...life can be translucent

Menu

Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings-Hexagram 59

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I can find no occasion where I cast this in my journal....However I know I have cast it before I ever started using a software journal a few years ago.

It probably didn't stick in my head much because I didn't know how to take it in relation to the question I asked. If I cast it now I'd likely be wondering what is dispersing. I know I've had that question with 59uc many times. It can mean the very subject of the question itself evaporates, disappears as if it never were. Or it can be that boundaries dissolve within the area of concern. It's a foggy one. For example regarding one's relationship with another or one's relationship with an organisation it might mean that whatever the issue is it can be dissolved OR the relationship itself might dissolve.

More often than not I see 59 as a gentle ending or dissolving of something. It can be so subtle you cannot tell if it's happening at all. The whole thing, whatever the question is about, is in process of changing form completely as boundaries dissolve. Trigrams are wind over water. My favourite mental image for 59 is water evaporating from the defined place it was, like a puddle or stream, rising as mist to reform as water drops in clouds then later falling back as rain to be contained within the limits of the shape of some other puddle or stream somewhere else, some other time.

In terms of our human concerns then I think 59uc can be experienced as terribly vague and vaporous.

Lise

You are just a tiny part of universe

59 - Nothing is fixed, panta rhei *
60 - Everything is an expression of the universal gauge

*Hold to universal values , the worldly ones are perishable

Hilary says of the pair in her book

'Dispersing means spreading out: Measuring means stopping'

Dispersing has no limits that would stop it's flow - yet eventually this liberated energy will flow on into new, more organic forms.

So my sense is this can be quite a 'big' answer to get to relationship queries and so on because it's not likely you will have a clear idea of what this thing is you have. It's not a time for defining things it's a time for observing things become undefined, scattered, nebulous, unclear. I say 'big' because it can encompass a process one cannot know in it's entirety from the current vantage point. Who knows where the mist goes....or who knows where time goes as the song said.

Wing on 59 uc as answer

The lower trigram of human affairs is held by K'AN, the mysterious. It is penetrated by SUN, gentle efforts, in the upper trigram of cosmic ideals. REUNITING without changing lines symbolises a consistent isolation from one's real origins. Because of this, the true nature of the object of your inquiry is not understood. You will be at odds until you penetrate this mystery. Look within for an answer; transcend your egotistical involvement, try to see the whole picture, look for the place where all things originate.

Wing gives 59 the title of 'REUNITING' which I find somewhat misleading. At least it does not tally with my sense of 59. There is only reuniting in terms of dispersing, but first comes the dispersion. When the mist rises is it dispersing from the puddle or reuniting with a cloud ? It all depends on where you are with your question.

I think it was Karcher who gave us the idea of the 'shadow' hexagram. Apparently the shadow hexagram is what we might feel drawn to do but what is actually exactly what not to do. The shadow hexagram is found by counting in from each end like this

64 1
63 2
62 3

and so on. Interestingly the shadow hexagram for 59 is hexagram 6. So the idea is one might be tempted to perhaps come to agreements and so on in order to perpetuate situations, to stop them floating away and dissolving ? However whilst this might be tempting it is not the thing to do.

So what is the thing to 'do' if one is looking for guidance. The Image from Hilary's book says

'Wind moves above the stream: Dispersing.
The ancient kings made offerings to the Highest to establish the temples.'

Perhaps this means one recognises the ungraspable nature of things. One cannot hold on to solid things now. One must place trust in the flow of things, in how things shape shift constantly. Easier said than done at times no doubt.

How have you found your own experiences of 59 uc ?

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I got 59 uc when I felt dissatisfied with a certain group of people. I wanted out. The thing which really told me what to do, was "establishing a temple, bring offerings". Stay where things feel good, rich, honest, clean. This group was not bad at all, but they were kind of messy, too easy with everything, like their conscience or promises, things like that.

Another 59 uc about cooperation with a man, who was interested in what I did. He was full of enthusiasm, had lots of plans, and he was nice. But it was as if there was nothing solid inside him. He didn't really "DO" anything. Nothing much came out of it. We are still friends, but speak each other very seldom.

Third 59 uc: I had been talking too openly about personal matters. No harm done - I think. But I did feel awkward afterwards. I had forgotten boundaries.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Where do I stand with my housemate? 59

Since I think she crosses the boundary (my boundary) too often, I interpreted this as: you are having no boundaries with her at the moment, you let her decide whether and how she can get in or go out of your place.

