...life can be translucent

Menu

Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings-Hexagram 62

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked through my journal at the times I have received 62uc as an answer. It's funny because if I hadn't gathered all previous entries for 62uc I wouldn't have felt so clearly with my senses how little, ineffectual and lost I felt against the backdrop of the question.

Examples.

1. I'd asked about the pull, the wish to go and live in a certain area ? 62uc.

well I haven't yet...I don't know anyone there :confused: didn't really have the resources for various reason to entirely relocate.

2. how to find a new place ? 62uc well I haven't yet and since resources are small specifics need thinking through

3. I simply spoke to Yi about needing a lot more money. Yes, silly I know but... 62uc

4. Feeling lost ? (at a time I felt lost) 62uc

5. About asking someone for a reference who I did not much want to ask. 62uc. I didn't ask and I haven't needed her reference. I'm not sure how I came to it but at the time 62uc made me feel it was better to keep to myself.

6. I don't recall the occasion clearly but there must have been something on I wasn't keen to do and felt some unease about so I asked 'if I stay in what am I doing ?' 62uc. I do recall it was quite clear I was conserving energies.

None of these were very clear questions but what they did have in common was that feeling of being a small bird against a big sky. They weren't clear questions because I hadn't thought out specifics, and 62 was calling me back to the ground to pay attention to specifics. In example one I had the idea of living in an area yet I had not thought through in detail all the requirements for doing that. Same with example 2 and example 3 come to think of it. Example 3 is quite funny with hindsight. I was just telling Yi I needed a lot more money and seeing what answer would come back. 62uc I think was pointing me to the specifics of getting money. I'd been thinking of money in a fairly ungrounded way as if it were not something you would take actual practical steps to get. Example 4 surely was also a call to get to the ground to feel less lost.

Quoting Wilhelm because his words always stick in my mind for 62

THE IMAGE

Thunder on the mountain :
The image of PREPONDERANCE OF THE SMALL
This in his conduct the superior man gives preponderance to reverence.
In bereavement he give preponderance to grief.
In his expenditures he gives preponderance to thrift.

In other words he is very careful to pay attention to conditions as they are and observes all the requirements of the time with great care.

Perhaps 62 unchanging is a pretty straight message to take care of requirements by paying attention to what is happening to you at ground level ?

Wing writes of 62 uc

In it's static form the hexagram CONSCIENTIOUSNESS reflects a constant mood of duty and simplicity in regard to the object of your inquiry. The arousing power of CHEN in the upper trigram of cosmic ideals is focused upon the meditative stillness of KEN in the lower trigram of human affairs. Your relationship with the situation is inexorably bound with the demands of maintenance and restraint.

Quite.

How have your experiences with 62uc felt to you personally ?

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
Try to see it as a reminder to keep within your own path. We live in an age where almost anything is excusable in the name of ambition but ambition (the blind need for self-verification) can often lead instead to a direct loss of self-verification. If we routinely break-down the guiding barriers on our path we will, eventually, lose our path and our core sense of self.
Your observations in your Note (5) above capture the essence of 62 very well indeed. If a proposed action carries a sense of being invalid it is not a matter of it possibly being illegal, it is a matter of it not being true to your value-system but your value-system should include the genuine needs of others. Think of 62 as warning us that if we keep allowing ourselves to fall into incorrect actions we will erode our true path and direction.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I got 62 when asked about the attitude of some people while I was in a beverement period and felt they just could offer any support not because they didn't want but the very subject of death was hard to deal it so in one way or another try to surpass it.

I also got when I couldn't do that during a quite difficult period that I so much avoided the grief and saddens that when people told me it's a tough situation, couldn't understand them while , at the same time was feeling awful yet still couldn't recognize why.

