...life can be translucent

Menu

16.4 Love Life

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
So much confusion in my love life right now. A current prospect I like who has seemingly fallen off the map and a couple of fellows showing interest but no follow through. I asked the iching "Tell me about my love life in the near future?" This sounds like a nice reading, but is it referring to actually getting together with someone romantically or is it more about fantasy and friendship? I have plenty of that in my life right now! I swear so many awesome eligible guys who are flirty but just friends... What gives!? I feel like I am screaming to the universe about exactly what I want. But it's water, water everywhere, not a drop to drink! :confused:

What do you guys think?

G

goddessliss

Hi ariel13, that lines speaks of lack of insincerity to me. If it's online dating then my experience tells me you're gonna get a lot of that. If you ever watched He's Just Not that into You - you know about the line' it's very rare to find the exception to the rule'. - Liss

S

sooo

Once upon a time when I was young and eligible, the more I tried to find a perfectly compatible woman, or even when younger, a nice and pretty girlfriend, the more difficult it seemed. When I gave up looking and was very content, a friend said he had made two dates for one evening, and asked if I'd take one off his hands. I did and she became my wife.

There's a certain hungry vibe we put out when we're too eager, desperate, that acts as a repelling force. When we become the source of our own enthusiasm, then people feel attracted to us.

In any case, we should be careful what we wish for.

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Well thanks for your replies. I think I was being a little dramatic last night. Will meet up with the guy Ive been seeing tomorrow. As for the online dating- I did meet him online, but the lack of follow through was actually referring to someone I met in person who decided to do this whole middle school I like you do you like me through friends and then Never followed through in actually contacting me. Dont know what became of him- weird. Also Ive had the weird experience recently of people I know contacting me online then not followung through haha. Also weird if you ask me. Im mean why bother in letting me know you like me if you dont want to meet up? I think its just big city blues- everyone is so busy and ADD about dating. As for appearing desparate cant inagine thats the case as I am always just friendly and responsive leaving them to make the first move. I think theyre chicken! haha Anyway, I like the guy Im seeing tomorrow and will be our 4th date so will let you know how it goes! :)

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Well, update: the guy I was seeing very unexpectedly broke it off with me after another really epically long and fun date. I still don't fully get it. Things were going really well. I think I got on better with him than anyone I can remember in a while. I am really disappointed, but I guess it's true that he was not that into me. The connection seemed so spot on though– we had a great intellectual rapport, basically made each other laugh constantly, had great physical chemistry. I am really perplexed as to why he was not feeling it. :confused: And just to really clarify, I really wasn't that into him at first. He is much shorter than me and a little on the heavy side, and it was really his personality and our chemistry that endeared him to me. This was not a typical one-sided "I have a big crush on you, but we're not that compatible situation." It's kind of sad really...seemed like a really special connection :weep:

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Well, update: the guy I was seeing very unexpectedly broke it off with me after another really epically long and fun date (date number 4). I still don't fully get it. Things were going really well. I think I got on better with him than anyone I can remember in a while. I am really disappointed, but I guess it's true that he was not that into me. The connection seemed so spot on though– we had a great intellectual rapport, basically made each other laugh constantly, had great physical chemistry. I am really perplexed as to why he was not feeling it. :confused: And just to really clarify, I really wasn't that into him at first. He is much shorter than me and a little on the heavy side, and it was really his personality and our chemistry that endeared him to me. This was not a typical one-sided "I have a big crush on you, but we're not that compatible situation." It's kind of sad really...seemed like a really special connection :weep:

Last edited:

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Aw sorry to hear, It's hard out there! :hugs:

All I can say is maybe, just maybe underneath it all, you weren't that mad about him?
Sometimes ...we're lucky in the long run when people leave us..!

'It will all work out in the end, and if it hasn't worked out yet, it's not the end yet..'
My favourite line ever..

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Oh thank you Lodestar. It's sweet of you to try to help me find the silver lining. Sometimes I feel really silly for bothering the iching so much about this stuff, but sometimes it's the only way I know to comfort my own anxiety or sadness when things don't work out. I'm kind of tired of blaming myself though, so I really appreciate the kind words. Sometimes people just offer judgments or advise, which always makes you feel like you are doing something wrong. I like the attitude that sometimes it's just for the best. I think it's true and better to try to love and care for yourself instead of always finding fault. I woke up to this message, and you did cheer me up a bit! :hug:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).