...life can be translucent

Menu

catchphrases

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
lately I 've been linking up, somewhat unintentionally, catchphrases with readings, using them like 'keys' that appear to be working on most cases or make it easier for me to focus on what the reading 's trying to say . . especially when it's a multiple-lines one. Sure enough they are not 'perfect' but they have been useful in a wide brushstrokes way, or might perfectly apply for periods of time, then the meaning of a line might shift again, somehow .. do you use catchphrases like that, have you found them useful?

63 to 53 is one I've been having often recently . . I think 'a long time in the making' could be a good catchphrase for it, what do you think?

D

diamanda

63.1.6 > 53 "a long time in the making"
Sounds like a very apt catchphrase. I would add "a long time in the making, with a good basis".
Something like, "you've planted the tree very well and successfully, now sit back and watch it grow".

D

diamanda

Here's one of my recent ones, which I also had in the past, and it still retains its meaning.
32.3 > 40 "persist no matter what, it will end well"
I persisted, it was very annoying and frustrating, the other party was embarrassed, and they finally gave me the refund I was rightly asking for.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi diamanda,

that's a great 32.3, gives me a whole new prospect on the line, actually . .
I was kinda intrigued by your comment on 63/53 as something that just needs time on its own cause usually 63 for me invokes a lot of being attentive and keeping an eye and being constantly on the lookout so that the balance is kept just so . . it's a lot of work and it makes my impatient streak sigh deeply and protest every time I get it (and grunt, and grumble and all the the grrumph words out there :rolleyes:)
So yeah, coupled WITH 53 TOO . . it's a loooong making (I hope I'll see it thru till the end and maybe come back and sort it out here too) - thanks for the feedback!

charly

visitor
Reaction score
... 63 to 53 is one I've been having often recently . . I think 'a long time in the making' could be a good catchphrase for it, what do you think?
Dear Dora:

For H.63 ALREADY ACROSS, I had «AND NOW WHAT?»

Say, we have already crossed our Rubicons, now we must accept the consequences.

Following Marcel Granet, after crossing the river, in peasant festivals, comes the mating of youngs, with later marriage only if the girls got pregnant, in which case the consequences can take, of course, «A LONG TIME IN THE MAKING» .

attachment.php

Steve Marshall: The Mandate of Heaven. Hidden History ... page 205
Available at Google Books
https://books.google.com.ar/books?i...et&q="Marcel Granet has convincingly"&f=false

That point of view gets some support from the reading of the chinese received text of H.63 and 63.1.6 > H.53, as I will tell you later.

All the best,

Charly

Attachments

• Courtship_Festivals.jpg
    Courtship_Festivals.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hola Charly! :)

you hit a sore spot with your comment on 63, the ALREADY ACROSS . . lately I've read a lot and fought in my mind to figure it out . . It finally seems to me to be about aiming to cross already, while 64 is aiming at beginning a venture, inaugurating something - how does it sound to you?
(love the rite described, btw, I think it makes a lot of sense!)

on a different note, I've also been reading on 55.4 - it seems to me like a good catchphrase for that would be that them two in the meeting fit like lock-and-key

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Dora:

Going by parts:

hola Charly! :) ... It finally seems to me to be about aiming to cross already, while 64 is aiming at beginning a venture, inaugurating something - how does it sound to you? ...

I don't know. I must think deeper about it.

... (love the rite described, btw, I think it makes a lot of sense!) ...

Glad that you like it...

H.63 Already across:

既濟
ji4 ji4
ALREADY ACROSS (1)
Yet crossed the great river, the river of the great festivals
And now what will happen?

亨小
heng1 xiao3
FEAST LITTLES (2)
Celebration of the youngs.
Ritual mating before marriage.

利貞
li4 zhen1
PROFITABLE OMEN
Be with profit!
... for without pregnancy there will be no marriage.

初吉
chu1 ji2
AT THE BEGINING LUCKY
Lucky to begin. Without a begining nothing will happen. Or nothing worthy.
If not now, when?

