...life can be translucent

Menu

Heads or Tails?..

Fire_Horse2912

visitor
Reaction score
I've been casting my coins now for a short while after a brief search on the internet. I can't remember why but when I cast my coin for a reading I count Tails as 3 and heads as 2.
What I have read since is opposite to that. So my question is does it matter?
My personal view is no because I've decided that's how to score my coins and they are thrown with that intention.
Would be interested to hear others thoughts.

Regards

Ian

S

svenrus

Two is Yin and Three is Yang. The coins You use, take a look and decide which of the sides looks like Yin and which Yang, female/soft/dark.... male/hard/light... But Yes, it doesn't matter I agree. You are the Master and Your choice is what fits best.

B

butterfly spider

My first mentor of the I Ching was a Chinese girl who had come over to Britain in 1977 as part of a bridge-building attempt, to a top University in the UK. She had a grey suit that she had been given and a book containing the dos and donts of living in western society. The evils of living to be avoided, the perils of drink and the subversive nature of women - it was all there. She introduced me to all of this - and the I Ching and I am eternally grateful.

Her whole family used the I Ching. Her Grandmother, her ancestors and whole community used it - even though it was considered at the time, a crime. To have coins that were used specifically for the purposes of divination could, I was told, be subject to a jail sentence. So, they used whatever means they had - stalks, combs, stones, beads, even toe nail cuttings. Given that they were just invented tools, then no specific side, or facet, or edge, was given - it was just the intention that was important. If a certain edge, or curve was considered a yin or yan then that was the intention, so it was the right one to take.

There is no right or wrong, it is just a knowing what to choose - it might be abstract, or completely nonsensical to observers. Indeed, I have a thinking that this is entirely the point of using toe nails. Who could arrive at a house and see a load of toe nails on the table and think that they had any significance. She once used forks - which were spun and the direction counted as a yin or yan line......

Just a thought as I do not think it matters one jot what you use, or which way it lands, or wether it is heads of tails.

The expression - cannot make heads or tails of something, probably stems from this...:stir:

lena_p

visitor
Reaction score
My first mentor of the I Ching was a Chinese girl who had come over to Britain in 1977 as part of a bridge-building attempt, to a top University in the UK. She had a grey suit that she had been given and a book containing the dos and donts of living in western society. The evils of living to be avoided, the perils of drink and the subversive nature of women - it was all there. She introduced me to all of this - and the I Ching and I am eternally grateful.

Her whole family used the I Ching. Her Grandmother, her ancestors and whole community used it - even though it was considered at the time, a crime. To have coins that were used specifically for the purposes of divination could, I was told, be subject to a jail sentence. So, they used whatever means they had - stalks, combs, stones, beads, even toe nail cuttings. Given that they were just invented tools, then no specific side, or facet, or edge, was given - it was just the intention that was important. If a certain edge, or curve was considered a yin or yan then that was the intention, so it was the right one to take.

There is no right or wrong, it is just a knowing what to choose - it might be abstract, or completely nonsensical to observers. Indeed, I have a thinking that this is entirely the point of using toe nails. Who could arrive at a house and see a load of toe nails on the table and think that they had any significance. She once used forks - which were spun and the direction counted as a yin or yan line......

Just a thought as I do not think it matters one jot what you use, or which way it lands, or wether it is heads of tails.

The expression - cannot make heads or tails of something, probably stems from this...:stir:
This was quite informative and interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).