...life can be translucent

Menu

The Best Kept Secret of Life

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
I am a super fan of I-Ching. So, there will be lots of it from now on; enough to bore you to death.

But, if you can survive the boredom, the untold story will definitely spice up the way you look at life. Because that’s the “hidden agenda” of I-Ching – to spice up people’s lives.

I-Ching? They call it the “Book of Changes”, a Chinese classic aged over five thousand years old. It is said to be the best kept secret of life; because the whole book is filled with riddles; thereby subjecting itself to all kinds of interpretation.

My take on I-Ching is its 3-D energy model that tracks all the possible changes in one’s lifetime as a growing human universe.

According to I-Ching -- a perfect human universe comprises a stable base, a justified past, and an expanding future; or a 3-D (three dimensional) existence that guarantees a happy and fulfilled life.

Unfortunately, life is never perfect in reality. For most of us, if there is indeed a human universe, it is either distorted or dysfunctional.

That’s where I-Ching comes in as a solution provider.

In this context, I started coining names for I-Ching, one each for different interest groups.

For the spirited – Sixty-four ways to Heaven.
For the down and out – Quick fixes for Screw-ups in Life.
For the ambitious – A Guide on Growing a Large-than-life Life.
For the scientific-minded – A Construction Manual for a Human Universe.

I guess I have a lot of explanations to do for calling names.

Where do I begin?

gene

visitor
Reaction score
I am a super fan of I-Ching. So, there will be lots of it from now on; enough to bore you to death.

But, if you can survive the boredom, the untold story will definitely spice up the way you look at life. Because that’s the “hidden agenda” of I-Ching – to spice up people’s lives.

I-Ching? They call it the “Book of Changes”, a Chinese classic aged over five thousand years old. It is said to be the best kept secret of life; because the whole book is filled with riddles; thereby subjecting itself to all kinds of interpretation.

My take on I-Ching is its 3-D energy model that tracks all the possible changes in one’s lifetime as a growing human universe.

According to I-Ching -- a perfect human universe comprises a stable base, a justified past, and an expanding future; or a 3-D (three dimensional) existence that guarantees a happy and fulfilled life.

Unfortunately, life is never perfect in reality. For most of us, if there is indeed a human universe, it is either distorted or dysfunctional.

That’s where I-Ching comes in as a solution provider.

In this context, I started coining names for I-Ching, one each for different interest groups.

For the spirited – Sixty-four ways to Heaven.
For the down and out – Quick fixes for Screw-ups in Life.
For the ambitious – A Guide on Growing a Large-than-life Life.
For the scientific-minded – A Construction Manual for a Human Universe.

I guess I have a lot of explanations to do for calling names.

Where do I begin?

I look forward to this. I don't come here often. Today I just decided to check in. I will look forward to seeing things develop. Sounds like good info.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Begin right here! Right now!
You might also post your ideas on WikiWing or on the Memorizing Threads over in the Exploring Divination area.

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory 1 (An Ego-Soul Separation)

“Bang!” That is the sound of a newborn human universe; yours and mine are alike.

No, it is not an exaggeration. It is an audible signal for an unfolding natural process; no different from thunder, the sound of lightning that warns of an impending storm.

Yes, there is also light, which flashes before the “bang”; in accordance with the natural order -- lightning first, thunder later.

What follows is a huge mind explosion that ejects one out of the body, and disintegrates the body into thin air, figuratively speaking.

The sudden explosion of mind-space is actually a sensory breakout from the inner emotional domain; best visualized as an out-of-body experience that propels one’s awareness into a sun-lit world from the inner emotion-pit.

I-Ching calls this brilliant escape -- an ego detachment process.

Then comes tranquility, the result of the body relaxing and the mind justifying.

The body relaxes when the ego lets go of the past; thereby ending its dominance over the running of the body. In simple English, the involuntarily function is switched on, the moment the consciousness is off; resulting in spontaneous bodily jerks.

The mind justification is a spontaneous process, which matches extremes of opposing natures to form justified knowledge, the core ingredient of a justified environment.

Justified knowledge are facts about how things work naturally. Hence, a justified environment is a natural setting, where things vibrate freely; rising and falling cyclically like the four seasons.

I-Ching calls this unwinding phenomenon a soul-awakening process.

Now, there are two “beings” on the loose -- a detached ego and a liberated soul. Such a “free” formation is called an earthly self (a passive ego plus a grounded soul); blessed with a profound sense of contentment because of the grounding.

Done. Step one of the birth procedure – the separation of the ego and soul.

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory 2 (The Earth-Heaven Link)

Next is a crippling sensation; overpowered by a sudden burst of energy that inflates the entire body, and oozes out from every single pore.

“Crippling” because the energized “being” literally took over the running of the body and mind; totally disregarding how one felt.

I am talking about my first “energizing” experience, which ended with an injured back for attempting a somersault, instigated by the “high”. Gosh, the last somersault I did was in high school, during the sixties.