終亂
zhong1 luan4
AT_THE_END MESSY (3)
Adventures always bring complications.
Offsprings and marriage, complicated indeed.

... on a different note, I've also been reading on 55.4 - it seems to me like a good catchphrase for that would be that them two in the meeting fit like lock-and-key ...

I believe that FITTING LIKE LOCK AN KEY applies better to 55.1

55.1 (4)

yu4: MEET with /
qi2 : his / her / its / theirs / that / such / it (refers to sth preceding it) / ONE'S /
pei4 : to join / to fit / to MATE / to mix / to MATCH / to deserve / consort / WIFE /
zhu3 : to own / owner / to host / host / master / lord / primary / LEADER / guidance /
sui1 : although / EVEN though /
xun2 : ten days / ten years /
wu2 : without / not / NO / avoid / negative prefix /
jiu4 : blame / to blame / mistake / WRONG /
wang3 : to GO (in a direction) / past / previous / towards /
you3 : to HAVE / there is / there are / to exist / to be /
shang4 : to VALUE / to esteem /

The key of the sense resides, I believe, in the sequence 配主pei4zhu3 that Kerson Huang translated as a two-syllabe word meaning «HOSTESS», the HOST'S WIFE

pei4 involves PERFECT MATCHING, also TO MATE. Say, not EQUALS, but complementary, maybe PARTNERS (5)

like āo, wā :CONCAVE, hollow, depressed; a pass, valley
and : protrude, bulge out, CONVEX

Or as yu say LIKE LOCK AND KEY.

Not common in chinese that the MALE go in second place, was it intended?

All the best,

Charly

(2) xiao3 means small / little but also child or YOUNG.

(3) luan4 usually translated as DISSORDERLY has a strong connotation of CRAZY
or illegal SEXUAL INTERCOURSE or SEXUAL DEBAUCHERY, it also has a less serious sense of confusion, uncertainty (> FUZZY). Even ancient characters have three components; two HANDS (upper and lower) and a BALL OF ENTANGLED THREAD. The hands are trying to disentangle it. (> MESSY)

(4) A literal translation of the begining can be: MEETING ONE'S F_CKING HOST: mainly a HOSTESS for boys and a MALE HOST for girls, but not necessarily, that lead us to ancient customs related to marriage, but that's another story...

(5) Sexual PARTNERS, of course.

Ch.

Last edited:

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Dora:

More stuff for 63.1.6 > 53:

63.1: almost literal:

[

SIZE=4]曳其輪[/SIZE]
yi4 qi2 lun2
DRAGGING ONE'S WHEEL
Following one's destiny.
Moving with the gears of fate.

濡其尾
ru2 qi2
WETTING ONE'S TAIL (1)
Getting scared like a rodent,
... or maybe a phallic euphemism.
In some given circumstances, fated. (2)

旡咎
wu2 jiu4
NO WRONG
No blame.

63.6: almost literal:

濡其首
ru2 qi2 shou3
WETTING ONE'S HEAD (3)

li4
DANGEROUS
Cruel and stern.

I didn't see any FOX where everybody see it.

It leads to H.53:

jian4
GRADUALLY / IMBUING / FLOWING INTO
The wheel of destiny between female-water and male-axe.
How water fills all lower cavities.
MAYBE A METAPHOR FOR PREGNANCY.

女歸
nu3 gui1
WOMAN MARRIES
A young woman marries ...

吉利貞
ji2 li4 zhen1
LUCKY PROFITABLE OMEN
Be it fortunate and with profit.
... when she gets happily pregnant.

All the best,

Charly

(1) In english: get one's feet wet = to initiate oneself or be initiated into something / have a first and testing experience of something. In spanish wetting one's tail looks like a sexual experience (be for girls or for boys).

(2) There is a parallellism between the first phrase and the second: «to follow ones destiny» = «to wet one's tail». Say, to be initiated is fated. And nothing wrong.

(3) Here a parallellism with the first line. More of the same, but dangerous.

Ch.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
50.3.4.5 > 40
It isn't a perfect circle but it's a perfect whatever it is.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).