...life can be translucent

Menu

I do have a question

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
First off NICE Forum!

There is a question on some texts I have read on-line. It is mentioned in reguards to A: Old-Yin <> Young-Yang and B:Young Yin <> Old Yang.

First would it be correct that these two are cycyles unto themselves ??? That A and B are two cycles?
I have seen that one is considered transitory and the other not. Is that what is classically thought?

To this end I read there is a connection to 6,7 and 8,9 I wish most sincerly to resolve this reference. I may have the mathematics behind the I Ching. If the 6,7 and 8,9 are references to positions the old and youn occupy that would be a potintal element in a proof or at least an interesting Conjecture.

Thanks

Ernst

S

svenrus

Hello ErnstB,

I don't have the answer but I do have some speculations about the subject, attached here:
The river Lo map and Magic square.jpg

And the river Lo map (the little pic):

Scan.jpg (Source: An anthology of I Ching, W.A. Sherrill and W.K. Chu, Arkana 1989)

Last edited:
S

sooo

I don't know what cycles you're referring to but you have the old as meaning changing to it's unchanging opposite correct.

There are many analogies one can use for this. For instance, AC (alternating current). Another is an A/B vacuum tube or valve circuit. When energy reaches its limit it reverses polarity. It is greatly more efficient, using each direction to generate the same power as one which is constant and uses twice the energy, rather like pedaling a bicycle. I think hexagram 32 is another example of this self-perpetuating power. Maybe this is something related to your cycle idea?

S

svenrus

On #2:

"III. Explaining the Milfoil Stalks(139)
The number of the Great Amplification is 50.(140)
The numbers in the centers of the River Chart and the Lo Text are both 5. Expanding them, each increases its number up to 10, and taking these [multiplied] together makes 50. The sum of the River Chart is 55. The 50 is always obtained from 5, and only 5 is what 50 is derived from, yet it itself is derived from nothing. Thus by subtracting it we are left with 50. Also, 40 of the 55 is divided into the numbers of the mature and young yang and yin, while the 5 and 10 do nothing [i.e. are neither yang nor yin]. So again, by taking 5 and multiplying it by 10, or by taking 10 and multiplying it by 5, in both cases we get 50.

The sum of the Lo Text is 45, with 40 dispersed to the outside and divided into the numbers of mature and young yin and yang. Only the 5 abides in the center, doing nothing. So it also contains in itself the number 5, and altogether we get 50. "

( From http://web.archive.org/web/20030218...s/religion/fac/adler/Writings/Chimeng.htm#Ch3)

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
I am investagating this topic. What I have is a type of number that exists in finite space but has a variable value. It can spin in a forward direction or a backward direction.

The wisdom I have so far is "A building rests on a foundation but it is people that make it a home."

I will continue to ponder the root of the I Ching but I have nothing to connect DUE to I Cning except Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz. Like the great Leibinz I find Binary and the I Ching to be of interest.

I accept the concept of opposite forces. I am now investegating what that really means for me. I think it is a valuable clue for me.

Thank you for the reply
I don't know what cycles you're referring to but you have the old as meaning changing to it's unchanging opposite correct.

There are many analogies one can use for this. For instance, AC (alternating current). Another is an A/B vacuum tube or valve circuit. When energy reaches its limit it reverses polarity. It is greatly more efficient, using each direction to generate the same power as one which is constant and uses twice the energy, rather like pedaling a bicycle. I think hexagram 32 is another example of this self-perpetuating power. Maybe this is something related to your cycle idea?

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you.

I think my focus is on Yin and Yang then on to Trigrams. If someone 4000 years ago did figure out DUE cycles and that became the foundation of all further reasoning well I don't see any evidence to support that. I am trying to see what I want to see in things.

For now I will be focusing on {1,2,3} and how it will work for me. I hope to write an interactive Oracle program. Which is code for I would like to explore A.I. No doubt we all agree that I Ching offers a lot for so little.

On #2:

"III. Explaining the Milfoil Stalks(139)
The number of the Great Amplification is 50.(140)
The numbers in the centers of the River Chart and the Lo Text are both 5. Expanding them, each increases its number up to 10, and taking these [multiplied] together makes 50. The sum of the River Chart is 55. The 50 is always obtained from 5, and only 5 is what 50 is derived from, yet it itself is derived from nothing. Thus by subtracting it we are left with 50. Also, 40 of the 55 is divided into the numbers of the mature and young yang and yin, while the 5 and 10 do nothing [i.e. are neither yang nor yin]. So again, by taking 5 and multiplying it by 10, or by taking 10 and multiplying it by 5, in both cases we get 50.

