...life can be translucent

Menu

44.3.5 > 64

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The question was: "What do we need to know about the US presidential primary elections happening in Indiana tomorrow?"

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
A shot at this:

44 : a climate of encroaching mistrust
44. 3 -- bitter feelings and struggle, negativity
44.5 something unforeseen, as a blessing, for the people
(if not for the candidates themselves)

64: the contest is almost decided but it's just the beginning, in another way

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting, Bernie says he is not out and thinks this could give him the momentum to go all the way, 44.5, I think was a blessing for the people and very unforeseen.
I know its an impossible chance most likely but stranger things have happened

Steve

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi , that occurred to me too, as Steve says -- Bernie is the 44.5
and the Republican contest is 44.3
Whether or not Bernie can win at this point, possibly his popularity will be a boon to the people and to the Democrats as they unify to defeat Trump.

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Bernie supporters are encouraged by the win in Indiana. There was a good turn out at a rally for Bernie in Lexington, KY today. The diversity of the crowd in terms of gender, age, race, etc. is encouraging. Bernie's campaign is creating unity among many groups --- and not just Democrats. There are some Republicans supporting Sanders.

It is actually difficult for me to imagine that Bernie won't win with what I have been seeing happening here. The mainstream media is putting spins on things that are misleading.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hey an interesting question would be will clinton be indicted before the election, its still quite a way a way so what would happen if she was, would be like watergate all over again but sanders would be the obvious choice.
Some democrats must be nervous at the fact of clinton going up against trump, he is no fool and he will find anything to make her look bad, sanders is clean as a whistle, indiana may be a huge turning point in this election.

Steve

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
I could be completely wrong on this but I sense that Trump's ongoing success might be largely due to his not being part of the ruling elite - he gives many Americans the opportunity to kick the ruling elite up the ass because they resent being ruled by a class of people who NEVER ease the suffering of the poor but never fail to protect the interests of the rich.

Here in the UK the rise of the Trades Unions carried a similar sentiment but they were ruthlessly destroyed by Margaret Thatcher who, in doing so, also destroyed Britain's position as a world-leader in engineering and production.

Reaction score
Peter, it seems like your insight pertains to the rise of Sanders.
Here is a good article, fyi
https://www.yahoo.com/news/who-s-re...-polls-061622809.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma
Trump forthrightly protects the interests of the rich and curtails support for the poor. He believes that if free market economy is restored, -- illegal immigrants sent home, our borders protected, government scaled back -- then each person will have the opportunity to build a fortune, as he has, and America will become "great" again.

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
Many thanks that's a superb article and it reveals his appeal to those who feel they are never represented - perhaps his "direct" almost crude approach helps people believe that he is brutally honest, his approach is certainly not careful or guarded, he doesn't embed his arguments with so many escape routes as to make his central position virtually meaningless as do most professional politicians. This makes his approach instantly refreshing and appealing but if he treads on any toes, as he did with the feminists, he doesn't have an easy escape option. He is a very confusing figure, his uneducated approach gives the impression that he would support the poor and reduce the rich but I accept that he could well do the exact opposite. It would be a bitter irony if much of his support came from people who have frustrating issues with the ruling elite if he himself turned out to hold the same values as the ruling elite, but such is politics.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).