“Motivated” is the correct term to describe the energy oozing sensation, which usually comes with a purpose and direction.

Lesson learned – never put the cart before the horse!

I had acted impulsively before the birth process was completed; like a baby crying out while still in the mother’s womb. Also, impulsiveness tells of a half-baked ego-soul separation job. A double whammy.

I should have waited for the emergence of a fully charged and grounded “being”, the incoming master of my universe; taking over from the retired ego.

The new master is a highly motivated soul yet remains firmly grounded at the natural home base; with the ego as an out-of-body observer.

The motivation comes from a mysterious force of nature called by many names – the force, fate-driver, north-south magnetic force, external life-force, spiritual potential, heaven, or Dào (道: The Way, a term coined by I-Ching).

The grounding force is derived from the soul’s natural frequency, which vibrates closed to the earthly rhythm to form a rock-solid earthly base. The free vibration represents the original level of one’s existence at the moment of birth; hence “the natural home base.”

And the soul-charging is done through a direct earth-heaven link, which is free of human interference since the ego is now passive.

Finally, such a “spirited” formation is called a spiritual self (a grounded soul guided by a heavenly ego); blessed with an intense joy fueled by the earth-heaven energizing process.

Done! A baby human universe comprises a stable earthly-base anchored at the present, an ego detached from the past, and a future driven relentlessly towards a destiny by a heavenly force.

I-Ching calls the human universe a 3-D existence (earth-human-heaven); marked by a yīn-yáng sensation (a concoction of contentment and excitement) otherwise known as happiness, and wholesomeness derived from realizing one’s fullest potential in partnership with heaven.

(Picture below sourced from universeadventure.org)

GrowingUniverse.jpg

gene

visitor
Reaction score
When one studies Hebrew letters, one finds that the big bang theory is coded right into the very first verse of the Torah as well. Not to mention the story of the prodigal son is on one level the story of the big bang. There is much more to these things than people realize.

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Bāguà Theory 1 (The Inventor of Bāguà)

Fúxī (伏羲), a Chinese legend, invented the bāguà (八卦) during the mid-29th century BCE.

“In the beginning there was as yet no moral or social order.

Men knew their mothers only, not their fathers. When hungry, they searched for food; when satisfied, they threw away the remnants. They devoured their food hide and hair, drank the blood, and clad themselves in skins and rushes.

Then came Fúxī and looked upward and contemplated the images in the heavens, and looked downward and contemplated the occurrences on earth. He united man and wife, regulated the five stages of change, and laid down the laws of humanity.

He devised the eight trigrams, in order to gain mastery over the world.”

(Story sourced from en.wikipedia.org)

Bāguà (八卦) is a set of eight trigrams, each with three lines that are either broken or unbroken. Each of the eight trigrams carries a natural element that tells on them.

☰ Qián (乾) is symbolized by heaven (天, tiān).
☷ Kūn (坤) is symbolized by earth (地, dì).
☵ Kǎn (坎) is symbolized by water (水, shuǐ).
☲ Lí (离) is symbolized by fire (火, huǒ).
☳ Zhèn (震) is symbolized by thunder (雷, léi).
☶ Gèn (艮) is symbolized by mountain (山, shān).
☴ Xùn (巽) is symbolized by wind (風, fēng).
☱ Duì (兌) is symbolized by swamp (泽, zé).

A broken line is called a yīn (陰) line; while an unbroken line is called a yáng (陽) line.

陰 (yīn) is a place (阝) where the present (今) is clouded (云).

Clouding is part of an emotion cycle (as in a water cycle) that refreshes excited emotion; while present is now, not the past nor future.

Translated: Yīn is an incubation phase that pins one down for emotion refreshment. Putting it another way, yīn is a restraining force that stops one from messing with natural processes, which need time to complete their natural courses.

So, yīn is often perceived as a negative force that obstructs one’s progress.

陽 (yáng) is a place (阝) where the earth (一) is connected to the sun (日) to break through resistances (勿).

Translated: Yáng is a growing phase that breaks through resistances with an earth-heaven link. Alternatively, yáng is a heavenly force that motivates one to go forward against all odds.

So, yáng is often perceived as a positive force that facilitates one’s progress.

The yīn and yáng forces are believed to be the only two forms of energy that exist in a human universe, a virtual space made out of a stable earthly base, an emotional human domain, and an expanding heavenly realm.

The products of their 3-D interactions, bāguà (2 x 2 x 2 = 8), become the building blocks of the I-Ching hexagrams; constructed basing on the 3-D energy model (earth-human-heaven).

Fúxī presented his Bāguà Theory in a beautiful poem.

The poem tells the story of how a human universe evolves from nothingness to its ideal form; and reasons out how the sixty-four I-Ching hexagrams are formed, to capture all the possible distortions of a human universe one can experience in a lifetime.

