...life can be translucent

Menu

meaning of word "friend"

Oceangram70

visitor
Reaction score
I am new...used I Ching in my early 40's while in Jungian therapy..have had a awakening similar to that period so started tossing again...what does the term friend refer to? literal or symbolic of higher self embarrassed to ask. also 'don't care" it's important ...started a journal and so glad to find this site...

V

veavea

Where is 'friend' written? There are lots of different interpretations and translations of the I Ching so it depends which you're using... I'm not familiar with the use of the term 'friend' being used particularly in any one translation - not that I'm an expert! :)

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Oceangram70,

Welcome to Clarity!

If you are using windows, then I highly recommend checking out Hilary's journal software, found in the Menu bar. It keeps track of your casts, and it's searchable for future reference.

A good book, imho, for authenticating your awakening is "The Untethered Soul."

At this site, everyone who joins the free public forum is a "Friend." Friends can join Change Circle for £10/month, and have deeper access to Hilary's treasure trove of classes, forums and extra resources.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
N

Nevermind

I am new...used I Ching in my early 40's while in Jungian therapy..have had a awakening similar to that period so started tossing again...what does the term friend refer to? literal or symbolic of higher self embarrassed to ask. also 'don't care" it's important ...started a journal and so glad to find this site...

Depends on the context... In the context of the forum, I guess it means registered member... In context of Chinese Fivearts, it usually means same element different polarity.

So if we say for example your Hexagram is Metal element(Qian), and you have Metal Lines, "Friend" can be used to signify they are the same element.
In other systems we can refine it to Friend for same element different polarity and RobWealth for same element same polarity
(for example Yang Metal to Yang Metal is RobWealth, while Yang Metal and Yin Metal will be Friends).

However if you are just using the interpretations from the 10 wings, all that doesn't really matter, it's only if you are using the element assignment to the lines, as in Liu Yao etc.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).