Which I think it applies as when I asked How best to approach her? got 60.2>3
set boundaries up

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
[video]http://www.bing.com/search?q=Peter%20Gabriel's%20here%20comes%20the%20 flood&pc=cosp&ptag=G1424A698EE12FB4&form=CONMHP&conlogo=CT3210127[/video]

D

diamanda

Will I be invited to any job interview(s) this month? 59 un

It was a month when I had recently sent out quite a few job applications. I wasn't invited to any. Seems like my great efforts were "dissolved", had no tangible result.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Like your applications were literally dispersed and evaporated. Maybe it was time for you to let go of your engagement with that particular kind of work...or something

One thing though if 59 is like this...quoting self

My favourite mental image for 59 is water evaporating from the defined place it was, like a puddle or stream, rising as mist to reform as water drops in clouds then later falling back as rain to be contained within the limits of the shape of some other puddle or stream somewhere else, some other time.

....then your pile of applications metaphorically dispersed like the water in the puddle to fall as rain elsewhere....well who knows maybe that energy you put into those applications hasn't totally vanished it's just transmogrifying. Is that a word ? That is you put out the wish for the jobs and the wish and action of applying was energy and that energy will return to you but in another form than the one you sent out.

All very metaphysical but 59 works in mysterious ways that are often at first experienced as loss.

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I came across this 5' video about young Saudi artists touring the US Bible Belt. Their goal was to try to connect through Art, in order to challenge stereotypes about Muslims. And the sheer good will they generated made me feel rather emotional :)

Hex 59UC popped up in my mind- that is how I see the process. A graceful dissolution of barriers, gently reconfiguring outdated beliefs, or situations into something more viable.

I hope you enjoy the video :)
https://www.theguardian.com/culture...s-confront-islamophobia-on-us-road-trip-video

Last edited:
V

veavea

I asked: why does love feel so much like longing? 59uc...

The shadow hex (6) seems relevant here... but in relation to my specific query the feeling I had was of amorphous love pouring out of my chest and not knowing what to do with it... love in many directions, and even for things in nature, not necessarily traditional love-objects... but it does always feel like longing, for something that's fleeting, passing, even for a bird that I might see at a distance - or for a person at closer quarters.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Poignant and beautiful :bows:

beatpoet

visitor
Reaction score
Why can't I stop thinking about this person?

59uc

I recently got this reply from yi when I found myself constantly thinking about a person who I was close to at one time, but due to limitations imposed by circumstances, we had become isolated over the last year. I went through an intense period of several days unable to stop a consistent flow of thoughts. The strange thing I also kept feeling that we were both somehow "closer" -- as if some barrier had cleared in the ethers. In fact, I also am accompanying feeling that I may actually bump into them! I finally gave up trying to limit the thoughts and allow the thoughts to come unimpeded, but at a certain point I turned to the yi for some insight with the subtext being what the hell is this about?! I was finding it exhausting.

I wasn't fully sure how to take it. Did it mean that it was a gentle ending to the situation? It was curious that it reflected my sense that some barrier to resolution or to reunification had been dissolved.

I also found that my thoughts were mostly around "solving or fixing it." Usually when I get inundated like this, it does actually come about that there is something happening with the other person that I seem unwittingly to be tapping into. I haven't seen or heard from my friend, but who knows what's around the corner!

beatpoet.

beatpoet

visitor
Reaction score
59 uc

As an afterthought, I thought to ask if this person was actually thinking of me:

20uc

Go figure!
:blush:
:deadhorse:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
How have you found your own experiences of 59 uc ?

My husband and I have both retired and we often feel at loose ends. I asked the I Ching, "Perhaps I have finished all my important work here on earth?" Yi answered 59uc, which seemed to me a vague answer. But then, the question was vague, wasn't it? To me 59uc conveys something rigid, like blocks of ice on a river, dissolving in the spring thaw. So I took it to mean resentments and other 'hard' feelings evaporating. That's a kind of work that never ends, it seems to me.

V

veavea

I went to a conference yesterday and met someone I felt quite drawn to, I was inspired by her example and thought maybe we might become friends - although she’s way up in her career and right now I’m nobody significant so it was a bit of a fan-girl moment and I very rarely meet people and have a strong sense of wanting to be their friend or associate. I’m more often a bit indifferent. Anyway I asked yi if we might become friends. 59uc. I didn’t know what to make of that, so then I asked what kind of relationship we might have. 37uc.

