters Society // ex Bozoji

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
For those suffering withdrawal after Bozoji's demise, it has reincarnated. Got an email this morning from the new forum announcing the name change.

The Dead Posters Society

S

sooo

Wow, I checked it earlier and it was empty. Now there's several interesting thread titles. I applied. We'll see if I'm deemed worthy, or not.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Or more like deemed edible.

I wish you luck.

Luis I wonder why the last one ended and the new one started ? They appear to be exactly the same thing don't they ?. That is they more or less formed in a reaction against the BATGAP forum which they hate and which they talk of much. From what I've gathered 'batgap', according to the prolific posters, is full of smug spiritual types banging on about enlightenment. They, Batgap, banned some of them or something so they left and began a new forum which was Bozoji's and is now this new forum.. Of course everyone when reading this there goes and sees what batgap is like...I think it stands for 'Buddha at the gas pump'.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. Without asking Steve Marshall, my guess is that it was due to economic reasons. He transferred the whole forum to the new place. I also gather that he doesn't want to spend too much time managing it. Who knows...

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ah. And there's me thinking you knew everything :D

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, too much responsibility to do so. I only know enough to get in trouble... :D

S

sooo

While the tone is intellectually combative, pretty much what I'd expect, Steve does have keen insight to glean from. I mostly enjoyed a taste of some fine Miles Davis from a small jazz thread. Wound up turning down the lights, inside and out, and being lullabied to sleep.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It seems to have disappeared again

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe it disappears intermittently to keep us on our toes. It's on at the moment.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
No it's not, there's nothing there, no threads. There are headings but all apart from the headings all it says is

No discussions were found.

Unless I've hit a new all time low and been banned from a forum I've never even joined ?

S

sooo

It's there and active but you have to join and sign in.

Decidedly not my thing so I don't visit it. If I want to watch competition I'll turn on a hockey match or baseball game. If I want some nothing means anything philosophy, I'll read some Zen poetry. The mixture of the two is all too familiar, reminiscent of yahooligan Buddhist forums. (insert yawn smiley)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
No it's not, there's nothing there, no threads.

It's there for me. This morning I read a recommendation for a book on wabi-sabi and about a sanctuary in Denmark WA. Also, many, many whimsical quips. Maybe you need to join before you are let in.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, I see, yes it must be that you must join before you are let in even to read. In that case I'll stay outside.

fyreflye

visitor
Reaction score
You need to sign in (or register) to see the threads on the latest incarnation of the site.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure Steve Marshall will keep his vampire instincts in check with new members. Don't be afraid to apply... :D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).