...life can be translucent

Menu

Has the forum changed fonts?

S

sooo

Fonts have changed on this computer but only on this forum, so I think it's safe to assume it's not my computer's settings. This is in the general forum and also in the message box we write in. More difficult to read. Example being, the "w" is no longer completely connected, and the font seems overall smaller. The title box has especially small fonts.

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Fonts have changed on this computer but only on this forum, so I think it's safe to assume it's not my computer's settings. This is in the general forum and also in the message box we write in. More difficult to read. Example being, the "w" is no longer completely connected, and the font seems overall smaller. The title box has especially small fonts.

It's our eyes getting older, Sooo :) I think you are right about the font being smaller, but my w's are still connected. Anyway, if you are using Chrome, click on the Qian trigram in the upper right corner, and then click on the plus sign under Zoom.

S

sooo

*blink* *squint* *scrunch nose* ayyy sonny?? :D

I don't have Chrome. I use Firefox, which has had some glitches since my last recent update. Maybe I need to try a fresh update/download.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I have Firefox too, but don't often use it because Chrome is faster. I have had Chrome crash on me, and so keep several browsers as backup. Even when Chrome crashes, Google keeps personal information, so when I download another copy of Chrome, links and passwords are restored. Big Brother is watching me.

G

goddessliss

*blink* *squint* *scrunch nose* ayyy sonny?? :D

I don't have Chrome. I use Firefox, which has had some glitches since my last recent update. Maybe I need to try a fresh update/download.

Yep that happened to me too with Firefox so I deleted it, downloaded it again and turned off automatic updates.

S

sooo

Uninstalled and re-installed Firefox. No change. Other forum using same software looks fine.

testing Verdana wwwww -----It reads better but the message box remains the same, as does the rest of the text.

G

goddessliss

I read, reading the roman numerals font is not good for us, not sure why but......

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sooo, the fonts right now look the same to me as they usually do. But I have occasionally noticed what you're talking about - sometimes the font in the text box is small and compressed. Not always, though - as I'm typing this right now, the text box font is fine, both in Quick Reply and Advanced.

Can't say I've ever noticed a difference in the display font, though, just the text box.

(I'm using Firefox, the latest version.)

S

sooo

Sooo, the fonts right now look the same to me as they usually do. But I have occasionally noticed what you're talking about - sometimes the font in the text box is small and compressed. Not always, though - as I'm typing this right now, the text box font is fine, both in Quick Reply and Advanced.

Can't say I've ever noticed a difference in the display font, though, just the text box.

(I'm using Firefox, the latest version.)

I've also experienced the shifting font in the text box that you describe.

Not a big thing, I can still read the text, just not as easily. If other pages and a forum with the same V-bulletin software show these weaknesses, I would assume the problem is my browser or computer settings, but such is not the case. Obviously this is of no concern to ownership, so it's a case of just 40-ing the matter for me.

Are the w's disconnected on your monitor? It reminds me of an old typewriter with a worn out ink ribbon.

S

sooo

I read, reading the roman numerals font is not good for us, not sure why but......

I could understand Times New Roman font being hard on the eyes, but that isn't what this is. It appears to be Trebuchet.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
W's look fine to me. That is so strange, what is happening to you. I remember Trojina had weird display problems once upon a time, but I think that's been straightened out, and I think it had something to do with Internet Explorer and was kind of a known problem with IE (I don't really remember the details).

Do you think it might have something to do with your forum settings (Membership > Settings > General Settings)?

For instance, there's a setting in there for the forum skin. I just looked at mine - for some odd reason it was set to "Default Mobile Style" - maybe I changed it to that once just to play with it? The forum has looked perfectly normal with that setting, though; it didn't make any difference that I can tell.

But since I don't have a mobile device, I just now changed it back to "Use Forum Default," and after I saved that, the website automatically changed it to "VbSkins2013," apparently the current default. The forum looks exactly the same to me.

I've never tried the various skins. (Well, apparently I once changed it to the mobile skin, which I do not remember doing. I do remember once looking at the mobile version of the entire website, which, at least at that time, was wildly different - that isn't the problem you're having, though.)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You could message Hilary to ask her about the font as she may not see this thread.

S

sooo

But since I don't have a mobile device, I just now changed it back to "Use Forum Default," and after I saved that, the website automatically changed it to "VbSkins2013," apparently the current default. The forum looks exactly the same to me.
I just tried the same thing, and also noticed the change it's made. It placed my text in italics, so I'll switch back

I also checked it in IE and it looks fine, so it's a compatibility issue with Firefox. I'm using a fairly high resolution but using my 32" TV screen as a monitor. That may have something to do with it.

'Jina, if it works fine for others there's no reasonable reason to expect Hilary to change anything. If all my problems would remain this small, I'll live an easy life. :)

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Zooming to 110% seems to fix the issue, o's also look open at the top and bottom. Still open at 110%, though they are easily readable for me.

S

sooo

By golly, it does! Just went to another forum, which reads fine, then back here, where it's still zoomed. Wonder if I sign out and back in again..

Thanks, Rinda! Btw, my "o's" look fine. Maybe you need an extra zoom? Mine doesn't give a %, just in or out. I zoomed text only so the entire page doesn't get too big.

S

sooo

Still good, even when logged out.

edit: oops, back to small and broken fonts, but easy enough to adjust each time.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).