The sum of the Lo Text is 45, with 40 dispersed to the outside and divided into the numbers of mature and young yin and yang. Only the 5 abides in the center, doing nothing. So it also contains in itself the number 5, and altogether we get 50. "

( From http://web.archive.org/web/20030218...s/religion/fac/adler/Writings/Chimeng.htm#Ch3)

S

sooo

I am investagating this topic. What I have is a type of number that exists in finite space but has a variable value. It can spin in a forward direction or a backward direction.

The wisdom I have so far is "A building rests on a foundation but it is people that make it a home."

I will continue to ponder the root of the I Ching but I have nothing to connect DUE to I Cning except Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz. Like the great Leibinz I find Binary and the I Ching to be of interest.

I accept the concept of opposite forces. I am now investegating what that really means for me. I think it is a valuable clue for me.

Thank you for the reply

The concept of Zero was first spoken of in the Upanishads as early as 1000 BCE, which was around the time of the early I Ching writings, yet I find no representation of Zero in our current IC, other than the circle, which is represented in hex 1. H2 is represented as a square and a cube, as depicted in 2.2: the three dimensional paradigm. What I don't see at all in the Yi is the purely two dimensional Flatland. Even dreams have three (or more) dimensions; our psyche does not illustrate in two dimensions, though much of our art does, but even that attempts to expand within our imagination and optical illusion.

P

peterg

I don't understand ErnstB's ideas or cycles, perhaps if he simplified the language ?. But here are a few thoughts on this subject.

The use of line numbers 6 7 8 9 for moving yin,static yang, static yin, and moving yang, (moving yin changes to static yang, moving yang changes to static yin)
seem to have originated with the River Map:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_River_Map
No one seems to know exactly how or when 6 and 9 first became associated with yin and yang moving lines but that may be something to do with the Map.
The numbers are mentioned in the Liji>Yueling http://ctext.org/liji/yue-ling (which incidentally has other content, like the calendrical solar terms, and why the Emperors horses changed colour with the seasons), where 8796 are the numbers for spring summer autumn winter.

Perhaps the three coin method was inspired by the correlation of 6789 with the value of 2 and 3 assigned to tails and heads.
and with the Yarrow method by using 50 sticks, instead of say 46 sticks which would give 5678 for the lines.Perhaps 6789 and 50 were considered the ritually correct numbers to use.

What about (yin + yang)^o as an early concept of zero ? That's the Taijitu or yinyang symbol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiji_(philosophy) Undifferentiated yin and yang.Its also seen in the full moon.

The trigrams would be (yin +yang)^3 ,and^2 for the four bigrams,^6 for the hexagrams. Same as Pascals Triangle which is a binomial expansion.I wondered if this correlation with PT would help ErnstB's research, assuming he didn't know about it already.I read somewhere that the structure of PT helped DNA researchers.

Last edited:

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
Okay.. My Bad. I try to ramp op the brain waves into the 30's and I forget others.

Dynamic Unary Encoding, a paper I placed on arXiv.org a pre-preint server for scientific papers, demonstrates the nature of dynamic unary encoding.

Now I am getting feedback that the paper is hard to get through and if you will forget about the whole thing and look at the encoding and decoding alone.

You will see that there is a mathematical object there.

I am theorizing that it is a kind of number we have not known about. I further theorize that it may be a datatype our brains use.

Any way if I might:

Think of bits as one thing yet separate like the Tao Te Ching chapter one suggests.

Now that they are of “common origin but named with different names”
The common origin may be the cycle and they with different names Yin and Yang or in binary 1 and 0

I realize that the importance of the concept of opposing forces / objects. I also get the idea that there is a concept of a Cycle in Tao.
That is a vague generalization but if it is acceptable then it stands.
In dynamic unary encoding we count same parity bits and represent that number of bits in Unary Code like 4 = 0111 or 1000 We read right to left in the West.

If we encode or decode Iteratively we get a cycle. There is a mathematical structure which I hope I introduced well in the paper. Let me know if you will what your experience was.