(Picture sourced from fengshuimall.com)

fengshui-bagua-diagram.jpg

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
On the diagram, in chien's sector there is a label in russian all of a sudden.
I'll translate in case you are wondering what it says - Big metal.

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Bāguà Theory 2 (Defining Limits)

“無極生有極、有極是太極、

Evolve from a growth without limits to a growth with limits, and the limits must be supreme limits.”

The bāguà poem starts off by describing how a human universe evolves from nothing (無) to something (有), and then to its supreme form (太).

The first line casts its spotlight exclusively on 極 (jí: limit). Why?

Notes (sourced from ctext.org and chinese-dictionary.org):

無 (wú): -less / not to have / no / none / not / to lack / un-
有 (yǒu): to have / there is / there are / to exist / to be
太 (tài): highest / greatest / too (much) / very / extremely

極 (jí: limit): A natural growth (木) reaches its end (了) when the earth (一) is connected (又) to an opening (口). Simply put, a true limit must have an earth-opening link; or a start-to-finish link in today’s language.

無極 (wú jí): Without limits.

A growth that has no limits is an unnatural growth, either because it is not grounded, or there is no opening for growth.

A groundless growth tends to drift, like the homeless people wondering on the streets; while a restrained growth is inevitably distorted, like the malnourished people living in extreme poverty.

有極 (yǒu jí): With limits.

A growth with limits is a natural growth; as it is driven by an earth-opening link. However, how far it can grow will depend on the type of opening. So, the definition of “opening” becomes the determinant of one’s fate.

If it is set too low, one is shortchanging oneself; too high, it is going to be a stressful life; and in the wrong direction, it will get one nowhere, or worse, into troubles.

太極 (tài jí): With supreme limits.

An ideal human universe has two supreme limits – earth being the lowest, below which life will not be supported; and heaven, the highest, beyond which there will be no openings.

The earthly base is one’s natural home base, or the original level of existence registered at birth; while the heavenly limit is one’s maximum growth potential unleashed at the moment of birth.

This is a controversial statement that needs to be substantiated. A scientific argument will be offered in due course. Still, there will be no solid evidence. At best, it is just food for thought.

So, an earth-heaven link defines a human growth limits; the lowest being a “nobody” at the time of birth, and the highest being “somebody” at the pinnacle of one’s life.

Essentially, the lowest limit is a base that has to be defended at all cost, like one’s own goalpost in a football game; or a ground for psyching up the mind, body, and spirit for a major event, like the starting line of a 100-meter dash.

On the other hand, the highest limit is a target for scoring amidst strong resistances, like the opponent’s goalpost in a football game; or a destiny that draws out one’s best potential, like the finishing line in a 100-meter dash.

無極生有極 (wú jí shēng yǒu jí) spells out the condition for a natural growth, which will occur only if there is an earth-opening link.

有極是太極 (yǒu jí shì tài jí) emphasizes that only an earth-heaven link has the power to draw out one’s absolute best to grow a larger-than-life life.

(Picture sourced from dreamstime.com)

pista-del-atletismo-24744931.jpg

Last edited:

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Bāguà Theory 3 (The Yīn-Yáng Phenomenon)

“太極生兩儀、即陰陽;
The supreme limits give rise to two forms, namely: yīn and yáng.”

Exactly, it says: “A supreme existence is exemplified by a yīn-yáng phenomenon.”

Behind the proclamation, there lies a secret message; hidden in the character 儀 (yí: appearance), which says that the look of the supreme existence is controlled by two invisible forces, the dots (丶) and strokes (丿).

A dot (丶, zhǔ) is a point highlighted for action. So, an invisible dot is a spiritual signal that urges one to act; signifying a “go” order, driven by a positive force.

A strokes (丿, piě) is a point struck off. So, an invisible stroke is an inappropriate act censored by heaven; signifying a “stop” order, enforced by a negative force.

Scientifically, the positive and negative forces at work can be explained by the north-south magnetic field, resulted from the lowest-highest configuration. A magnetic field is a vector field, which forcibly realigns everything within the field into north-south orientations, with an invisible but powerful force originated from the north.

A more exciting vision is to compare them with the binary numbers -- the dot as “1” and the stroke as “0”. Binary numbers are the on/off switch of the Universe; credited for advancing the human civilization exponentially to its present form.

What about the dots/strokes? What if they are used just like the binary numbers? A highly sophisticated human in the making? Absolutely so, logically speaking, and that’s exciting!

As a matter of fact, an ego-soul pair as an on/off switch is one such application. An earth-heaven link as a motivation generator is another. A yīn-yáng vision (e.g. crisis/opportunity, or regress/progress) as a reality checker is yet another.

Meanwhile, mysticism always outweighs logic; leading to many creative names for the invisible yīn-yáng force; i.e. despite I-Ching’s choice of a non-spiritual name:

Dào (道): direction / way / method / road / path / principle / truth / reason / skill

Personally, I choose to embrace both beliefs simultaneously as a mystical-scientific pair. The mysticism is good for powering the leaps of faith needed to breakthrough resistances; while the scientific facts offer a solid supporting platform when doubts persist during the downtime.