To be continued!! :rofl:

Maybe we’re related?!

marciella

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 59 keeps popping up very often recently in my readings. For the last couple of months I was having difficulty getting closure with my ex. Because after I wanted to break up, he just said okay and immediately deleted me from all social media accounts. So I had no idea about how he felt about our break up: sad, angry, relieved?. Our common friends also never talked about how he feels or what he told them about us. So I asked I ching "what can I do to make him care more or be sad about our break up?" Yi's answer was so on point: 59 unchanging. My question was somehow neurotic and Yi answered with perfect common sense.
I took this answer as the only way he would respect me and care more is if forget all about him. Yi suggests me to be stronger, more independent and self loving by letting go. And I took the first line quite literally : "Bringing help with the strength of a horse". I am an equestrian and I never went horseback riding when I was with my ex because we were spending too much time together (unhealthy, I know!). Getting help from the strength of a horse-- something i love and makes me feel strong, confident and happy-- must be the answer to my question.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
. So I asked I ching "what can I do to make him care more or be sad about our break up?" Yi's answer was so on point: 59 unchanging. My question was somehow neurotic and Yi answered with perfect common sense.
I took this answer as the only way he would respect me and care more is if forget all about him.

59 dispersion can look exactly like loss but often isn't exactly loss because what is dispersed does/can regather in a somewhat different shape. 59 is a bit of a shape shifter, the puddle evaporates, it's gone but the droplets changed to vapour can reform another puddle elsewhere. It may be worth thinking of this less in terms of loss and more in terms of redistribution. The form of the relationship has evaporated, the skin that held it has dissolved which isn't quite the same thing as the relationship vanishing. Also don't you think that him deleting you immediately from all his social media tells you how much he cared ? You broke up with him but you also want him to be sad about it ? :???: This suggests you didn't want to break up at all you wanted for him to pursue the relationship so it doesn't seem as if you are being entirely honest with yourself about what you wanted ? Anyway, yes let it go and then if it reappears it will look like a different thing perhaps.

marciella

visitor
Reaction score
59 dispersion can look exactly like loss but often isn't exactly loss because what is dispersed does/can regather in a somewhat different shape. You broke up with him but you also want him to be sad about it ? :???: This suggests you didn't want to break up at all you wanted for him to pursue the relationship so it doesn't seem as if you are being entirely honest with yourself about what you wanted ? Anyway, yes let it go and then if it reappears it will look like a different thing perhaps.

Well, this is a great perspective Trojina, thank you very much. Yes, my breaking up with him was more like giving up waiting for him to love me the way I wanted. He never took our relationship seriously. No matter how desperately I tried to move things around, it was in vain. I want him to pursue our relationship and come forward with solid plans, because I loved him and thought he could be the one. But it hurts more to see him innocently (!) flirting with others or "forgetting" to invite me to important events.

So, yes, our previous relationship has dissolved - my feelings hasn't vanished but I can only accept this relationship again if it reappears as something else. That is if he decides to commit. I never thought deleting me immediately from social media as a hint that he cared Nontheless looks like all I can do at this point is to let go and wait.

Last edited:

whitepolaroid

visitor
Reaction score
Well, this is a great perspective Trojina, thank you very much. Yes, my breaking up with him was more like giving up waiting for him to love me the way I wanted. He never took our relationship seriously. No matter how desperately I tried to move things around, it was in vain. I want him to pursue our relationship and come forward with solid plans, because I loved him and thought he could be the one. But it hurts more to see him innocently (!) flirting with others or "forgetting" to invite me to important events.

So, yes, our previous relationship has dissolved - my feelings hasn't vanished but I can only accept this relationship again if it reappears as something else. That is if he decides to commit. I never thought deleting me immediately from social media as a hint that he cared Nontheless looks like all I can do at this point is to let go and wait.