I think this hex is about facing reality as it is not as you wish it were, be present fully, and adapt to the not that joyful circumstances. Without saying that it's the only way to see it, in many readings of mine, I have seen it as an allowance to experience your smallness when other parts of self try to control things or situation that are bigger than we are. Sometimes it backfires, like the lines say.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 62

3c47979d-e90c-4599-871f-23e5e4033c39_zpsb84b7376.jpg
3c47979d-e90c-4599-871f-23e5e4033c39_zpsb84b7376.jpg.html

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Peter I think those particular experiences I shared were more to do with expediency than morality, but I agree it is good to remember that answers, however mundane, take place against the larger backdrop of our overall direction. The little bird carries the message of our Inner Truth in 61 against the big sky and so must be exceedingly careful. Do you have any recollections of your own personal experiences with 62uc BTW ? I'd love to hear them.

Anemos, interesting that you mention death. Someone I had just met, a man in his 40s, died the day after I met him at a gathering. He was fit and well and full of life....very full of life. There was no accident, nothing like that, he just died at home of something unexpected happening in his body I guess. I had only met him once so didn't know him well but I was shocked that someone so full of vigour had vanished, gone, just like that. I asked Yi about it and got 62 with changing lines. I can't recall but it's not the first time that that small bird in 62 has struck me as the soul in transition. Linking it with it's pair, 61, I imagine one carrying one's inner truth from the life left off into the big yonder.

Generally 62uc has a sobering effect on me, unless I'm asking about something little ....but even the little is not little in 62.

Having said that I just remembered I did once take 62uc as to reduce something that concerned me to it's proportion. That was a one off. I think sometimes intuition jumps in between ourselves and the answer and shows the answer another way.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, can relate to the sobering feeling, yet in many occasions there is something soothing too.

There is a "slow down" in both 61 and 62 , both very instinctual and both about the small things the ones we overestimate or underestimate.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
I got 62 in the very end of 2014 when everything seemed in an off hand way. I had problems at a job and felt very uncomforted (not only because of my job problems). I asked about the course the things would take within first three weeks of 2015 and got 62. After that I summoned up and got prepared for unpleasant surprises and the course of things even worse than before. And it was very much so.

I had a very tense period at a job, my boss did not get off my back even for a minute. Every day I was invited to be blown up, especially for my inattention to detail (very 62-ish, I think). Meanwhile, I had not changed my attitude to my working duties, and my attention to details was as before. At the same time, I got a feeling that the more efforts I made, the more reprimands I got. I tried to be firm, consistent and well-founded, more than usual, and I saw that day by day the situation became more and more tense. I was not afraid of the explosion, I just waited for the end, felt totally stretched. That period seemed endless. Indeed, the three weeks I asked about turned into three months, and late in March I felt a certain relief.

Looking back to the recent events I understand that they were necessary to cut me loose from the person whom I had been very affected by. For me 62UC means a "barbed" period full of reprimands, misunderstanding and total inability to prove something. It turned out that I had not had even a need to prove anything. One glance at the situation would have told me that it could not have been cured by external remedies, but only from within.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever I am particular kind of low ebb I notice I need to keep still, or at least keeping quite still makes me feel better. Other times of course moving helps but there is a particular frame of mind for me where I notice I need to keep very still and it helps. I asked Yi why this was, why I needed to keep very still at times of particular upset or sudden low ebbs and I got 62uc. I took this literally, when you are a small bird stay low. We can be like small birds in the face of experiencing big emotions as well as when experiencing challenging outer circumstances that might need particular care. That resonated with me, I conserve energy to be carefully with over whelming feelings.

This was sent to me in email from William Bloom who is running a course on this in Glastonbury I think. He did once, many years ago write a book that was linked to Yi a little. I will see if I can find it...ah it's 'The Sacred Magician' by Georges Chevalier (pen name) I don't think he now is very proud of the book though. Anyway I am posting this as I thought his advice was very 62ish in parts. How to look after our 'inner creature' for that is what we are. We have minds but are also creatures we must treat kindly

[video=youtube;j8HxnRi6EpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j8HxnRi6EpU#t=0[/video]

Last edited:

withoutfault25

visitor
Reaction score
I asked about my weight loss journey. I got 62uc. I have lost 60lbs over five months. It is has been a slow process with a lot of ups and downs. I doubt I would have sticked with it had I expected too much to fast with regards to my diet, running and the changes my body is enduring. So, just be patient with yourself and focus on the day to day is also a good tip to take from this hex. I don't think it was doom and gloom, just more of, "be realistic and focus on what's in front of you and you will be successful."