Now, the theoretical thing I ponder is that given the the assumption that counting started with one because zero was not considered a number then the order of things is such that counting elements ( decimal digits ) we get to {6,7,8,9} and that may map to the old/young yin/yang concepts that are clearly communicated in the I Ching.

I'm ernst@eberg.us if I can be of any help here.

Here is a snippit of the table 1
=====================================================
Length of string 1 bit.
( 0 ) ( 1 ) Parity reference b0 Number of Cycles 2 of 1 Element
—————-
Length of string 2 bits.
( 1 3 2 0 ) Parity reference b0 Number of Cycles 1 of 4 Elements
( 1 0 ) ( 3 2 ) Parity reference b1 Number of Cycles 2 of 2 Elements

Even a single bit can be said to '”cycle”
Starting with 1 count up each decimal digit and we get to {{6,7},,{8,9}} <-- I mean this as a set of two sets
In what I have read so far, there is a potential for correlation. So it's a bit “IF” if we don't count Zero. Since there is evidence that they ysed a Number Board with no zero the possibility is all the more attractive.

What do you think.

Here is a link to Wikipedia for binary string http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_code

Say does this editor have spell check? I am handicapped when it comes to spelling things.

---------------------

I hope I made some sense. Again feel free to contact me. ernst@eberg.us

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
The concept of Zero was first spoken of in the Upanishads as early as 1000 BCE, which was around the time of the early I Ching writings, yet I find no representation of Zero in our current IC, other than the circle, which is represented in hex 1. H2 is represented as a square and a cube, as depicted in 2.2: the three dimensional paradigm. What I don't see at all in the Yi is the purely two dimensional Flatland. Even dreams have three (or more) dimensions; our psyche does not illustrate in two dimensions, though much of our art does, but even that attempts to expand within our imagination and optical illusion.

Thank You for your work here!

I just looked at something i grabbed off the net as part of research. I see something very interesting here. hex01-b.gif

Hexagram 01 --

Qián

The directing power of Heaven

Creation
Eminent - expansion
Harvest - determination

The great image says:
Heaven moves: firmness.
A noble one owing to his own strength never ceases

Heaven Moves... Interesting. Is this "Cycle?" The Heaven and Earth are base elements I believe.

The symbolism is rich and like layers of dust setteling the ground grows. Anything I Ching is going to be built on the previous.

That's my working theory. I am very open to "argument." could it be?

S

sooo

That looks as though it's from LiSe's Yijing, named The oracle of the sun. Hex 1 itself represents the sun, which was seen as the great life giving orb in the heavens.

I think it's fair to see this as that zero or the continuous circle. I also think a similar medieval and very ancient Chinese symbol would be expressed in the snake eating its own tail, expressing the saying "My end is my beginning."

The correct term is Ourovoros Ophis (the tail-eating snake) and its greek from oura (tail) vora (eating) and ophis (snake, serpent). The Chinese had images of pig-headed dragons (the earliest dragon archetypes, 4700-2200 b.C.) eating their tails. Then it appears in Egypt. The Greek philosophers gave the sympol its name: Plato (in Timaios) identifies it with the first primordial, immortal, perfect being. The snake (or dragon, or winged dragon, in some cases) stands for a hermaphroditic symbol of rebirth. Generally the tail-eating snake is seen as a symbol of eternity, the endless cycle of life and death, but it is more complex than that: there is two quite different images of the Ourovoros - the one who bites his tail and the one who swallows its tail. The first is static (often painted half-black, half-white), dividing what is inside and what is outside, a symbol of perfection and balance between negative and positive, male and female, constructive and destructive, somewhat like the yin & yang. The second, however, is dynamic: it symbolises spiral movement and energy; when the snake reaches it head it dissapears, and so it signifies the whole and the absolute, consuming itself until it reaches the point where it has to start again. This is its symbolic use in Alchemy. Orphic cosmology (an ancient greek mystic movement c. 6th century bC) recognised the Ourovoros Ophis as the symbol of Aeon, the lifetime of All & Everything (the univerce), as the snake was wrapped around the cosmic egg, forming a perfect circle (Epikouros -341 to 270 bC- wrote: "the whole was from the beginning like an egg, with the serpent/spirit around it like a circle"). It was the codex of Markianos (11th century AD) that attracted Carl Jung's attention to the symbol as an archetype, together with the term "One the Whole". So the symbolism can be interpreted according to these two variations, as a symbol of a static, immobile, perfect universe that has closed the circle, attained wisdom and is at peace, or as a symbol of eternal energy, in the constant process of self-devouring and self-regenerating - "my End is my Beginning"; the latter version can be seen as a symbol of the eternally existing spirit and reincarnation or transmigration of the eternal soul...

