...life can be translucent

Menu

Conflict

A

ann

There are times when I wonder about the answers I get
crazy.gif

I came back from a lovely holiday to find that my little fledgling company's largest customer has gone mad. The client is a well known multinational. We deliver training courses and consultancy on a particular skill set for them, and our work has always achieved their highest level of satisfaction as measured by them.
But ... when I got back from holiday, their Procurement people have:

Announced they want to pay less for our services, although we already charge a very reasonable price which represents a bargain price to them.

Refused to pay some outstanding invoices (it's now 3rd quarter, so shaving bottom line)

Asked for a whole load more work, got us started on the process, now demanding a lower price.

I've been asking Yi how to handle this and been getting lots of 'mountain' answers, usually about doing nothing but keeping still and letting higher power work on it.

But now I have to act because they want me to speak to them. I asked how to deal with their procurement people, and got #6, changing in 3 and 4 to 57.

This situation is very important to me as much on a personal development level as on a purely financial one. The tactics this company is using are horrid, but the irony is that actually working with them is a pleasure. I'd have asked Hilary for a longer reading, but she's on holiday, so if anyone can throw some light on the 'conflict' part I'd be grateful.

Thank you!

Ann
sad.gif

chrislofting

(deceased)
Reaction score
Ann,

Your wrote:
> But now I have to act because they want me to speak to them.
> I asked how to deal with their procurement people, and got
> #6, changing in 3 and 4 to 57.
>
> This situation is very important to me as much on a personal
> development level as on a purely financial one. The tactics
> this company is using are horrid, but the irony is that
> actually working with them is a pleasure. I'd have asked
> Hilary for a longer reading, but she's on holiday, so if
> anyone can throw some light on the 'conflict' part I'd be
> grateful.
>

06 is about compromise. Meeting half way but in a formal context. the current details for 06 from my "Hexagram Notes" page:

"SUNG : dispute, plead in court, contend before a ruler, demand justice; wrangles, quarrels, litigation. The ideogram: words and public, public disputation."

"In the binary sequence hexagram 06 pairs with hexagram 47.
This pairing reflects an overall sense of being contained, as in legal containment (hexagram 06) and social containment (hexagram 47).

In the binary sequence hexagram 06 opposes hexagram 36.
This pairing covers the issues of compromise, as expressed in the need for compromise expressed in hexagram 06 compared to a focus on being uncompromising (as well as being the object of the uncompromising) expressed in hexagram 36.

At the LOCAL level we are dealing with an octet of hexagrams with the WATER trigram as base. In this sequence hexagram 06, the focus upon compromising, 'opposes' hexagram 07, the focus on uniformity, a military-like solution over a legal solution. More so, the exaggerated sense of compromise, of not giving an inch but nore taking any, is reflected in a more balanced format through a focus on establishing uniformity.

In the traditional sequence hexagram 06 pairs with hexagram 05.
This pairing reflects the requirements of needing to 'compromise' in development, either through the waiting for the 'right' moment, but also to use the time to nurture relationships useful later (hexagram 05), or through the need to formally compromise as done in legal situations where we meet 'the enemy' half-way, no more and no less (hexgram 06).

In the traditional sequence hexagram 06 opposes hexagram 59.
This pairing from the traditional sequence reflects the total focus in hexagram 59 on dispelling all illusions as compared to the need to compromise (hexagram 06).

The generic properties of hexagram 06 reflect the mixing of the generic properties of hexagram 47 mixed with the generic properties of hexagram 58.
Hexagram 47 has the generic property of pressure to conform, achieved through being fenced-in and so forced to integrate with the context, combined with the generic properties of hexagram 58 manifest in self-reflection and intensity in expression.

In the variations on a theme sequence, hexagram 06 complements hexagram 10.
This pairing reflects compromise in the need for self-discipline expressed in the conduct required in hexagram 10, and the formal discipline imposed by a social legal system."

As for the change, 06 to 57 it is:

(a) as a warning: in the process of compromise be wary of trying to be too influencing, too cultivating.

(b) as a change: that a context of formal compromising shifts to a focus on cultivating the relationship to become influencial.

Chris.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Ann,

You wrote "The tactics this company is using are horrid, but the irony is that actually working with them is a pleasure."

I wondered if this means that some people of the company behave horrid (the financial people?) while others (those with which you work more directly?) are cooperative and nice.
Is it possible to talk with the cooperative people? Maybe they have some influence.

I ask this because I feel that 6 to 57 hints at something like that.
Hex 6 says that you probably cannot win in a direct confrontation (with the financial department?) but 57 suggests that a soft approach (through the cooperative people?) might be beneficial.
The answer seems to say: do no fight with the enemies, seek help from your friends (in that company).

I hope this makes sense,

Martin

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Ann

I think this reading goes along with what was discussed the other day in the sense that there is a need for some compromise, "the ridgepoll bends..."

"Seek not works can refer to accepting a "behind the throne" position, not worrying about any glory for ourselves. "Just get the job done." Line four tells us we cannot engage in conflict, we are in an inferior position. #57 tells us to use gentle persuasion to solve the problem. You may have compromise on this, but I think the result will be better than direct confrontation.

Gene

malka

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Ann,

I don't have anything specific to offer you in terms of understanding what the Yi is saying, but I do hold you in my thoughts as you move through this difficult time. I commend you for the effort to be mindful about your choices and your handling of the situation. I suspect this will hold well for you.

Blessings,
Malka

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).