...life can be translucent

Menu

The Anything Political Thread

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
[video]http://alicewalkersgarden.com/2016/06/the-chaos-of-a-hillary-clinton-presidency/[/video]

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am currently finding it quite discouraging to be a citizen of the United States of America, which is anything but united and only part of North America.

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Tohpol, for the helpful link about political fiction. I am feeling more and more pulled towards putting my efforts into substance instead of politics. But I am also thinking that there are times when the political situation becomes so dire that it requires one to do both things, i.e., create something of substance and also become involved in helping to reform the political system. We are moving from an Age of Televised Lies into an Age of Social Media and I think new things are possible and in fact REQUIRED by those of us who do not want to face the prospect of World War III.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I completely respect and sympathize with that position JM. One could even say that if we are aware of the reality of the situation and we are lending our voice to truth, then there is "no mistake." However, let me reiterate my position parallel to Mr. Whitehead's appraisal of the situation.

Resistance and defiance in the face of lies and corruption is required I agree, but the devil is in the details. Consider that this same collective and managed passion for change has guaranteed the safe electoral passage of successive presidents for the last fifty years and who have not worked for the people but for the military-banking-corporate complex leading us into the dire situation we have today. This is exactly the situation that Eisenhower and Kennedy warned about but which is continually ignored.

It goes way beyond DNC manipulation and Clinton criminality. It's embedded in the oval office itself. Therefore, it is a problem of the very system itself. You cannot change the system by using the exact same mechanisms as solutions and believe they'll be a different outcome. What was Albert Einstein's quote on insanity? "...Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."Even if by some miracle the Establishment cocked it up and Stein found herself as President she would still be bound by the nature of the political system which does not allow the kind of change that threatens the overall financial architecture and insider traditions.

So, give your energy and voice to "voting" in whomever you believe. But just understand that you are playing their game by adding that energy to an electoral process that is designed to fail the people. Sad to say, the Game needs the maximum number of players for it to be a convincing spectacle.

Alternatively, not voting at all entirely degausses that process and takes power away from those who covet it, potentially breaking that stranglehold. Revolution often requires temporary non-action that delivers in a way that active participation in an already compromised system can't. This is one manifestation of the Dao and where I choose to place my energy.

(That said, I'm still hoping for a genuine cock up and a miracle! :D)

All the best.

P.S. World War III is already here I'm afraid. It's just manifesting through propaganda, financial and asymmetric warfare, mostly against Russia and the BRICS countries).

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, Tohpol. Your thoughts are helpful. I do think my energy is better placed somewhere other than trying to convince others of my political views.

But I am not sure that "not voting" is much of a protest. There are already a lot of people who do not vote. The system does not seem to care that people don't vote.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hey JM - yes, you're right, the system doesn't care if large sections of the population don't vote at all. That's because there's always just enough people who believe in the voting system to keep its machinery moving...over and over and over.

You see, my personal focus is not to offer a "protest" vote but to signal an entirely separate way of life. I guess this brings us back to my original question I asked regarding alternatives.

I'm involved in a few projects in certain communities that ultimately seek to operate and grow outside of the state. These will, in time I think eventually form an autonomous and self-sufficient template for a new society, rather than trying to grow something that will always be shackled by the inherent limitations of state control and bureaucracy and all the toxic elements that we have come to see as normal. Obviously, that sounds very Utopian and thus impractical, but actually, it's surprising how simple and natural such community activities and relations become. It's like people can breathe again as they begin to trust and support each other. An innate pragmatism and creative hunger is very often revealed. And these communities and initiatives are appearing all over the world.

Something magical happens when there is a co-linear arrangement of people, with different skills and different personalities, individually distinct, but all striving for the same thing. I've seen it many times, and it's this creativity that can move mountains given the right encouragement and facilitation. We just have to start. Either way, this is the future, as more and more people become disillusioned with the political system as it stands. Whether by choice or necessity, a decentralised, local, regional and communitarianist ethos will be the only way forward, in my view.

Perhaps somewhat naive in some places but still quite visionary is Michael Tellinger's UBUNTU Contributionism - A Blueprint for Human Prosperity followed by Rob O'Grady's more down-to-earth 150 Strong: A Pathway to a Different Future These are a just a couple of explorations that you might find interesting as a starting point.