Ultimately, a persistent go/stop effort will simulate in a powerful pulse-generator, which propels one forward no matter how strong the resistances are.

Whereas an obsessive myth seeker is often blind to facts; thereby upsetting the equilibrium needed for the divine messages to come through. Oppositely, an absolute fact-based person tends to exclude; thereby missing the many divine messages routinely popping up in their surroundings.

Notes (sourced from ctext.org):

陰 (yīn): female principle / dark / secret
陽 (yáng): male principle / light / sun

儀 (yí): The look of a person (亻) whose ego (我) is governed (王) by the dots (丶) and strokes (丿).

兩儀 (liáng yí) is a yīn-yáng look; yīn is stroke-produced, and yáng is dot-generated. A dot-look shows a person on the go; while a stroke-look depicts a person slowing down.

太極生兩儀、即陰陽 (tài jí shēng liáng yí, jí yīn yáng) says that an earth-heave link (太極) will yield two appearances (兩儀): that is yīn (陰) and yáng (陽).

Such a yīn-yáng setting is called a justified environment, an inner sanctuary created by justifying the past; otherwise also known also as an enlightened inner self, a blissful nirvana, or a growing human universe.

(Picture sourced from i.ytimg.com)

hqdefault.jpg

Attachments

• Binary-to-Decimal-COnversion-184x184.jpg
    Binary-to-Decimal-COnversion-184x184.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A baby human universe comprises a stable earthly-base anchored at the present, an ego detached from the past, and a future driven relentlessly towards a destiny by a heavenly force.

Translation, whistle joyfully while chopping wood and carrying water :cool:?

(From the West, "whistle while you work," and the East, "before enlightment chop wood, carry water, after enlightment chop wood carry water.")

Last edited:

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Bāguà Theory 4 (The Normal Cycle)

“兩儀生四象: 即少陰、太陰、少陽、太陽、
The two forms produce four phenomena -- the lesser yīn, greater yīn, lesser yáng, and greater yáng.”

Basically, it says: “a young and old yīn + a young and old yáng = four manifestations.”

Notes (sourced from ctext.org):

少 (shǎo): few / less / inadequate
少 (shǎo) reduces by downsizing (小) with a restraining force (丿).

小 (xiǎo): small / tiny / insignificant
小 (xiǎo) shrinks when the dots (丶) and strokes (丿) are divided (丨), a grounding phenomenon whence everything is simplified by justification.

That makes 少 (shǎo) a grounding force that simplifies; or a naturalization process.

陰 (yīn) is a place (阝) where the present (今) is clouded (云); or an emotion cycle that refreshes and enriches the emotion.

Which means 少陰 (shǎo yīn: lesser yīn) is an emotion cycle that naturalizes.

As a process, the lesser-yīn mirrors the nucleation in a crystallization process, whence solute (dissolved matters) cluster to form nuclei; or a cloud formation process, when air rises and cools, and the moisture in it condenses into a visible form.

Visually, the naturalization process is best illustrated by the fall season of autumn, whence everything cools down and returns to their simplest forms.

陽 (yáng) is a place (阝) where the earth (一) is connected to the sun (日) to break through resistances (勿); or an earth-heaven energizing process that powers breakthroughs.

Which means 少陽 (shǎo yáng: lesser yáng) is a sprouting force that breaks out of incubation; powered by the earth-heaven energizing process.

As a process, a lesser-yáng works like the heating of a solid to its melting point to weaken the solid structure; or a rocket blasting off from the launching pad to offset the weight of the rocket.

Visually, the powered breakthrough is shown live by an invigorating spring, whence new growths are sprouting everywhere.

太 (tài): very / too much / big / extreme
太 (tài) reaches its extreme by driving growth (大) with a positive force (丶).

大 (dà): big / great / vast / large / high
大 (dà) is the growth attained when human (人) breakthroughs resistances (一).

That makes 太 (tài) a peaking (bottoming) force driven by the external life-force.

Which means 太陰 (tài yīn: greater yīn) is the bottoming out of the emotion cycle; driven by the external life-force.

As a process, the greater-yīn reflects the crystal growth in crystallization, when a highly ordered crystal structure is formed; or the precipitation of fresh emotion (rain) or/and crystallized ideas (snow) in an emotion cycle.

Visually, the bottoming out process is played out by a freezing winter that blankets everything in sight into a snow-white and homogeneous landscape.

Conversely, 太陽 (tài yáng: greater yáng) is the peaking of a growth driven by the external life-force.

As a process, the greater yáng is equivalent to the melting point, when the solid breaks down to a less ordered state, and melts to become a liquid; or a rocket accelerating to its escape velocity to burst through the atmosphere, and put the vessel into space.