300px-Ouroboros.png

It's also believed by many to be the reason the Yijing ends with Before Completion rather than After completion.

S

sooo

PS: note the inner yellow circle (static) and outside red circle (dynamic). Unchanging within, and changing without. When a line doesn't change it is static, when it changes it is dynamic.

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
Do feel free to contact me for any help with DUE. I spent four years researching my discovery. I am able to help.

As to the Cycle as the Tao well it's a question to consider. That there is text referencing that Old/Young Yin/Yang are at 6,7,8,9is possibly a proof but only if they did not count zero as a number.

It's exciting to me so pardon the excited posts.

Thank You

Ernst

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
It is a better argument that it represents Cycle. That which is my end is my beginning seems to fit cycle better than zero.

Wonderful post by the way. Thank You very much.

So if the I Ching is based on Cycle and the binary of Yin and Yang. That there is a math that does this and it has two sets corresponding to old yin young yang and old yang young yin that are at positions 6,7,8,9 well it seems worthy of further efforts.

I am excited that it could be true. If it is then the Tao is Dynamic Unary. The Tao is never ending. The Tao is that which is my end is my beginning.

Make me wonder!

As to the before completion and after completion if it is Dynamic Unary then it spins both ways and for any starting point there is a cycle where "the beginning is also the end."

But let us continue to question! I am not attempting to defend a assumption. I seek to champion the truth.

That looks as though it's from LiSe's Yijing, named The oracle of the sun. Hex 1 itself represents the sun, which was seen as the great life giving orb in the heavens.

I think it's fair to see this as that zero or the continuous circle. I also think a similar medieval and very ancient Chinese symbol would be expressed in the snake eating its own tail, expressing the saying "My end is my beginning."

300px-Ouroboros.png

It's also believed by many to be the reason the Yijing ends with Before Completion rather than After completion.

S

sooo

I think binary theory and cycles are represented throughout the work of IC. Specifically, just as examples, 49 represents annual cycles, 24 represents the return to the beginning of a cycle, 32 represents self-perpetual motion of cycles, 11 and 12 demonstrate (among other things) the idea of cyclic dynamic and static states.

There seems to me to be difficulty nailing down a singular system that sorts the Yi out in a linear fashion as stillness and movement, cycles and (static) circles (such as Zero), because the Yi itself bears likeness to the theory of everything, which physicists are still trying to formulate to fit into a linear singular idea or explanation.

To me it is more of an "I am that" paradigm.

I love hearing ideas about this kind of thing, and your thoughts are very welcomed.

Last edited:

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you kindly. Some people are more interested in harm than insight.

So many layers on layers in the constructs I understand.

To me this is the nature of Information and along with energy they come together to produce all things. That is my working theory. That is my angle on this DUE and I Ching.

So far I think of there being three elements in such a construct the 0, the 1, and the cycle. I am working on the concept that cycle exists without elements by itself. I ponder if actual empty Space is cycle.

These are things i like to consider.

I am not sure if I was clear on what I{6,7,8,9} is all about but Wikipedia has a page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching_divination

Relating :
old yin yin changing into yang 6 ---x---
young yang unchanging yang 7 --------
young yin unchanging yin 8 --- ---
old yang yang changing into yin 9 ---o---

In DUE I worked from the least signifficant bit up so not counting 0 of length 1
=======================================================
Length of string 1 bit.
( 0 ) ( 1 ) Parity reference b0 Number of Cycles 2 of 1 Element
—————-
Length of string 2 bits.
( 1 3 2 0 ) Parity reference b0 Number of Cycles 1 of 4 Elements
( 1 0 ) ( 3 2 ) Parity reference b1 Number of Cycles 2 of 2 Elements
and 6,7,8,9 From wikipedia I get the order of

old yin yin changing into yang 2 <> 3 an Cycle
young yang unchanging yang 3 by itself Symbolism
young yin unchanging yin 8 0 by itself Symbolism
old yang yang changing into yin 1 <> 0 Cycle

6 7 8 9 or 01 <> 00 ,11 <> 10
That is what caught my eye. I started with value 0 so it cycled to value 1 and I started with value 2 and it cycled to value 3. That Static part I read about is of concern to me too. But where does the "mechanics' end and the symbolism begin?

