...life can be translucent

Menu

Hi new OnlineClarity Yijing friends

wild bergamot

visitor
Reaction score
I've just joined the OlineClarity Yijing community after spending some time reading recent posts. I'm happy to find this thriving community online. Thank you Hilary for creating and nurturing this site!

I'd like to tell you all a little about me and find out if anyone particularly shares my Yijing interests.

I'm relatively new to serious interest in Yijing divination. A few months ago I was going to return to nature the long dead flowers from the funeral of a loved one. After casting the dry flower petals into a pond I was somehow taken by the idea of using the stalks to cast the Yijing. Up until then, I'd recreationally cast the Yijing with coins on occasion, but in spite of the almost always interesting results, had never thought about going deeper with the Yijing. I created a stalk bundle, learned with difficulty how to cast with stalks, found that it is really great, and have been casting ever since.

My main interest is in the stalk-based casting ceremony. I'm interested in its known history, alternative approaches people have used and the links to oracle shell/bone and other yarrow divination methods. I liked peterg's approach of setting two stalks aside to get symmetric casting outcomes, I've developed a similar approach (see end of this post for url to his comments).

I come to the Yijing with a strong interest is Daoism and 20 years of Qigong practice.

I live in Chicago and am particularly wondering if any of you might live around here.

Best wishes to all!

(peterg's post is #4 here: http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?22955-casting-a-divination&highlight=stalk)

S

svenrus

Hi and welcome.

Concerning the method with the stalks of yarrow Wei Tat has this, 1) which I've copied a while ago. The quality isn't top but You should be able to read it....

1) Sourche

Last edited:

wild bergamot

visitor
Reaction score
thanks svenrus

Hi and welcome.

Concerning the method with the stalks of yarrow Wei Tat has this, 1) which I've copied a while ago. The quality isn't top but You should be able to read it....

1) Sourche

ah! thank you svenrus for point me in this direction. i found wei tat's exposition last night, though i did get a bit confused about who'd actually posted it. thanks much because i like his commentary, so far as i've read. i didn't realize, though, that his chapter on divination would include focus so much on the ceremony itself. very helpful!

i haven't seen before the reference to the division of the bundle as representing realization of duality. i feel it.

interesting that he mentions the importance of dividing an odd number of stalks. my casting ceremony sets aside two stalks, and so both bunches are either even or odd, but only one is odd after the three powers stalk is removed ...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).