...life can be translucent

Menu

Stability 46>23

O

oceangirl

At present yet again I've lost out in my quest to obtain a better life for myself....I'm without a home a job and only have very limited resources. I feel I've been courageous and sensible in what I chose to do but twice this year I've had to leave domestic violent situation related to my job. This has led to great financial loss to me and mentally and emotionally I'm in a very bad space.

What can I do to find myself in a long term stable situation

46.2.3.6>23

Pushing upward but none of these lines seem promising to me.

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi oceangirl,

I can feel the sense of rising pressure in you to transform your situation into better circumstances. My heart goes out to you!

"What can I do to find myself in a long term stable situation?"

46.2.3.6 to 23 ~ Make a plan to get to higher ground, and be prepared to endure some hardship along the way.

line 2: Call in favors to support your plan; people will help you.
line 3: Know where you are going ~ when the boat misses the harbor, it is seldom the harbor's fault.
line 6: Don't let up on your resolve until you reach your goal.

So, it sounds like the call is to rise to your best self and make a plan to get to a better place/job ~ which you then use to enlist the support of your friends, who will help you get to your goal...but, but, but, you are the one who will have to make it happen from start to finish.

I'm wishing you the best!

O

oceangirl

Thanks unsure which friend can help me but we'll see ��

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi oceangirl,

My advice is to focus on making a plan, first, that will get you to a better place in your life. In my experience, a good plan will attract its own friends and support.

Be bold ~ Write down what you really need and want at this point in your life? Envision what that might look like? What do you need to do to make the transformation happen?

Be honest ~ How much freedom to change your current job do you really have? Can you find a better position within the system, perhaps an administrative position in a town that you'd like to live in?

I hope this helps!

D

diamanda

What can I do to find myself in a long term stable situation
46.2.3.6 > 23

46.2 it's to your advantage to make a small sacrifice
46.3 pushing into an empty city
46.6 pushing in darkness

So we've got a line about a small sacrifice, a line about an unsuccessful move to a city, and an upleasant 46.6 and resulting 23. The overall feeling i get is that the answer might refer to an option you have in mind. Anything involving a big move, especially to a city, doesn't seem favoured. 23 is about not going anywhere. Maybe the meaning of the answer is that you should seek your ease - small sacrifices only. Stay in one place and make do with what's right there.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Just playing around with some ideas here..
You ask, "What can I do to find myself in a secure situation?" Well, you probably meant what to do to get a decent job etc. but sometimes the I ching answers in literal ways. 46.2 sounds like given an offering at a church. I wonder if in order to find yourself in a secure situation you are being told to go to a secure situation - i.e. go to a church, it's secure, a place where all are welcome, loved, cared for. Then make some gesture of faith. I am not a Catholic but occasionally I need the feeling of church the Catholic setting provides. Anyone can light a candle and make a prayer there. It's always gotten me results.
As your other two lines seem to reinforce your sense of being without guidance right now I think this emphasizes the advice to make an offering.
You might also do some one a favor, offer your services, to build up your good karma.

O

oceangirl

Yes radiofreewill you are right - I dropped two tarot cards this yesterday and I didn't realise til this morning, they were right at the front door - they mean take control and make plans!! Yesterday I thought I should actually write down what I want :) so you're spot on!!

Funny diamanda - the plan was to move to the city, at least for a month or so because that's where the work is but I'm no longer feeling it's the right thing to do - I'm in a place at the moment I don't particularly want to be but thinking I should stay and make the most of things unless and until - so thankyou

Well rosada I am in a secure place right now but don't like the person I'm sharing the house with although it's his house and he's doing me a massive favour and he really could do with some help from me to help him sort his life out, or his house, in this case - his wife left him three years ago and from the look of it nothings been touched since as in cleaning or sorting things out!!! Problem is I can see exactly why his wife left him but if that's what the reading is suggesting perhaps I should just make the sacrifice and offering and help him out more than I am....for now anyway.
It's not a paid job but neither is he asking for rent. I feel it's a place for me to take some time out for a while and settle down within myself. It's a lovely town and surrounds though so it;s not all bad.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm struck by how much what you just wrote sounds like the reading and Hilary's commentary, and I think that's a good thing:

"True and confident,
And so it is fruitful to make the summer offering.
No mistake."

"Pushing upward in the empty city."

"In the dark, pushing upward.
Fruitful with unceasing constancy."

Hilary's commentary - "Your resources are limited (as they are in summer, before the harvest), but it is still good to commit yourself, see what is needed, and offer what you honestly can. It may seem insufficient – not all that you’re aiming for – but you can trust that what you have to offer is worth giving. You will at least be moving in the right direction. More important than the scale of your offering is the authenticity of feeling behind it. This needs to be a wholehearted offering, and one that means something to you."

You've certainly seen "what is needed" (in the house you're living in), and committing yourself to it doesn't get you what "you're aiming for" but it gets you something for now.

This line is always confusing to me - an "empty city" doesn't have much in it that's worth having, but neither does it offer resistance. That also sounds like your current situation, doesn't it? No pay, but also no rent...

When I get this line, it often seems to mean just keep going as I've been. Just put one foot in front of the other in the same direction, even though I can't see where I'm going or I don't see much point to it. In other words, I'm often thinking, "this thing I'm doing? What possible good is it, it's not accomplishing anything, there's nothing there for me..." Yi's saying, "do it anyway, it's okay, it's not necessary to see very well or very far in front of you, simply in order to take one more step the same as the last one." Hilary says, "The path is hidden from you, there is no map, and your usual ways of navigating are of no use, leaving you confused and vulnerable. This is not a time to change course and explore at random."