The Yarrow is tossed and once the mechanics is done the symbolism starts. So too with DUE I believe. That it cycles and is an infinite structure is well and good but it is symbolistic constructs that make the I Ching the I Ching naturally.

I am more of a practicle application kind of programmer so I want to understand the mechanics so I can construct programs with those mechanics. If all possible I want to have the right idea from the start. The Symbolisim and symbolistic constructs well... it's been going of for a few thousand years I can't top that :)

If I am able, this winter, to craft an interactive "frontend" to an I Ching Oracle program I hope to be doing so in a right way. i think it will be a really fun learning experience.
The bulk of the I Ching however is something I will not have the mechanics for so I canniot program the symbolism in. Who could? I do think I will draw heavy on those constructs nonetheless.

That's what I am on about. I always want to apply things to software constructs.

S

sooo

Not much if anything I can contribute to those particulars. I have a mental block where numerical concepts (math/algerbra, etc) are concerned. I could never be a programer. More of a metaphysical theorist, if anything.

I wonder if you're familiar with Chris Lofting's work and ideas. He's been an active member here; very unconventional, pissed some traditional scholars off, and I couldn't get my head around half his arguments, however those which I did I found to be stimulating ways of viewing the IC. I don't think his site is still up, not sure. Luis would know. Maybe he'll be along to help with this. But binary was his thing, along with emotional relevancy. He didn't "believe" the answers we receive had any "10BC magical thinking" behind them, and that all answers within the IC can apply at any given time. The argument was, yes, but the "best fit answer" is what we received. There are pages and pages of these type of arguments in the archives. Chris has moved on, but his work may still be available. Seems the kind of thing that may interest you.

Thanks for explaining more about your ideas. Wish I had a better grasp of some things. Some here do, but some are not active anymore, unfortunately.

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your work!

I look at that and see we really do not know exactly.

I see from that there may have been an evolution of systems with the Trigram and then the Hexagram winning.

I feel I now have an answer to my question.

While the exact history of the Trigram and Yi (I Ching) may not ever be known well enough to satisfy everyone, I suggest that dynamic unary is a mathematical structure and a mathematical object that appears to have a great deal in common (mechanically) to the Yi (I Ching)
Therefore I do not see a problem with exploring the structure with regards to Yi (I Ching).

Again thanks..

I have a busy seasonal job for the next three months so if I seem absent it's just me being tired.

Ernst

My theory may be valid and may not be so time will tell us more.

As for my project.. It's easier to imagine something then make it a reality. I was hit with the reality of natural language processing. While the mechanics of programming are not such a challenge I see the simple act of deconstructing a sentence now as a huge challenge.

P

peterg

Not sure if this is sense or nonsense but I can see a simple cycle of 0,1,2 3,..... in the yijing linear figures as yang lines, and the same symmetrical cycle of yin lines in the opposite direction.That seems to tie in with the idea of the forward and backward spinning number in post #5.
The trigrams are 0,1, 2,3 counter moving yin and yang lines in the proportion 1 3 3 1.
The hexagrams 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 lines in the proportion 1 6 15 20 15 6 1.
Is the concept 0 is built in to the figures ? Is that not the issue rather than did the did the early Chinese have a concept of 0 ?

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah.. I continue to attempt a correlation of dynamic unary and I Ching.

What dynamic unary seems, to me, to be is a dynamic integer of a kind. It is as valid mathematically as any number except we can imagine it as spinning or being dynamic in it's nature.
It exists so as a dynamic number there must be dynamic number mathematics.

Speaking of that... It may be a data-type (dynamic unnary) that our brain uses.

I have no final opinion but I will be keeping the question of DUE and I Ching in mind.

To recap my intent in this thread; The Tao Te Ching is a little red book that is never too far from my work area. I feel Chapter 1 is the best of it all for what I do.

Anyway If the idea of Yin and Yang can be represented by {0,1} then in symbolism they form cycles based on how long the finite length binary string is and where we take parity reference from.

