Believe

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all.

2 weeks back i cast my 1st reading.

I got a 3.
With moving lines 2, 3 and 4.
It turn into hexagram 63.

Do i read all moving lines of the first hexagram?
Or do i need to read just one of the moving lines?

Thanks all for your help.

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there, Believe. Well, everybody has their own personal way of reading multiple lines. Some like to read all the lines and make sort of a story with it starting with the bottom line and moving upward. So your answer would begin with the second line, then it transitions to the third line, then leading to the fourth line and finally the final outcome/solution being the resulting hexagram. Others think that each line can be like a choice, so of course you would like to chose the most fortunate line, in this case it seems to be line 04... but how to get there? Seeking union and moving forward it seems, and if you only change line 04 you get hex 17, to follow... which seems adequate for this line. I personally, when I get 3 lines, focus on the middle one that changed, in this case the third line in order to focus on one line. Here's a website of the many different ways to interpret multiple lines http://www.russellcottrell.com/VirtualYarrowStalks/rules.htm I was focusing on the Master Yin one, which for me seems to work quite well, only thing is you have to be consistent with it in order to get good results. But you can always decide to read all the lines, or just pick the one that seems most fortunate. At the end of the day there is no fixed way of doing it. Oh, and by the way I think your resulting hexagram was 43 and not 63. Good luck!

Believe

visitor
Reaction score
My apologies.

I went back to check my cast.

I got a 58.2.3.4 to 63.

freimuth

visitor
Reaction score
In my experience often indicates the lower line what happens at the onset and the upper lines what happens at a later time point. Sometimes however all the lines may apply to a simultaneous event. I guess it may depend on the context. If the question to the Oracle has a specific time frame perhaps the first interpretation is more likely.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).