...life can be translucent

Menu

Announcing: My Ching, the new I Ching journal software

finnianr

visitor
Reaction score
Introducing My Ching
I Ching journal programs it seems, are like buses. You wait ages for one, and then several come along at once. In addition to the Resonance software from onlineclarity, people might also like to consider My Ching, a new software journal developed by Finnian Reilly. A trial version for Windows is available for download from the website

http://myching.co

A short summary of features is as follows:

Search Engine
My Ching is designed to feel like using a web browser. You access all your readings using a search engine. Clicking on a search result opens it in a new tab. Besides doing simple text searches, the search engine also has some very sophisticated ways of searching for hexagram characteristics.

Hexagrams
There are various ways to enter hexagrams, either manually, or using software assisted methods. Besides the basic reading hexagram, there is also an option to display advanced hexagram perspectives. The appearance of the hexagrams are configurable according to the users preference.

Page Appearance
The reading pages can have a number of different appearances depending on the visual theme selected in the preferences. There are 7 built in themes, and you can also create your own unique theme quite easily. See myching.co for some examples.

Translations
My Ching does not provide any built-in I Ching translation, however right-clicking on any hexagram brings up a list of a dozen online-resource links specific to that hexagram. Clicking on a link will open the resource web page in a new tab. The resources include various translations, commentaries, interpretations etc. These resources will be constantly kept updated.

Platforms
My Ching is designed for Windows and Linux PC's. Later next year we plan to have a version for Mac OSX as well.

Import
Import readings from a number of other journal products.

Subscription
My Ching will be available for purchase on a subscription basis with discounts for volume purchase.

Last edited:

Brendon

visitor
Reaction score
sounds awesome i guess it must have took you a long time to do research and come out with such interesting information.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).