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
Just got hexagram 62uc in after getting 62.3

I asked "I don't want to get struck from behind! How can I prepare, deal with or mitigate this 'danger' in line 3?"

Seems pretty obvious!

Pay attention to the details of your own situation.

As the old saying goeth: The Devil is in the details

D

diamanda

I just got a fresh 62 about a work situation (darn), so I had a close look at my old casts.
Voila:

LOVE

Will anything change for the better in the current situation between me and S? 62
The situation changed for the worse.

How will my relationship with S evolve after this shock? 62
Mourning. It was the very total end of it.

(two months after it ended with S) Is there any hope between us? 62
No.

Is there any hope to have a good relationship with A? (different person) 62
Guess what. No! It was simply impossible, no matter what.

GENERAL

Will I manage to go on holiday this year? 62
Have you guessed the answer yet? It was practically impossible to go on holiday that year.

WORK

What effect will it have on work (company A) that I spoke with the union? 62
It had no effect whatsoever.

Is there a chance that something will change and I'll continue working for company B? 62
Nope.

Will this private client pay me as he promised? 62
Nope...

HEALTH

Will the cysts need surgery? 62
No. (btw it wasn't me who said no, the doctors said it)

Do I have something very serious? (different year, different health issue) 62
This is the only 'yes', it was actually something very serious indeed. (*)

(*) with health questions, of course I always go to the docs as well, always. Please do that too.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you got more from these answers than just a 'yes' or a 'no'. If you had only wanted that you could have tossed a coin.

I've nothing against yes or no questions as often one can boil an answer down to yes or no but there's much more besides to take into account, such as you being a small bird in a large sky and all that 62 tells you.

D

diamanda

Yes of course I got more from the answers, perhaps you missed the comments I included in my post?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I can't see anything re 62 except for 'mourning' in the 2nd 'love' example but 62 isn't mourning it is only that it says in the Image 'In loss exceeds in mourning' as an example that in all that you do here you pay particular attention and care, you exceed in detail and reverence.

I don't understand because you have given a series of situations where you received 62uc but seem to have only taken from that a 'no' or a 'yes' but mainly 'no' as if you are saying 62uc just means 'no' whereas clearly there's more and it doesn't just mean 'no'. I can't see where or how you are applying the message of 62 to your situations.

Or maybe you are simply just reporting that 62uc in these various scenarios amounted to 'no' for you ?

D

diamanda

In my post I commented that "It was simply impossible, no matter what" and also "It was practically impossible". By that I meant that in some of the situations I described, I invested time and effort - but they proved futile. So the message I take is that in a 62 situation I shouldn't waste precious time and effort on something which is out of my hands. For me it's of utmost importance to know if I should invest time and effort in a situation or not. I hope this clarifies how I personally perceive the message of 62, based on my experiences on receiving 62 unchanging.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So the message I take is that in a 62 situation I shouldn't waste precious time and effort on something which is out of my hands.

I see, I think.

I think you are looking at it from the opposite end of the telescope to me which is why I found it hard to grasp your perspective.

62 doesn't actually say 'don't waste time and effort on this' but it does say extreme care and precision and conscientiousness are needed to carry this message outside of you. A massive transition for a little bird. I can see that at times this can manifest as a transition completely out of one's hands. For example I related further up the page of how I met a man one night at a party, how much energy and presence he had only hours before his death

Anemos, interesting that you mention death. Someone I had just met, a man in his 40s, died the day after I met him at a gathering. He was fit and well and full of life....very full of life. There was no accident, nothing like that, he just died at home of something unexpected happening in his body I guess. I had only met him once so didn't know him well but I was shocked that someone so full of vigour had vanished, gone, just like that. I asked Yi about it and got 62 with changing lines. I can't recall but it's not the first time that that small bird in 62 has struck me as the soul in transition. Linking it with it's pair, 61, I imagine one carrying one's inner truth from the life left off into the big yonder.

