Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings-Hexagram 63

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
For this pair Lise once wrote

Bird's- eye view

63 - Every cycle seeks perfection.

64 - Every cycle ends and begins in chaos.

I can see hexagram 1 and 2, 63 and 64 as like a pair of bookends containing all life's experience between them. Pure yang and pure yin 1 and 2...then yin and yang alternated in 63/64.

I'm sure there is some other reason/pattern why these 2 pairs kind of stand beyond the other hexagrams but I just can't remember what it is :confused:

Anyway I like that Lise called this pair 'Bird's eye view'. I think with this pair you know you are inexorably in the cycle and you can see it and it always seems to bring a slight shift in perspective, wider vision, when I get this pair unchanging because it makes me look for the bigger picture. I'm looking to see what's already ongoing...

My own experiences with 63uc.

1. I asked about my correct relationship with a relative. Discussing this via CC Hilary suggested that the relationship is already underway, already formed, there, the whole cycle of it underway. She said it's not like starting from scratch where I could envisage a whole new route or a new way and so on. So it isn't suggesting a whole new scenario, a whole new way of being together.. The cycle is cycling already. It was useful for me to understand that because of the perspective it offers. The shadow hexagram here, what one might feel is the best thing to do (but isn't) is hexagram 2. So I might have been tempted to think I had a 'blank canvas' so to speak, where I could paint anything...but that isn't the case. There is something already here to go on with.

2. I was concerned how a series of communications would develop ? 63uc. Well quite simply there were no more, it was already pretty much completed.

3. I've seen it many times show things that have already been decided...by others, by circumstances and sometimes by me.

4. I have seen it very simply as a 'yes' particularly re purchases/choices etc. I guess in 63uc everything is where it needs to be. It's correct and complete. Shall I buy this ? 63uc ...well really I already decided because it's right for me. Shall I continue with this medication ? 63uc Yes ! Looking back at my journal I can see 63uc was a kind of confirmation that things were in the right place.,

5. I reckon it's come up (similar to example 1) when I think I have a choice to start afresh and quit the current cycle of something. I've found with hindsight no of course I couldn't. It wasn't time. I had arrived in a situation for example where everything was in the right place and there was no need for major reshuffles at that time. It's that point in the cycle where things have found a working balance (for now..)

Wing says of 63uc
'The lower trigram, LI, clarity, is entering the realm of K'AN, the profound. You may very clearly realise what is happening AFTER THE END, yet without changing lines it is difficult to affect the situation. You are in the immediate center of what is forming and moving. It is much like being in the eye of a hurricane. It seems so calm, it's influence and force are out of your reach. Perhaps there is solace in the thought that the less you can affect this particular situation the less it will affect you.

Hmmm

Hilary writes of this pair in her book

'Already Across: calm and settled.'
'Not Yet Across: exhaustion of the male.'

All is decided and in place; everything is working. Yet this already implies that there is more work to be done. Feminine energy can be at home in such an open-ended uncertain state; masculine strength, that acts to achieve and complete things, will exhausted by it.

Any experiences of 63uc to share ?

B

butterfly spider

63 is for a situation to be in - where you are in it and you need to enjoy the sunshine within it. I see it as a hexagram of rest - of not trying too hard to get somewhere - of not using up too much energy. There is probably not much you can do to alter the course of events - except of course prepare.

I had this hexagram repeatedly for several months - and even got other hexagrams changing to 63
63.2 is a tricky one ...

I like the animal that is languishing in the water ... It sums up this hexagram perfectly (it is on Hilary's link to UC63.

I wish that I had listened and spent my time languishing instead of forcing or achieving
X

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I like the animal that is languishing in the water ... It sums up this hexagram perfectly (it is on Hilary's link to UC63.

Can you give us the link as I'm not sure what you refer to ? Which animal ? The fox ? I don't think the fox is languishing.. perhaps you mean something else ?

B

butterfly spider

It was a capybara I think two of them in the mud ...
It was in a new year posting of hex 63
X
I also think that hex 63 can be seen in terms of canoeing down a river. The river will flow downstream - you can't prevent it yourself - you have no control over the force of the river. The cycle of nature will flow regardless. You can take the challenge and enter the flow - you can battle your way - or you can relax a while in an eddy. You could even get out sunbathe sleep and watch the river flowing past. You could even try to see a better way downstream. There feels like a forward momentum to 63 - even if you decide to languish in the mud.

