...life can be translucent

Menu

19.1 > 7

W

watergoddess1

I asked the i ching 9 months ago "Will he truly love me?" This was at the very beginning of my relationship with someone. I know it's a bit of a naff / needy thing to ask the Yi haha.

Back then I was feeling a bit knocked from a previous experience. I didn't know about this forum so I couldn't ask for any interpretations.

Yi answered 19.1 > 7

My relationship is still going... but honestly, I would love to hear what other people think about this interpretation. It's one I've thought about for most of the year and interests me. :)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
19.1 Joint approach. It's not just he loving you - like someone gazing at a painting - it's the two of you creating something together.

7. The superior man increases his masses by his generosity towards the people. You need to nurture and participate.

So, it seems to me the I Ching is not saying anything negative about the potential, looks like the guy could indeed care for you, but there aren't any magic promises here.

I think 7.The Army particularly underscores the importance of making the relationship central to all one's choices. It follows 6. Conflict which is the first hexagram that really brings in anything negative. I mean hexes 1 through 5 describe someone going along following their bliss and pretty much the only problems are because they aren't paying attention but with 6.Conflict you actually come up against some one who doesn't go along with your vision and you have to stop and consider your agreements and intentions. Then with 7.The Army it's a feeling of Now we have to get organized. In a romantic context it could mean that first you float through life, meet somebody pleasant and then find yourself wondering, "Hey, I really really like this person. Our original "agreement" was we are friends but I wonder does he see the love potential as I do or is he just drifting?" So then 7. The Army is saying strengthen your ties with all that supports your goals - don't just wonder if this could be love while at the same time you put your energy into other interests. No, you gotta make time for the relationship, do things together, don't be dating others, focus! Then 17.1 doesn't promise commitment but it does suggest that you then have a shot at it.

Since it's been 9 months already I wonder how you see the hexagrams playing out?

W

watergoddess1

Thanks Rosada for your detailed interpretation. It's helped me understand what this means a little more.

I was haunted by hex 19 for a while - wondering if this meant that it would only last for 8 months.

I'll share how it played out - because I'd love to help others with the same reading.

Beginning of Feb - I was offered a job in L.A. I met someone briefly whilst I was there for a week. He hit so many of my "ideals" that I thought it was too good to be true. Gorgeous, talented, my age, funny and really really warm hearted.

When I returned to London, we began communicating on Skype / emails for a month assuming I was coming back. My work fell through. When I told him the bad news - he got on a plane and came to Europe for a month to be with me!!

That's when I drew a reading from I Ching... I couldn't resist.

When I saw the 19.1 > 7 - at the time I was so infatuated I couldn't imagine not feeling crazy about him. It didn't seem possible. I presumed it meant he'd somehow get bored with me after a period of time. Then I asked tarot "can this develop to a long term thing?" I got 3 of swords.

A combination of those readings made me very nervous indeed. I thought I was heading the wrong way.

Despite that, we've been flying back and forth to each other for the past 9 months. We've ironically spent more time together than a normal couple. His love has been consistent. However mine had not. When certain realities hit me and honeymoon period was over, I started to question many things about the relationship and whether we are truly compatible. We started to fight a lot to a point where we almost split up.

But we managed to work things out - in fact when I look back on everything... we've worked so bloody hard to keep the relationship going we couldn't throw it away.

That's my experience of 19.1 > 7 so far!! Starting off really well and hitting real obstacles down the line, but our commitment and love keeping everything going.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).