...life can be translucent

Menu

Knowing

B

butterfly spider

I was having a conversation with some friends in a circle about knowing. We were doing some card readings, and chatting. We had all chosen a pack of cards - mine were ancestral ones, but there were unicorn ones, angel ones, ones with pretty pictures........

I chose 5 cards and the lovely lady next to me read them - quite accurately, and I read someones too..
A very experienced member came to read someones cards and said (and I quote) 'what a load of bo...ks
this is and threw them on the floor and gave a reading with no regards to the cards at all. She said that the cards meant absolutely nothing as she knew what was going on without them. I understand - they are just a tool to work with. I broached the I Ching and several members used it - and we discussed its relevance.

I am not sure if we actually came to a conclusion but it was an interesting evening and the word - KNOWING kept cropping up. Knowing how to interpret a reading, a casting or a set of t-leaves, something that just popped up.

I was thinking of a casting by a member who had had a nasty bike accident. 26.6 - a good line in my experience. Was the accident a lack of knowing that the car owner would open the door, or an understanding that they might and preventing a more serious personal injury:)

B

butterfly spider

Following on from the post above, and whilst cycling myself in a busy market town, I took the notion of knowing - whilst I was wending my way between tourists, cars, obstructions. I have learned over many years to have antennae out to look for signs of danger - a knowledge built up silently. Subconscious signs that indicate danger - tyres moving, heads turning in parked cars, even birds flying off a tree - indicating a disturbance round the bend .... I am sure that we build up pictures in our heads without realising, Some of us are more able cyclists, or have an inate love of going faster than nature intended.. and it is this combination of inate and accrued knowledge that keeps us safe.

This sense of knowing - in relation to the I Ching and interpretation - how much is inate and how much is learned over years of use - building up a picture.

Rambling thoughts, but I just felt like a ramble

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).