...life can be translucent

Menu

Positive/Negative Values of Yi Texts?

C

cjgait

Some years ago I created a spreadsheet containing a number for each judgment and line of the Yi between 1 for great disaster to 10 for great good fortune, averaged them, and found that they Yi has a very slight positive bias to its texts, about 50.05% positive if I recall (naturally this is a bit subjective since it was my judgment calls on each text if there were no obvious divining tags like 'primordial good fortune'.

In short, I've lost the danged thing and don't want to do it all again, but need it for my current work.

Does anyone have such a spreadsheet or something else along those lines?

If I do it again I suppose it is good for me. It is also a reminder to keep things in the cloud. Except of course that when I did the work there wasn't any cloud yet. But I'm itching to get the current project off the ground and need to generate or find that spreadsheet to proceed.

P

peterg

I have something along those lines from a few years back, which I emailed by attachment.
Its in shorthand and you will need Karcher-Ritsema to make sense of the keyword abbreviations.
Generally, the blue ones are 'negative' and the red-orange ones are 'positive'.
I got about 3/4 complete before I lost interest. I was aiming for a 'see it all at a glance' positive-negative birds eye view of the lines.
During a recent 23style cull I considered throwing them away.
Edit. This reminds me of the Word Cloud feature at the Chinese Text Project which may be useful in this context. As would the advanced search feature where you can search character frequency in the Yi.

Last edited:
C

cjgait

Thank you, yes, definitely going to use CTP in the project. It was a great resource while I was working on the translation of the Forest of Changes and my translation may eventually find it's way into CTP.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).