Assuming I Ching is closer to binary then to decimal I noticed that for the length of two bits and a parity referrence of b1 that two cycles occur and that if we assuem "11" is Strong Yang and "00" is strong Yin there is a possibility that dynamic unary encoding is the correct mathematical structure behind the proverbial curtain.

It was curious to notice that if we count up in an orderof parity reference b0 first then the others in sequence that there is the 6&7 and 8&9 for parity reference b1 and string length two bits.
As I wrote them we arrive at two cycles where 2 turns into 3 in a cycle. 2 -> 3 -> 2 -> 3 ... and then another cycle of 1 -> 0 -> 1 -> 0 ......

If we call 3 and 0 Yang and Yin (Static) a curious symbolism correlation happens at positions 6,7 and 8,9

The thing is, it is reasonable to assume the ancient Chinese were not working with binary numbers 4500 years ago yet it is also reasonable that they were working with binary concepts in, perhaps an evolving pseudo-science,
It is also possible it is simply accessing the mathematical truth of dynamic unary. If they did then they might have ignored 0 as a value or counted {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, ...}
I imagine that calculating cycles out to 6 bits would have been a bit much by hand because it sure is even today but a group of three forms the primary element ( Trigram ) and two such elements are placed together as the Hexagram.

This is something to consider. I figure the wise man knows that the wisdom of the truth is the result of everyone sharing their opinions.

So I welcome more input on this. It may be or it might not be but we shall learn nonetheless.

I am going to start another thread about the natural ordering of Hexagrams.

S

svenrus

On #2 and #4 in this thread:

In #2, the River Lo Map as I've placed it, the number five occurs two times and I'd wondered for quite a long time why. Recently I found that an explanation could be..... (here I could'nt place a pdf-file so I've added it on this site: http://svenrus.dk/thegreattreatiseriverlomap.pdf )

Well, only a possibility. But I guess within some logic (?)

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
The idea of something from nothing

I believe there is a related concept here and that is the concept of something from nothing. Not that I am announcing anything new I just realize this for myself as an aspect to Yin/Yang

I understand that the Universe is Flat and thus energy neutral.

C

cjgait

I have no scientific basis for this, only that of the Yi Jing, but I would say that the universe has a very slight positive 'spin' that keeps it from falling into stasis. There is just a touch more Yang than there is Yin and that keeps it off balance and spinning. I base this outrageously unprovable statement on the texts of the Yi themselves. There are just a little more than 50% positive texts when you average out positive, negative and neutral texts. This reflects the nature of the reality that the Yi Jing simulates, the world as humans perceive it.

hsin

visitor
Reaction score
Ernst,

Don't know if this is the type of cycle you are looking for, but I have posted what I consider to be the 6-7-8-9 cycle here: http://www.thetolteciching.com/blog/the-cycle-of-6-7-8-9/

From this, you'll see that I don't think there are two different cycles. Young and Old Yin and Yang relate specifically to the seasons of the year and the cycle of day and night, correlated moreover to the four compass points (an act ethnohistorians refer to as the spatialization of time). This alignment, you will see, forms the basis of an ethical human response to natural cycles.

You may find some foundational work from which to leapfrog in the newly published I Ching Mathematics for the King Wen Version (http://williamdouglashorden.com/ching-mathematics-king-wen-version/).

All the Best

ErnstB

visitor
Reaction score
Ernst,

Don't know if this is the type of cycle you are looking for, but I have posted what I consider to be the 6-7-8-9 cycle here: http://www.thetolteciching.com/blog/the-cycle-of-6-7-8-9/

From this, you'll see that I don't think there are two different cycles. Young and Old Yin and Yang relate specifically to the seasons of the year and the cycle of day and night, correlated moreover to the four compass points (an act ethnohistorians refer to as the spatialization of time). This alignment, you will see, forms the basis of an ethical human response to natural cycles.

You may find some foundational work from which to leapfrog in the newly published I Ching Mathematics for the King Wen Version (http://williamdouglashorden.com/ching-mathematics-king-wen-version/).

All the Best

Thanks!

Yeah, I am looking for correlations between dynamic unary results and I Ching

It is possible that in the mind of those contemplating dynamic unary ages ago that they saw the "magic" that they called Tao. Possibly that is.

Again thanks.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).