Last edited:

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks again, Tohpol. I will definitely check out the suggested explorations. I like the sound of your projects.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Washington Post & DNC hold joint fundraiser for Hillary Clinton - lawyers said it was 'illegal' - they did it anyway...

WikiLeaks confirmed mainstream media works directly with Hillary, DNC

Detailed list of findings in Wikileaks DNC document dump - money, moles and dirty tricks

Who Should Bernie Voters Support Now? Robert Reich Vs. Chris Hedges on Tackling the Neoliberal Order
"So, is Trump a repugnant personality? Yes. Although I would argue that in terms of megalomania and narcissism, Hillary Clinton is not far behind. But the point is, we've got to break away from—which is exactly the narrative they want us to focus on. We've got to break away from political personalities and understand and examine and critique the structures of power. And, in fact, the Democratic Party, especially beginning under Bill Clinton, has carried water for corporate entities as assiduously as the Republican Party. This is something that Ralph Nader understood long before the rest of us, and stepped out very courageously in 2000. And I think we will look back on that period and find Ralph to be an amazingly prophetic figure. Nobody understands corporate power better than Ralph. And I think now people have caught up with Ralph.

And this is, of course, why I support Dr. Stein and the Green Party. We have to remember that 10 years ago, Syriza, which controls the Greek government, was polling at exactly the same spot that the Green Party is polling now—about 4 percent. We've got to break out of this idea that we can create systematic change within a particular election cycle. We've got to be willing to step out into the political wilderness, perhaps, for a decade. But on the issues of climate change, on the issue of the destruction of civil liberties, including our right to privacy—and I speak as a former investigative journalist, which doesn't exist anymore because of wholesale government surveillance—we have no ability, except for hackers.

I mean, this whole debate over the WikiLeaks is insane. Did Russia? I've printed classified material that was given to me by the Mossad. But I never exposed that Mossad gave it to me. Is what was published true or untrue? And the fact is, you know, in those long emails—you should read them. They're appalling, including calling Dr. Cornel West "trash." It is—the whole—it exposes the way the system was rigged, within—I'm talking about the Democratic Party—the denial of independents, the superdelegates, the stealing of the caucus in Nevada, the huge amounts of corporate money and super PACs that flowed into the Clinton campaign.

The fact is, Clinton has a track record, and it's one that has abandoned children. I mean, she and her husband destroyed welfare as we know it, and 70 percent of the original recipients were children. This debate over—I don't like Trump, but Trump is not the phenomenon. Trump is responding to a phenomenon created by neoliberalism. And we may get rid of Trump, but we will get something even more vile, maybe Ted Cruz."

- Chris Hedges, Pulitzer prize-winning author and journalist.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
WikiLeaks: Vote Rigging Class Action Lawsuit Against DNC Moves Forward

In June, the hacker Guccifer 2.0 released internal Democratic National Committee (DNC) documents proving the DNC treated Hillary Clinton as their nominee before the primaries even began. Not long after these revelations came to light, the law firm Beck & Lee filed a class action lawsuit against now-former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters.

The suit includes six claims: fraud, negligent misrepresentation, deceptive conduct, monetary restitution for donors of Sanders, the DNC breaking its own fiduciary duties, and negligence for failing to protect sensitive donor information that was hacked. Beck & Lee noted the lawsuit was a way to give a voice to Sanders supporters who were silenced by the rigging of the primaries for Clinton. Attorneys Jared Beck, a Harvard Law graduate, and Elizabeth Beck, a Yale Law School graduate, have previously filed successful lawsuits against Yelp, Unilever, Korea Airlines, and fraudulent real estate investors.

The July WikiLeaks release provided further evidence that the DNC actively worked against Sanders, yet the Vermont senator’s supporters have received no recompense. The damage control used to divert from the content of these emails portrayed criticism of Clinton as a Russian conspiracy. While the mainstream media has devolved into an apparatus to funnel messaging and talking points directly from the DNC and Clinton campaign, the litigation for this class action lawsuit has been moving forward. [...]

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Tohpol, thanks for sharing. When I was canvasing for Bernie Sanders I met someone who had been donating $2500 to Sander's campaign every week or two. I should probably make sure that he knows about this lawsuit. I suspect someone with that ability to donate to a political campaign may be "in the know".

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).