B

butterfly spider

Have not yet mastered getting the links pasted ... Small iPhone difficult sometimes
Pocossin has mentioned that hex 63 has links to all things watery...
I get a stong sense of flowing energy in this hexagram
X

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
4. I have seen it very simply as a 'yes' particularly re purchases/choices etc. I guess in 63uc everything is where it needs to be. It's correct and complete. Shall I buy this ? 63uc ...well really I already decided because it's right for me. Shall I continue with this medication ? 63uc Yes ! Looking back at my journal I can see 63uc was a kind of confirmation that things were in the right place.,

Another purchase example.

My computer died so I went and purchased another second hand laptop next day. Went to my usual computer shop and made a quick decision about which one to have. As someone recently said to me "the cat knows more about computers than you do" and it's true, so when I get a new model there is generally some back and forth between me and the shop as I try to fathom changes etc from my previous machine. Last time I got one a few years ago it turned out it wasn't my dimness there was an error with the computer and I had to swap it.

So this time on getting it home I noticed a few things that didn't seem to function. Some I did myself :claps: others I couldn't. Arranged to take it back in. While waiting I asked if this computer was 'the one' I'd keep ? 63uc

Yup. It is the one I'm keeping all 'issues' were easily resolved

W

weaver

63 uc feels like an automated response saying 'your request is in process'. I used to think it meant 'it's over' but I don't know now. Recently I asked about a friendship that I felt troubled about - where I felt my friend had suddenly and uncharacteristically disappeared at a time of need. My instinct in the situation was to do nothing - not have it out, not engage, just to stop putting any energy into the situation. The casting was 63 uc and I wondered if it meant, 'Well, that's done and dusted', but the feeling I actually got from it was more: 'Just let things work themselves out in whatever way that's going to happen.'

I like the images of a river flowing. And I also think of the frames from Tintin in Tibet in which during an avalance a snowball rolls down a mountain just getting bigger and bigger and bigger - the situation has its own energy and it'll play itself out, that's how it feels to me.

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Weaver, that is a really accurate summary to me.

I got 63 unchanging recently. I had a third (THIRD) interview for a job that I really wanted. I had met the creative director, then the creative director and CFO, and then the third was to be an in-store meeting with the creative director again. I was nervous, so I asked: What will be the outcome of today's meeting? 63 Unchanging

It was a really great meeting, and at the end the creative director offered me the job. She said she thought I was a perfect fit for the role, and that aside she was also personally looking forward to working with me.

Apparently, it had already been decided at the second meeting.

V

veavea

I have recently been given the opportunity to revive a career in academia that I has abandoned several years ago and have been asked to give a talk on my research. Since my research is currently very piecemeal I've been wracking my brains (and the yi) to come up with a suitable topic. Today I came up with what seemed workable, a talk based on some old work that could be updated: yi said 63uc. I wasn't sure whether that was an unmitigated 'yes', based on the following experience:

I recently had 63uc as a response to whether to apply for a freelance job. When I subsequently returned to the job listing in order to apply, I found the listing had been closed early. It was 'already complete'. I emailed the company but received no response. 63uc...?!

Regarding the talk, the old research is of course 'already complete' - in the back of my mind was a worry that it would need substantial updating in order to revisit it but with 63uc I'm feeling this may not be the case...

Last edited:
V

veavea

Me again! I've had a further insight, based on having received 63uc again - this time it's again job related (sort of). I've got a temporary contract teaching at a university and I've just heard there's a permanent post about to be advertised. I figured that to improve my chances I should try to get some of my research published. I asked should I approach x publisher? 63uc.

Looking back on my previous examples, listed above, I realise that the questions were fairly redundant because the situation was moving in a way that meant my questions would quickly become irrelevant. So 63uc seemed to be saying 'it doesn't matter, as shortly the situation will have moved on and this question will have no meaning'.

Wing says 'without changing lines it is difficult to affect the situation'. That interpretation doesn't feel exactly right for me, but the sense that the river is flowing past the question - if that makes sense - feels somehow more apt?