Visually, the climaxing process is brought to life by a blistering summer that brings everything to fruition; marked by bustling activities (excitement) and fulfillment (contentment), the two main ingredients of happiness.

兩儀生四象: 即少陰、太陰、少陽、太陽、 (liáng yí shēng sì xiàng: jí shǎo yīn, tài yīn, shǎo yáng, tài yáng) says that the two appearances (兩儀) yields four manifestations (四象); that is lesser yīn, greater yīn, lesser yáng, and greater yáng.

In plain English, it says: “The yīn-yáng phenomenon is manifested as a normal cycle that falls and rises like the four seasons.”

Furthermore, the normal cycle is a visual illustration of the yīn-yáng crossover principle – yīn crossovers to yáng when it turns extreme, and vice versa.

No wonder people always say: “It's always darkest just before the dawn.”

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Bāguà Theory 5 (The 8 x 8 Algorithms)

“四象演八卦、八八六十四卦
The four phenomena evolve into eight trigrams, and eight by eight becomes sixty-four hexagrams.”

Previously, the bāguà poem shows how the yīn-yáng force works the human universe with a four-beat gait, which contracts to naturalize and crystallize, and expands to breakthrough and peak.

四象演八卦 (sì xiàng yǎn bāguà) says that the four-beat rhythm continues, and completes a full cycle of eight (2 x 4 = 8) manifestations, called bāguà.

The four-beat gait that falls, bottoms, rises, and peaks is called a down cycle. The wind down causes a fall that crystallizes justified knowledge into core ideas; while the wind up stages a rebound that builds up potential energy for a major breakthrough.

A falling-rebounding cycle forces rest to stockpile potential energy.

The next four-beat gait that rises, peaks, falls, and bottoms is called an up cycle. The unleashing of the potential energy powers a growth that explodes in the sky like firework; while the consolidation caps the rise by converting the kinetic energy back to potential.

An expanding-consolidating cycle stimulates growth to disburse kinetic energy.

Dào uses the eight-beat gait ingeniously to mold the human universe into its ideal shape. Some of its ways are listed below; but the list is by no means exhaustive as there are still others, yet to be discovered or tested.

• A bāguà generator that churns out eight types of natural processes to run a human universe; coded as heaven, earth, water, fire, thunder, mountain, wind, and swamp.
• A motivator that energizes with a purpose and direction.
• A normalizer that forcibly justifies a middle path forward, free of extremes and excesses, with the up and down popping in life.
• A pulse maker that propels one steadily forward amidst strong resistances.
• A life-sustaining device that regulates the heartbeats for a peaceful existence.
• A signalling system that warns of crisis or opportunity brewing in the background.
• An inspirational source that supplies knowledge that are original and justified.
• A decoding system that translates the unknowns into knowns.

If Dào is left to work undisturbed, it can remake earth in the image of heaven, theoretically speaking.

A peaceful life for those with a low-amplitude vibration, which pops up and down merrily along a middle path till the end of time. They are the happy “nobodies”.

A colorful life for those with an average amplitude, which rises from a “nobody” to “somebody” by going through the trials and tribulations of life. Which means most of us shall be a “somebody” -- not just any “somebody”, but a happy “somebody” – someday, somehow.

A larger-than-life life for those with a high amplitude, which has to survive a free fall to ground zero, for a big rebound to a great height, and a game-changing achievement that can withstand the test of time, i.e. forever. Fortunately, most of us are spared the excruciating falls; but at the huge expense of an everlasting glory, and an intensely happy life.

On the other hand, if an altered ego is calling the shots, life becomes erratic and unpredictable; as the actions are now driven by the desires to possess rather than motivations to progress.

An altered ego is an ego under siege by a dense mass of negatives, accumulated emotions that are never refreshed; no thanks to a severed earth-heaven link that disables the emotion cycle. The cutoff is the work of an emotional thatch, a hardened layer of extreme (unjustified) emotions; comprising unresolved issues, traumatic experiences, extreme thoughts, half-truths, and trivialities.

So, a stage is set for a classic nature-human fight; with Dào heading north determinedly regardless of how one feels; and the altered ego insisting on going south despite the dire consequences.

In mild cases, the clash often surfaces as a constant tussle between evil and good thoughts. In serious cases, the fight is a life-threatening struggle between imaginary and reality.

Thanks to Mr. Fúxī who simulated the nature-human conflict with a hexagram; by placing nature as the top trigram, and human as the lower trigram.

八八六十四卦 (bā bā liù shí sì guà) says that the clash between the natural and man-made bāguà results in sixty-four (8 x 8 = 64) hexagrams.

In this context, a hexagrams is the path resulted from the clash between the man-made guà at the bottom, and the natural guà at the top.

Subsequently, the sixty-four resultant paths were compiled into a classic – The Book of Changes --which offers advices as sure bets to win the fight, every time and in any circumstances; i.e. provided human participates willingly by not participating, a real catch-22 situation.