As I've been recently on a similar sitiuation of the man you broke up with, I decided to reply because, maybe, I can offer you some insight about the situation (even if your reply dates back for more than half an year). You cannot expect anyone to love you the way you want. people are different, each one has its way of loving/showing love. Love is not something conditional, the way we want. Neither the reactions of others are as we would like them to be. Everyone has its own way of reacting. After the breakup it's normal that he seemed to be flirting with others. If he deleted you from social media it's because the breakup was hard for him. If he didn't care, he wouldn't bother himself to delete you from social media. If it didn't hurt him, he wouldn't chase anyone else. If he did so, it's because he felt a gap inside him.
Some time after a woman broke up with me I remove friendship with her on social media. Didn't block her. After, she sent me a friend request just for me to find out that the blocked me. I tried to get on with my life. Maybe she thought that everything was fine with me, because I was posting about my MTB activities and my involvement in music. But I was feeling such sadness inside me that I wanted to show that everything was alright with me. Looking back at all this, these kind of ego fights are something that should be dissolved.
You asked "what can I do to make him care more or be sad about our break up?". The Yi answer is clear: dissolve that kind of questioning. Is it right to wish for someone to be sad about a breakup? Did he really not care? Hexagram 59 is about dissolving egotism...

mandarin_23

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
An announce in facebook: a book presentation. The author is former colleague, a nice and friendly person I got on well with, I'd be pleased to meet him again. A friend was posting it, she was interested. So shouldn't I go there? With 59 unchanged, I thought it might be better not to cling ... However, I looked for the announce again and found out - that this book came out in 2018, and the presentation had already taken place, in the beginning of 2019, and that I'd missed it then. It was an error!

Also, I had it as an open weekly reading last year when I visited my family in another city - stayed at my father's house for a couple of days, as I used to do. It was for the last time, which I didn't know. My familiar situation changed in the mean time, it won't be like this any more.

musico

visitor
Reaction score
A very apposite hexagram 59 this evening. I’ve spent the week looking after my daughter-in-law, son and very confused toddler grandson after the birth of new grandson (yay!) last weekend. They’re all feeling rather shell-shocked and overwhelmed + dil has the usual post-birth physical fragility.

I’ve tried to hold the ship a bit steady, provide meals, do the washing etc, and also give lots of reassurance and cuddles to all of them - and when I finally left today, they seemed to be a lot better. OTOH I got home and cried my eyes out!

When I asked ‘why am I feeling so shattered?’ I got 59. Of course - I’ve been caught up in their process of dispersing and reforming into a new family, and the role of containing all that emotion has been quite difficult.

The iching has restored my smile - it’s great to feel understood!

Dotsbox

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
After being retired for over 10 years and getting my life on a reasonably solid footing last year, I got 59u after asking 'How can I deepen my spirituality now?'
I don't know what I expected, but I found this answer quite a challenge to get to grips with. It seems to be saying that the externalities of life are an illusion, to just stay true to my inner connection and trust. Perhaps Hex 25 finds a secure footing in 59 and is no longer tossed around by emotional issues? I liked ginnie's idea of the negative emotions gradually evaporating.
My husband and I have both retired and we often feel at loose ends. I asked the I Ching, "Perhaps I have finished all my important work here on earth?" Yi answered 59uc, which seemed to me a vague answer. But then, the question was vague, wasn't it? To me 59uc conveys something rigid, like blocks of ice on a river, dissolving in the spring thaw. So I took it to mean resentments and other 'hard' feelings evaporating. That's a kind of work that never ends, it seems to me.
For me though, I seldom seem to be at a loose end. In the past, my guidance has exhorted me not to get involved in too many things (which I tend to do). On the other hand I find I have to have silence when I am alone and I once asked, 'why don't I listen to music when I am at home?' I got the answer 48 line 5: 'clear cold spring water to drink' which really reinforced the message of inner listening.
I think that Hex 59 might also be saying I need dissolve away things that seem to be important but are not, to let go of them. Even getting too annoyed by things in the news such as idiotic political decisions that bug me.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Since I started this thread I've found 59uc can feel as much about the pain of loss as 23 in my own experience. It depends on the question of course but there are times 59uc has not been a welcome answer to me as well as times it has. It feels painful when actually one doesn't want all one's usual landmarks and points of certainty drifting away into the stratosphere, where one would like things to remain as predictable and dependable as they used to be. If you're cry is 'where am I' when you're in need of steadying 59 does not always feel a great comfort. The only comfort is that energy is redistributed not lost, but the change of form can hurt quite a lot as the death of people or situations can.

Going back to the Image

'Wind moves above the stream. Dispersing.
The ancient kings made offerings to the Highest to establish the temples.'

It does look like the way through is to give it up to God, to 'the Highest' to one's spiritual home point whatever that may be.