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was supposed to go to school tonight but I felt really exhausted.
Yet it's the day of my chief subject. And yet I have recently felt we're not doing a lot with this teacher. Same boring things all over. Every time.

I asked What can today's class bring me? 63 unchanging

I feel I can as well stay home as I already know everything they're gonna do.
But if you have different views, please share them. I will never know if I did right to stay home :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm copying this experience of Tohpol's over from CC with his permission as it seemed a good one to have here.

When I was a student I spent a lot of my money from part time jobs going to see mediums, psychics, clairvoyants etc. Not because I wanted to know about my future but because I wanted to grill them about death. It wasn't very satisfactory - at least to me. But when I allowed for reading errors based on their own subjective appraisal of what death was. The apparent spirits who spoke or gave impressions through them often seemed equally clueless and only aware of their own particular state of being at the point of death. But they were quite good at plucking out insights since they had access to a field that wasn't normally accessible to us). I then spent the next 30 years seeing if there were the same patterns of transition existing in different cultures, in myth and in the latest literature (first hand descriptions) as well as NDE and OBE research. And there most certainly is a consistent pattern both in "structure" i.e. what manner and form such a transition takes.

When our friends or members of our family die or "switch realities" as I see it, it inevitably makes us think about our death which is perhaps a good thing. It's like a preparation for another birth which is potentially quite disorientating or traumatic if we aren't suitably adjusted. I suppose being birthed into this world is equally rough on the soul. And its something none of us can avoid.

A few years ago I asked the I Ching about some pages of notes I'd written on the process of death and what appears to happen when one's consciousness departs. I wanted the Yi to comment on the accuracy of those notes and the answer was H.63. After completion.

Perfect eh? From order to disorder or dissolution of the body; a completion; a transition from one state to another; crossing the Big river.

I took that as an affirmative that my descriptions were largely accurate give or take a few details.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Veavea

Looking back on my previous examples, listed above, I realise that the questions were fairly redundant because the situation was moving in a way that meant my questions would quickly become irrelevant. So 63uc seemed to be saying 'it doesn't matter, as shortly the situation will have moved on and this question will have no meaning'.

Late response but yes I think I've seen 63uc that way at times as in 'it's a done deal' in this phase (of whatever it is) at least.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
A few years ago I asked the I Ching about some pages of notes I'd written on the process of death and what appears to happen when one's consciousness departs. I wanted the Yi to comment on the accuracy of those notes and the answer was H.63. After completion. Perfect eh? From order to disorder or dissolution of the body; a completion; a transition from one state to another; crossing the Big river

Not about 63 as a unchanging hex but about it as relating hex. I hope it's ok to post it in this thread.
My former work mate is about to die these days. He is already unconscious most of the time.
I asked if he really will die now and Yi answered:
33.1.4.6 > 63. "Completion of retreat".

tubinluv

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter took the PA (Physician Assistant) board exam and we were all anxiously waiting for the result. I didn't know which day she would get the result so that one day I woke up, I had this sensation in my heart and usually when I have this sensation, I feel like there's a message for me or something going on so I asked Yi "what's going on that I need to know" and got 63UC. Shortly, my daughter texted me with great joy "Mama, I passed!"

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone I want to share my crazy experiences with hexagram 63 and hopefully this will help someone here to interpret it for the future.

I did a lot of research on 63 until it actually happened and I saw it unfolding in front of my eyes :)
What 63 says- already fulfilled, an action completed, perfect time to achieve something… it give you hope or stress (depends how you want to see it) that an action actually is going to happen or happened already. At towards the end of the hexagram reading you see that it says “at the end not yet fulfilled”.

Probably few of you like me, go in confusion. Does / Did it happen or it doesn’t / didn’t?

It’s very easy for a beginner like to get confused and lost.
So I read so many sources and interpretations and still it wasn’t clear to me. It happened in 2022 that I got several 63 with few situations. And I also got 2 more 63 right in Jan 2023 :) seems like 63 is my nr 😂
I went back in my journal and I read when I got 63 and see how that situation unfolded. That helped a lot.

So here is what 63 means in short words.

“The stage of Already Fulfilled is merely the fulfillment of certain events or of a certain stage in a cycle of events. If some occurrences have reached the stage of Already Ful-filled, there are always others that are Not Yet Fulfilled. The stage of Already Fulfilled is also the stage of Not Yet Fulfilled.”