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Natural Bāguà 1 (The Inconvenient Truths)

A trigram has three lines. Really, what are they?

At a glance, the trigram looks like a three-beat pulse in motion. When put under the microscope, there are actually three parties (earth, human, heaven) working hand in hand to find the best way forward, democratically.

Each of them will either push hard with a go-vote (shown as a yáng or unbroken line), or pull back with a stop-vote (shown as a yīn or broken line), for their agendas to be heard.

The three-way pushing and pulling result in a three-beat pulse, a prevailing force of nature domesticated to serve human’s best interest in a given situation.

The voice from the baseline advocates balance. That is the conscience -- a soul vibrating freely with a natural frequency closed to the earthly rhythm – calling.

A go earth-line represents an energized soul; reversing its passive role to be an active partner, blessed with the ability to act spontaneously but wisely. A stop earth-line shows a passive soul; playing its intrinsic role as a database of integrity that stores only justified knowledge.

The voice from the middle is the loudest, always trying to have the final say. That is the will – an unadulterated ego exercising its natural tendency to take charge – at work.

A go human-line shows a controlling ego imposing its will; and is a force to be reckoned with, as it holds the last say. A stop human-line reveals an indifferent ego; electing to be an observer rather than a participant.

The voice from the top is the most authoritative, but chooses to work in the background; quietly but persistently urging progress. That is Dào – the external life-force that drives one relentlessly towards the destiny – working its magic.

Which means the top line is a fate-driver, manifested as a mysterious force of nature. A go heaven-line stimulates growth by opening all doors; while a stop heaven-line forces rest by closing all doors.

In a nutshell, a natural guà is a path to heaven generated from a balance platform; surrounded by free flowing and justified emotions, and powered by an invisible force of nature.

Unfortunately, the wisdom spoken is often an inconvenient truth, which requires a lot of effort to put into practice; such as cultivating a good conscience, justifying the past, and striking a good working relationship with Dào.

As such, the truthful advice is often ignored, or simply treated as a voice in the wilderness.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
In all religions and spiritual systems there is an exoteric and an esoteric aspect. I think Wong Chee Kwan is hitting on some esoteric stuff here that normally the average person doesn't get. And I am definitely appreciative of this information. Of course, the highly esoteric parts of religion cannot be spoken of to the masses. But these things I think can be assimilated if people are willing to really study it. This material cannot be fully digested in one setting. It requires continual study. Anyway I am very appreciative.

There was a fellow here a few years ago from Australia, I can't remember his name right now, that talked extensively about ones and zeros and used the "new math" to put hexagrams together. I think he passed away. I was not able to keep up with his work, it was just too time consuming for me, but it was very well presented. This is all really good information.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory 1 (An Ego-Soul Separation)

“Bang!” That is the sound of a newborn human universe; yours and mine are alike.

No, it is not an exaggeration. It is an audible signal for an unfolding natural process; no different from thunder, the sound of lightning that warns of an impending storm.

Yes, there is also light, which flashes before the “bang”; in accordance with the natural order -- lightning first, thunder later.

What follows is a huge mind explosion that ejects one out of the body, and disintegrates the body into thin air, figuratively speaking.

The sudden explosion of mind-space is actually a sensory breakout from the inner emotional domain; best visualized as an out-of-body experience that propels one’s awareness into a sun-lit world from the inner emotion-pit.

I-Ching calls this brilliant escape -- an ego detachment process.

Then comes tranquility, the result of the body relaxing and the mind justifying.

The body relaxes when the ego lets go of the past; thereby ending its dominance over the running of the body. In simple English, the involuntarily function is switched on, the moment the consciousness is off; resulting in spontaneous bodily jerks.

The mind justification is a spontaneous process, which matches extremes of opposing natures to form justified knowledge, the core ingredient of a justified environment.

Justified knowledge are facts about how things work naturally. Hence, a justified environment is a natural setting, where things vibrate freely; rising and falling cyclically like the four seasons.

I-Ching calls this unwinding phenomenon a soul-awakening process.

Now, there are two “beings” on the loose -- a detached ego and a liberated soul. Such a “free” formation is called an earthly self (a passive ego plus a grounded soul); blessed with a profound sense of contentment because of the grounding.

Done. Step one of the birth procedure – the separation of the ego and soul.

Perhaps here we have an echo of hexagrams one, two, and three, in which the primordial forces of yin and the primordial forces of yang separate, (hex one and two) and create the birth of the "10,000 things. The I
Ching is multi-dimensional, which means it can be understood on many different levels. I myself see more of the higher levels than the lower, although there are higher levels yet which I have no understanding of.

This is no different than Biblical exposition. The Bible for the fundamentalist is seen on the literal level only, and anything deeper than that is not understand and in fact frowned upon. But it, as all religions, can be expressed on many different levels, and many of the things we are talking about here have a correspondence in the Hebrew words of the Torah, though when we translate them into English they lose their scope.