Perhaps Hex 25 finds a secure footing in 59 and is no longer tossed around by emotional issues?
Why 25? The thing you don't have in 59 is a secure footing other than your faith. I see one can be tossed around a great deal, it can be like looking for a raft to cling to at times. Other times it feels far more gentle and welcome, it does depend on the question and the situation of course.

Dotsbox

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The thing for me is that I got this reading in a situation where I do feel more settled and at ease than I have done for quite a few years. Maybe 59uc also means being at peace with the idea getting older, and so learning to let go of people, attachments and posessions and eventually of life itself.

Aquamarine

visitor
Reaction score
My cat disappeared and I asked how he is doing if he’s even alive I got 59 dispersing no changing lines. My heart sank for I remembered and ex boyfriend that said he had a terrible experience after getting that hexagram when going to a meeting. I imagined the cat dispersed on the road somewhere or in a coyotes belly. There’s a saying in the desert that cats that go outdoors have a short lifespan because of predators. This cat was extremely curious and unafraid unlike his brother who cautiously stayed close to home. Miraculously after 6 days the cat came back and he’s still kind of a young adult at 8 months old. I was so relieved to see him and realized this hexagram spoke of not having boundaries and going out into the wide landscape which is what this cat did! In this instance the hexagram wasn’t too bad (since he returned). It is also fitting for some interpretations that call this hexagram reuniting.

surnevs

visitor
Reaction score
- and Ice melting...

ah.jpg

"The ideograph of Huan expresses its original meaning. The image on
the left represents water. It resembles the primary gua for Water =, turned
vertically. On the top right is a knife, and on the bottom are two hands
with fingers and arms. In the middle are two pieces of ice. Taken as a
whole, this ideograph pictures a knife used to break up the ice, with two
hands separating the pieces of ice. The ice melts and becomes water, at
last dispersing and vanishing. The structure of the gua is Wind -- above,
Water = below. The wind blows over the water and disperses the waves.
The inner gua is Water; its attribute is danger. It symbolizes one's vital
energy blocked within. The outer gua is Wind; its attribute is penetration.
Penetrating and breaking the blockage leads to dispersion.
......"
Alfred Huang, The Complete I Ching

V

veavea

My cat disappeared and I asked how he is doing if he’s even alive I got 59 dispersing no changing lines. My heart sank for I remembered and ex boyfriend that said he had a terrible experience after getting that hexagram when going to a meeting. I imagined the cat dispersed on the road somewhere or in a coyotes belly. There’s a saying in the desert that cats that go outdoors have a short lifespan because of predators. This cat was extremely curious and unafraid unlike his brother who cautiously stayed close to home. Miraculously after 6 days the cat came back and he’s still kind of a young adult at 8 months old. I was so relieved to see him and realized this hexagram spoke of not having boundaries and going out into the wide landscape which is what this cat did! In this instance the hexagram wasn’t too bad (since he returned). It is also fitting for some interpretations that call this hexagram reuniting.
I’m glad this had a happy resolution for you! When my cat disappeared (and was sadly killed) my hexagram was 2 unchanging. I did have closure with it at least. I still think cats are not really cats if they don’t have freedom to be wild… he lived with no fear. I still think about how he encouraged me to be more wild and fearless. However I’m very tame!

soshin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What would be the best approach regarding my injury at the rotator cuff?

Nasty little injury in the right shoulder after a fall on a trek in Nepal early October. Got better after getting helicoptered out, treatment, physiotherapy and electrotherapy, only to become acute again out of the blue and without any trauma today early morning while sleeping. Was waking up from strong pain. Still under discussion are a conservative approach like the one I had until now versus surgery.

Sounds very much to me like as if all method which soften the muscles, strengthen the blood flow, even the use of the flow of electric currents (TENS) may be the right approach. In short, the approach I had until yesterday, but I became lazy over the last two or three weeks with less and less physiotherapy and less and less electrotherapy. And I didn't follow an advice of my physiotherapist that it could be a good idea to go swimming(!). All because the pain with which I was left with was very easily bearable, even hard to notice at time.

The ability to move my arm freely (the injury in the rotator cuffs keeps me from moving the arm backwards more than 90° and upwards above 90°) is still lost though. But I simply avoided this movements. This looks like as if my mistake was probably that I mistook the (almost full) absence of pain for a kind of healing.