Don't you think that all sounds like the last paragraph you wrote? You were asking about long-term stability, for perfectly good and obvious reasons, heaven knows, but Yi might have answered about stability right now, which needless to say is also important despite not being a full solution.

As you say, it might not be the worst thing right now to just take a deep breath, settle in where you are, and not look (or worry) too far ahead. I mean, you probably do have to keep an eye out for opportunities and so forth, but you can also repeat to yourself, "I'm okay right now, today. I'm okay today. I'm okay tomorrow..." The sixth line position of being somewhat removed and detatched and above the fray.

In it's own little way, I think this reading is comforting, sort of. No panic necessary, just one foot in front of the other...

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and your relating hexagram 23? Usually we don't like that one, because it means things are being stripped from us. Even if it's necessary, and they're things we ultimately "don't need," it's often painful and we might think, "according to whom don't I need this, and I disagree!"

But the hexagram also has an Image, which does sometimes apply:

"Mountain rests on the earth.
Stripping Away.
The heights are generous, and there are tranquil homes below." (Hilary's translation)

What people say the point of this is - I think - is not "stripping away" like a landslide that buries the houses in the valley, but gradual erosion that replenishes the valley's soil so things can continue to grow down there. And if things can grow, there's tranquility.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
(Having said all that, it's hard to actually do, and I've failed dismally myself at following 46.6's advice, and it's cost me. I guess try your best to let the reading sink in, so you believe it? Read it over and over to yourself: "it's okay not to see where I'm going; it's okay not to see where I'm going; just keep going anyway; settle in; don't worry; I'm okay for now...")

Sigh. :hug:

O

oceangirl

Thanks very much Lisa a bit more perspective for me. I have to say the responses to this reading have given me a lot to think about!

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes well, when I saw there was a reply I came back here, saw the line texts again, and this time they sounded a lot less nice. (Should be a law against shape-shifting readings. :hissy:) This time all I saw in line 6 is "you're in the dark, and nothing will be fruitful without a lot of 'unceasing constancy'," which to me just sounds like more nightmare. (In the dark there are nightmares. Ha ha ha ha.)

Have no idea which angle is correct, maybe neither of them. Argh. Sorry.

O

oceangirl

Ah I know the last couple of days have been a bit of a nightmare....I've applied for probably 30 jobs but most don't get back to you. The ones that do eithet it turns out the conditions aren't right for me or for some reason they don't deem me suitable for the job...
Self esteem is plummeting ��

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Ah I know the last couple of days have been a bit of a nightmare....I've applied for probably 30 jobs but most don't get back to you. The ones that do eithet it turns out the conditions aren't right for me or for some reason they don't deem me suitable for the job...
Self esteem is plummeting
Dear Oceangirl:

Those things happen in current societies, not by a fault of yours. Don't worry and care your self esteem.

H.46 says more or less:

RISING PRINCIPAL FEAST
Growing main celebration.
Something to enjoy, not a sacrifice with suffering.

DO SEE THE GREAT MAN
Accept advice and help.

DONT WORRY
Don't worry for it

SOUTHERN JOURNEY LUCKY
Better move towards life and joy, not self sacrifice.
South was sunny, warm, favorable to life, north shaddy, cold, hard to live in it.

46.2 says:

CATCH THEREFORE PROFIT
Say, look for your own convenience.

PERFORMING THE YUE SEASONAL RITE
The YUE was performed in summer during the Zhou dynasty but earlier was in spring, which means love and life.
The YUE rite involved surely JOY and MUSIC (1), maybe blowing a WIND(2) instrument.

NO WRONG
Although from some points of view could seem so.

The advice is catch the opportunity on the fly, don't let it for later.

46.3 says:

RISING TO AN EMPTY TOWN.
Could access to a place void of opportunities.
Being alert is not so expensive but profitable if the place is no void as it seems. (3)

46.6 says:

DEEP RISING
Wen the tree grows, the roots penetrate deeper in the earth.

PROFITABLE TO UNRESTING OMEN
There is profit in the hard work of pursuing one's goals.

H.46 trigrams are inner WIND, gentle penetration, outer EARTH, fertility.
I believe the yours is LOVE. In those matters put yourself in higher position. You know.
Lower position is unfavorable.

H.23 STRIPPING says:

UNPROFITABLE HAVING FAR TO GO
Better remain here and now or, at least, near.

H.23 is about making bare for oneself one's main purpose.

Or at least, I think so.

All the best,

Charly

O

oceangirl

Sorry Charly somehow I missed your response.....It's been over a month since I started this thread and I've Stripped away a number of things Hex 23 and moved Upward Hex 46. Funny thing though I've decided to settle in the city, well the outskirts of it anyway.
I've got a lot of help from others but mostly my oldest son and his wife, who in the past haven't been so helpful, but I must admit the dynamic of our relationship has changed a lot since I've become a lot more confident and my depression has passed.
In the last couple of days I've found a great place to live although a bit expensive but the city is expensive and today I went for a job interview (after many) that seems very favourable in offering me a job, will find out next week for sure. I'm just starting another thread to ask about it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).