The third hexagram seems to me on one level to speak of an incarnation of a soul and spirit, one being earthbound, and the other being heaven directed. At first the soul and spirit have a great deal of trouble of interacting with each other, but with maturity and the wisdom that comes from studying the I Ching, or other sacred literature, helps one to unify the two forces. Hence we have the "marriage at Cana," of the soul and the spirit, and from that point one needs no longer reincarnate but is free. The first line speaks of the trouble of bringing these two forces together, the hun and the po, I think it is called, and in Hebrew I believe it is called the Nephesh, and the Neshamah, (but I forget easily) Every ancient language had a name for these two forces.

Anyway, too much info right now so I will close it off, except to say, there is so much that can be discussed about yin and yang, 0 and 1, and all pairs of opposites. The maxim is, as above, so below. And so be it, for now.

Thanks again for all this wonderful information.

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Natural Bāguà 2 (The Good Bāguà Effects)

Mathematically, there are eight (2 x 2 x 2 = 8) possible natural paths that can sustain the forward momentum towards one’s destiny.

1. Heaven (天, ☰: go-go-go): All systems go.

Heaven is a skyrocketing process that drives human (人) to breakthrough resistances (一); till they hit their ceilings (top 一).

The explosive growth is run by an energized ego-soul pair; inspired by an opportune environment.

2. Earth (地, ☷: stop-stop-stop): All systems stop.

Earth is a grounding process (土也) that drives one towards the lowest limit (bottom 一); for justification (east-west 一) and north-alignment (north-south丨).

The natural incubator is switched on by separating the ego and soul in an inopportune environment.

3. Water (水, ☵: stop-go-stop): A restrained move.

Water manages emotions by separating (丨) the emotions according to their natures, and justifying them by pairing the positives (丶) and negatives (丿).

The emotion management system is activated to contain an overpowering ego; by drawing wisdom from the wise soul in a quiet setting.

4. Fire (火, ☲: go-stop-go): A spontaneous response.

Fire sets a human (人) on fire with dots (丶) and strokes (丿).

The soul-charging system is activated by a direct earth-heaven link that by passes the ego.

5. Thunder (雷, ☳: go-stop-stop): A spontaneous release.

Thunder discharges extreme emotions to refresh (雨) the natural home base (田).

The emotion cycle is activated by replacing the ego with heaven as the energy source, which refreshes and enriches the soul.

6. Mountain (山, ☶: stop-stop-go): Blessing in disguises.

Mountain is a Nature-driven correction system, which forcibly north-aligning (丨) the pit (凵).

An ego-soul separation process forced upon by heaven, as blessing in disguises, to restore the 3-D formation.

7. Wind (風, ☴: stop-go-go): A Nature-aided uplift.

Wind blows to uplift the ordinary (凡) low life-forms (虫).

A wind of change -- blown from a high pressure heaven to a low pressure earth – that elevates the ego to a higher plane of existence.

8. Swamp (澤, ☱: go-go-stop): An ego-soul ecosystem.

Swamp preserves prosperity (幸) with an emotion (氵) net (罒).

A natural conservation system -- which preserves the natural growth netted – that encourages the ego and soul to coexist.

On a lighter note, the natural bāguà is a secret recipe for making an eternal triangle works. On a more serious note, the natural bāguà is a joint ego-soul effort to harness Dào for a glorious life.

Generally, the three-way relationships produce eight types of natural processes, which will keep the human world liveable at worst, and heavenly if managed properly.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of Timothy Leary's Eight Circuits of Consciousness...

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Tohpol,

Life is really funny!

On one hand, it can be seen as a life-long struggle to make an eternal triangle works; on the other hand, a piece of eight-layer cake with eight different flavors.

I suppose that's what makes life interesting -- what you see is what you get.

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Man-Made Bāguà 1 (The Evil Thoughts)

What about the three lines in a man-made trigram (guà)? Are they inner voices too?

Yes, they are also voices from within; and to be exact, very loud and imposing voices from a parallel world created artificially by human.

They too interact with each other -- using the go/stop voting system -- to generate an abnormal three-beat pulse, which competes fiercely with the normal three-beat pulse of the natural world for the grand price -- the master of one’s fate.

The man-made world also has a base -- an emotional thatch (a hardened layer of extreme motions) that replaces the earthly base as one’s operating platform. The bottom thatch-line is a radical voice; reflecting its extreme stands.

A go thatch-line stands for a far-right position, a synonym for -- fascism / dictatorship / tyranny / oppression / repression / bureaucracy / control / cruelty.

A stop thatch-line represents a far-left stand, a synonym for – anarchy / lawlessness / chaos / rebellion / mob rule / reign of terror / turmoil / hostility.

The middle line represents an unjustified past, accumulated emotions trapped by an emotional thatch, which severs the earth-heaven link that powers the emotion cycle. The middle soggy-line is a cynical voice; reflecting a saturated emotional state with limited capacity for new stuffs.