So in real life I experienced few things under 63 and I will share them with you to show how 63 actually unfolds in real life (I hope it helps).

1. My pregnancy
Do I have to do this operation in order to get pregnant? 63

I went and did the operation. I then got pregnant (Certain events and certain stages happened) but then I lost the pregnancy at 6 weeks bcs the operation alone was not enough to fulfil the final aim of having a baby (there are always other events which are not yet fulfilled)

In here 63 says yes you will get fulfilled so the operation will help but in the end not yet fulfilled because you can’t have a baby. So the final aim of having a baby didn’t happen.

2. My interview in 2022
Will I get an offer from company X? 63

Here again, I got the offer and was happy, everything shows that everything goes in the right direction to get this job (certain events happened) but then when I realised where this company is based (I did the interviews via Teams) and where I should go to work I really hated that place and I turned down the offer (the final aim didn’t happen so I didn’t get the job).

3. My husband and his female colleague
Did he cheated with his colleague A? 63

Looks more realistic to look at it as - They built a nice friendship and they are often chatting and sharing work and life information (some stages happened and already fulfilled) but the final aim of cheating didn’t happen (there are always other events which are not yet fulfilled).

4. My interview in 2023
Here same thing. Will I get an offer from company AX? 63

Here again, I got the offer (certain events happened) but then my current company counter offer them and I decided to stay where I am (the final aim didn’t happen so I didn’t get the job).

After reading so much about 63 and trying to understand it better I went and read about 64. And in 64 the oracle talks about 63 too and in my book says exactly this

“The stage of Already Fulfilled is merely the fulfillment of certain events or of a certain stage in a cycle of events. If some occurrences have reached the stage of Already Ful-filled, there are always others that are Not Yet Fulfilled. The stage of Already Fulfilled is also the stage of Not Yet Fulfilled.”

And every time I got 63 always some events or steps happened which represents the already fulfilled and then in real life when it feel that everything goes well and you did it and what you asked about is actually happened or happening, then the end become not yet fulfilled.

I just wanted to share this with you because my life events made me understand 63 in and out. And I learned more from actual events for which I got 63 as a result.

Hopefully this post will help you understand it and associate it to your answer in much easier way.
Xxx

emilia_ro

visitor
Reaction score
63 has always been one of the biggest mysteries for me, probably because I misunderstood it at first. I once asked Yi, should I go back to college? and I got 63 UC. I did the paperwork, got accepted back into college and almost 2 years of credits from my unfinished degree were validated. However, I then got a job offer that I couldn't refuse and it was impossible to work and study due to conflicting schedules, so I had to drop the idea.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I have just received this for my weekly reading about my business. basically, the past few weeks I have had so many projects going on. The way I have been describing it has been like a beautiful jigsaw puzzle that has just been tipped out of the box. There is so much going on that I have decided to obstain from beer all together. Mainly, just so my mind is as sharp as can possibly be.

Its been about 2 weeks now and would say I have built the perimeter around of the jigsaw. Now i need to fill in the middle.
In the last 2 weeks its been amazing at what I am getting done. I ask the Yi what i needed to know about work this week coming and received 63 unchanging.

To me it was like a pat on the back, keep up the good work your on path. The other thing I felt was that an old cycle was gone and a new one begining.

I do not cast the hexagram ofter, I had know idea what a nice ring the reading has.

V

veavea

I have just received this for my weekly reading about my business. basically, the past few weeks I have had so many projects going on. The way I have been describing it has been like a beautiful jigsaw puzzle that has just been tipped out of the box. There is so much going on that I have decided to obstain from beer all together. Mainly, just so my mind is as sharp as can possibly be.

Its been about 2 weeks now and would say I have built the perimeter around of the jigsaw. Now i need to fill in the middle.
In the last 2 weeks its been amazing at what I am getting done. I ask the Yi what i needed to know about work this week coming and received 63 unchanging.

To me it was like a pat on the back, keep up the good work your on path. The other thing I felt was that an old cycle was gone and a new one begining.

I do not cast the hexagram ofter, I had know idea what a nice ring the reading has.
Let us know if this is how your week actually pans out in a week’s time! 🙂

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).