Thankyou for explaining your examples.

U

usilser

I am suprised. When I have hex 62 there is no action. I asked a couple of days ago if a person will contact me. I believed that she will not 'fly' she will stay low, she will not act at all. She contacted me and I didn't expect that.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This is a thread to post experiences, in hindsight, with 62uc. You have posted many questions and answers that have no connection to this thread and belong in Shared Readings so will see if I can get your post moved.

So if you want help with readings post in Shared Readings section

Vianne

visitor
Reaction score
A mundane example.

I'm emerging from a year-long period of fatigue and have been gradually increasing my exercise routine, swimming once a week and walking 4 miles three or four times a week. Small steps. I now want to take things up a notch without potentially burning out. I decided an aerobic step might be a good idea, especially as there are lots of my old favourite videos on YouTube. Money, however, is extremely tight so when I say a step would be a luxury right now, I mean it. I could buy a budget one, but the well-made one with great reviews is £40.

I asked: What if I buy the aerobic step? — 62UC

The following from Hilary's description of 62 caught my eye:

This is a creative way to engage with the world, no matter how small you feel. You're in no position to realise great things all at once, but it is worthwhile to do the smaller things that are within your capacity, taking small steps with consistent purpose.

The image of crossing back and forth over my step, staying close to the ground, paying close attention to the structure (of the step) all resonated. Small overstepping, creating success.

With that, I went ahead and bought it.

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Last night I received 62 uc asking if I could go out the next day, in other words, today.
I read it as yes, you can, but not far & long.

Today two of my students cancelled their classes, leaving me free in the afternoon. So I had lots of time to spend in outdoors.
Then what meant 62? Maybe the having less work to do? However I see it irrelevant: I asked if I could go out, not how much work I would do.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't understand your answer maybe post it in SR?

I see no reason to take it as 'less work to do', you just decided it was less work to do then decided that was irrelevant :???:

If a small bird is crossing a big sky which dwarfs it it needs to stay low in order to carry it's message. In some respect then you are the low flying bird, you don't have huge resources, you have to be careful of all expenditure, you have to conserve energy where you can including emotional energy. If you are ill then you treat yourself as an ill person, you don't make big demands on yourself, you keep well within limits, it's too easy to burn out at this time. One does well to pay especial attention to things, to how one feels, to how one's energy is

One has to consider what 'going out' is for you as I don't know. If in asking 'can I go out' you meant 'will there be time to go out?' and you got 62uc not sure how I'd take it it depends what the plans of going out were. Like if going out meant travelling miles to meet a friend for dinner it might be too much. If 'going out' meant going to the park then this could be very particular self care. I think of 62 as often very careful caring of whatever it is, perhaps here it was your own self.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked if cinema (but I probably meant Hollywood when I cast) is in my destiny.

In my experience 62 UNs pretty much turned out as not really going any far. Well, I like to think that's because I didn't pay enough attention to details.. :rolleyes2:

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with everyone who has experienced 62UC as a time of feeling a bit lost, small, insignificant in the big scheme of things. circumstances in which I felt a bit powerless, out of my depth.

But I wonder if anyone has ever experienced 62UC as deliberately flying under the radar, ie doing something discreetly, privately, without telling people who don’t need to know? It would be a way to protect the baby bird from external judgment or pressure…

breakmov

visitor
Reaction score
Today went to the dentist, but when I arrived, the receptionist was surprised because she wasn't expecting anyone else at that time. I explained that had booked everything online, had followed all the steps for booking and that had received confirmation via email.
The receptionist ended up finding me a space to fit in my appointment and was supposed to send her proof of my confirmation via email. At one point, when she wasn't at the reception, I decided to use my "Yi Dragon" ...result: 62UC

As agreed, when got home, I sent a confirmation......the problem, after all, was due to the fact that had not paid due attention to the details and had registered on the website of a nearby clinic.:oops:

breakmov

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).