A go soggy-line signals the release of the extreme emotion buildup within; driving an offensive behaviour, identifiable as being -- abusive / irritating / obnoxious / rude / stinking / rotten / nauseating / repulsive.

A stop soggy-line signals a closed mind to avoid the pains of taking in new stuffs; yielding a defensive behaviour, recognizable as being – opposing / averting / guarding / uptight / interrupting / resistive / preventive / balking.

The top line signifies a powerful suction that pulls everything inward to satisfy an insatiable desire to possess. The black-hole phenomenon is caused by a highly dense mass of trapped-emotions, whose suction is powerful enough to cut one off from the reality (a yīn-yáng world) created by Dào. The top undercurrent-line is marked by wild mood swings; inflicted by powerful undercurrents.

A go undercurrent-line warns of a destructive growth that flattens everything in sight. A stop undercurrent-line tips of a deep depression that cuts one off from the real world.

In a nutshell, a man-made guà is a path to hell meted out from a radical platform, saturated with trapped emotions and dictated by strong undercurrents.

As such, the thoughts spewed out from this distorted world are inherently extreme (because of the imbalance stand), toxic (caused by the lack of emotion refreshment), and infectious (due to the pull of a highly dense mass of trapped emotions).

In short, a man-made guà is an evil-thoughts generator.

Wong Chee Kwan

visitor
Reaction score
The Man-Made Bāguà 2 (The Bad Bāguà Effects)

The good bāguà effects are evidences of a natural way of life. In contrast, the bad bāguà effects signal the rise of an altered ego, an ego inflated with trapped emotion.

Which means the bad bāguà behaviors are the symptoms of an evil growth. So, just like any other major disorders, early detection is the best way to curb its growth.

Here is a list of the bad bāguà symptoms.

1. A wild Heaven (天, ☰: go-go-go): A runaway expansion.
A control freak in an offensive mode; driven mindlessly by a powerful undercurrent.
The mindless expansionist acts just like a growing snowball, which rolls down a hill uncontrollably, destroys everything in sight, and ends inevitably with a bang at the bottom of the hill.

2. A depressed Earth (地, ☷: stop-stop-stop): A deep depression.
A disorderly person who closes their minds in a depression.
The depressed screwed up is like an outlaw who imprisons themselves with regrets.

3. A volatile Water (水, ☵: stop-go-stop): A volatile emotional state.
An unruly character who bullies while in a depression.
The depressed bully is a trouble maker, who terrorizes habitually by continuously disrupting peace and stability, theirs as well as others’.

4. An out-of-control Fire (火, ☲: go-stop-go): A stressful state.
An aggressor who resists the urge to expand.
The wound up state is like a pressure cooker, which cooks by raising temperature with internal pressure built up by the steam.

5. A tormenting Thunder (雷, ☳: go-stop-stop): Excessive worrying.
A control freak who closes up in a depression.
The depressed slave-driver inflicts pain upon themselves, by stirring up the shits trapped within.

6. A crippled Mountain (山, ☶: stop-stop-go): A jammed state.
A rebel who goes against the strong undercurrent within.
The internal struggle often blinds one from the many divine messages popping up in their surroundings.

7. An ever-changing Wind (風, ☴: stop-go-go): An opportunist outlook.
An unruly character who preys in an expansive mode.
The predator is an opportunist who gains advantages at the expense of ethics or morals.

8. An uninhabited Swamp (澤, ☱: go-go-stop): A marshy growth.
An expansionist who grows indiscriminately in a depression.
The indiscriminate growth produces a marsh-like state; carpeted with mosses, and punctuated with islands.

If a natural way of life is the reward for taking orders from Dào, a hellish life must then be the aftermath for surrendering to a devilish ego. But, both are extreme cases. In reality, most people are living a twilight zone; caught in between the natural and evil worlds.

Mr Fúxī equated the twilight zone to a hexagram; and offered advises in six poetic lines on how best to deal with it.

Still, what exactly are they? The hexagrams? The six poetic lines?

Last edited:

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Heaven and earth, in its own way a symbol of opposites, yet also not, for every pole of an opposite has two poles itself. Thus there is true yang and false yang, true yin, and false yin. Each has its place, and it is impossible to have one without the other. Yet the key to life, and it is found in the esoteric portion of all religions, though not the exoteric, is to overcome duality and live in the "one' and the eternal presence. But that is going to mean different things to different people, and not something that can be intellectually discovered, but only spiritually discerned. And the I Ching can help us do that. It can helps us see, (observe, hexagram 20) beyond ourselves and come to understand our place in life, and life itself in different terms than we now see it.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
"The internal struggle often blinds one from the many divine messages popping up in their surroundings."

This is really, truly, true, and yet we cannot see it because we are blind to the depths of our experiences, and we interpret things as one who would interpret them from seeing, "through the crack of a door." As in hexagram 20. We especially in the west get caught up in the divination aspect of the I Ching and tend to think there is nothing else to it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).