...life can be translucent

Menu

Bookmarks

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks

Can someone tell me where to go on the site to see the list of threads I have bookmarked?

Thanks

And greetings to old friends.

Kevin

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you

Waiving and smiling - I have spent some of the day looking around this lovely place... So many great posts... so much insight. I am still 1.1.2.4 >53 'ing. You will see me logging a bit more now... 'Worm' still under water.

:bows:

:)

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am Nervous

Greetings again :) Good to see you are still here.

And thanks for the welcome... I do feel a little nervous.

O.Clarity has moved on so far since the old days... There is some astonishing wisdom and learning here.

I think I will spend a few weeks just reading and trying to understand the culture here, before becoming active.

I see there is so much development in the gentle skill of sharing... And as always there is the other... but not too bad.

It's good :)

Warmly

Kevin

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings again :) Good to see you are still here.

Thanks , but I'm officially a lurker. Not much time and unfortunately not much motivation. Guess it's like the Chiron's nostalgia :)

If I may... come as you are.

I second what Bruce said, multiply it infinite times... you will get bored being nervous , lol.

S

sooo

John Lennon would puke before his best performances after he left the (security of the) Beatles, because he was so nervous.

My own musical performances, speeches and seminars would be lifeless unless I was very nervous before hand. It sharpens the edge and point, like teeth before biting through. As LiSe said 'a shaman first needs a set of good teeth.'

Nothing is happening.

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Lol - I am mainly nervous about my own miss handling... Whenever I have been involved in a difficult situation e.g. flamy sort of backlash stuff... It wounds me and it shouldn't... Sometimes we get things wrong, sometimes posts hit raw nerves and sometimes folk are unexploded bombs needing to be soothed... Not Sure I am up for all of that... Treading quietly for now. Finding my feet. So pleased for your welcome :)

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yup... My best presentation ever was being called in front of a major conference as a key speaker. They did not even tell me I was a speaker!

OK... They set me up in a nice way... They wanted wild and woolly... passion. They got that in spades... Best performance of my life... I talked to the CEO afterwards and he said, "Well it was getting lifeless and we needed punch... I saw you in the audience and so I got the other director to do a great build up and then drop you in it. We were drinking palls, he knew ho to fire me up. lol.

What instrument do you play... I never realised you were a musician... or is my memory failing!

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Greets anemos.

good to see you are her still. :)

S

sooo

Lol - I am mainly nervous about my own miss handling... Whenever I have been involved in a difficult situation e.g. flamy sort of backlash stuff... It wounds me and it shouldn't... Sometimes we get things wrong, sometimes posts hit raw nerves and sometimes folk are unexploded bombs needing to be soothed... Not Sure I am up for all of that... Treading quietly for now. Finding my feet. So pleased for your welcome :)
I can relate with that. Many have not been up for it and we don't hear from them anymore. Some, like myself, go my own way awhile and then return, I suppose to the disappointment of a few, but that's life. I'm of the "a time for everything under heaven" school of thought. Some prefer to always play it safe and polite. Some are more edgy 29 types. I suppose I fit the latter, always have.

We've had sincere exchanges early on. I hope we may continue.

S

sooo

Yup... My best presentation ever was being called in front of a major conference as a key speaker. They did not even tell me I was a speaker!

OK... They set me up in a nice way... They wanted wild and woolly... passion. They got that in spades... Best performance of my life... I talked to the CEO afterwards and he said, "Well it was getting lifeless and we needed punch... I saw you in the audience and so I got the other director to do a great build up and then drop you in it. We were drinking palls, he knew ho to fire me up. lol.

What instrument do you play... I never realised you were a musician... or is my memory failing!

Well, it depends how one defines musician, I suppose, lol. But did have an extended go as a singer/songwriter, playing the nyc circuit of famous folk clubs and then touring with a few well known artists within familiar genres as their opener. Now I just make various shades of noise with electric guitars. My singing voice has been long gone. I was formally trained in earlier years as a cornetist; playing in all-state concert band and orchestra at 13, while gigging professionally in a dance band, while playing in three, one made up of some very talented seniors.

I also was a sales trainer and motivational speaker and gave retail marketing seminars during the following years. Though I never liked crowds, it seemed I was often called to speak, perform, teach or lead in some capacity in front of them. A bit of nervous energy was always a key catalyst for an effective performance. A calm, meditative state resulted in a dull and lifeless engagement, though most certainly time for composure was also an important element, hence the Zen statement: nothing is happening; a statement inspired from the Tibetan Book of the Dead, upon engaging wrathful and benevolent deities, who are my current inspirations when I play these days.

Just to double check; are you the Kevin who was once tossed overboard from a sailing craft at sea, and who worked or work in the medical field?

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Apologies for being so slow... A lot hapening here

Sorry to be so slow in responding. I am currently caring for my wife, Liz, who is severely ill.

Gosh... That is some musical C.V.! You must be good. :bows:

Funny how you have been thrust in front of crowds so much in your life. Life can be so very patterned like that.

Yes, I am that Kevin. Sometimes I long to return to the sea... Well, I don't think I have the endurance any more... We will see. I have retired early to look after Liz.

"the Zen statement: nothing is happening; a statement inspired from the Tibetan Book of the Dead, upon engaging wrathful and benevolent deities, who are my current inspirations when I play these days."

I just totally love that! Strength to you. :)

Last edited:
S

sooo

Better slow than never. Sometimes slower is better.

It's a loving and generous work you now do. Caring for a seriously ill mate may well be the most difficult work one can undertake, and the least appreciated. Strength to you too, old friend.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).