It seems to me as if the Yi wanted to remind me that the free and easy flow of movement still was lacking, and perhaps some rigidity in my shoulder was the trigger of the sudden onset of renewed pain.

It doesn't look anything like the Yi suggesting surgery. The Yi would have much more "cutting" advice if this were the case. :-D

Last edited:

VirgoPisces

visitor
Reaction score
I’m not sure we’re still adding to these but why not contribute when I can :) I have two 59uc castings, one of which I’m still kind of mulling over; it came as a response to a question where 59uc definitely sounds exactly right, but it’s also a very big answer. But I guess, so was the question… I’ll have to get back to you.

But the other one is a pretty great example of an instance where 59 uc clearly demonstrated that when things disperse, they don’t cease to exists - the energy just goes elsewhere, creates new things.

A few years ago I was working close to, and getting along great with, my boss at the time. One day she suddenly was missing around the office and we were just told that she had a family emergency so she had to leave for the day. It was strange and uncommon, but we didn’t ask any questions. A couple of days later we received a message from my boss’ manager, telling us she wanted to speak to us about our project and that we all would meet in a conference room later that afternoon to discuss. This was also very unusual so I asked Yi: “what is she going to tell us”, and I received 59 uc.

Turns out that my boss’ “family emergency” actually was her finding out that considering the size of the project we were working on, it was more cost effective at that point to let a colleague of hers fuse her project with his instead. She wasn’t fired, but effectively she was out of a job.

I immediately thought “ah!”, because yes the structure that I had been working under for 3 years at that point, were indeed knocked down, and the flood that came felt overwhelming for me and my colleagues since none of us saw this coming or were comfortable with the idea of fusing our group with another, not to mention switching managers. But it wasn’t really an ending for us or the project, it just had to take a slightly different shape and exist under a new premise. It wasn’t even really an ending for my boss either because it did look like she had to seek a new job elsewhere at first, but a month or so later they found her something else she was qualified for within the company and last I heard she’s still doing that.

So like Trojina says in her first post of the thread, the flood comes and knocks down all the pins, but then the water becomes rain, or snow, sometimes maybe even a cyclone.. but point is, it’s all still there. So 59uc, to me, is never final in the way that 23 can be because I’m always interested in finding out what is taking shape instead. Like Hilary says:

“As energy and vitality is liberated from old boundaries, where will it go?”

adamlll

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This is such an interesting one. I got 59uc as my new years reading this year: "What can I do to make this new year 2024 a happy one?" The various commentaries I've read throughout this site and in Hilary's book crystalize for me in the intention to "go with the flow."

I have felt over the past year or so that I am spiritually and developmentally stuck--stuck in my old patterns and reactions, seemingly unable to make much "progress" toward being a better father, partner, and being in the world. I am a dedicated meditator and student of both Buddhism and Yi, for many years now, and both practices have made me sensitive enough to my own sense of growth to know that there is a pane of glass that stands between me and real breakthrough, between me and a clearer, truer relationship to reality (in Buddhist terms: impermanence, no-self, emptiness, a heart-forward way of relating to my experience). Perhaps this reading is suggesting that to "go with the flow" is the means of breaking through this barrier between me and, well, what I'm not sure. If I knew what lies on the other side of that pane of glass, if I knew where the droplets that are dispersing into new forms were going to fall again, and what they were going to reform into, then I guess I'd already be there, right?

Thank you for all of your insights and shared experiences. I'd love to hear if anyone has any thoughts about mine. Deep bows!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi adamill,

All of these 'experiences with unchanging hexagrams' are for people just to report how they experienced their cast in hindsight, to share how it turned out for them. These aren't threads to ask for help when you need help with a cast, that is for the Shared Readings section so if you want input on what your cast might mean then it's better to post there

I am a dedicated meditator and student of both Buddhism and Yi, for many years now, and both practices have made me sensitive enough to my own sense of growth to know that there is a pane of glass that stands between me and real breakthrough
I'll just offer a quick observation that ambition to 'get better at' being anything is quite a defined thing, there's goals there. 59 isn't that, 59 let's go of structures, so maybe the 'pane of glass' you refer to is connected to a kind of ambition. You are speaking in the language of ambition here, to my ear anyway, when you speak of 'real breakthrough' it sounds like something to 'achieve'. A 59 time isn't a time to pinpoint goals but rather dissolve or allow them to be dissolved..

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).