...life can be translucent

Menu

conflict

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Hello there...I asked Yi to give me its thoughts on the conflict within myself, and I got hexagram 49.2.3 > 58. I'm a little confused, because as far as I can see the two changes in 49 seem to contradict one another. (I mean, I know I asked about the conflict within myself, but come on!)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
In order to resolve conflict, one must choose one of two paths, or find a third path that trancends or integrates the two (or three or however many). 49 is about casting away that which is hindering, and about discerning the appropriate timing. Don't jump the gun, or you'll make things worse (perhaps by second guessing yourself later?). When the time is right, you'll know what you need to do - don't pass up the opportunity.

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
49.2 > 43
An opportunity for change presents itself. A hero (or ideal, or Higher Self) is sought out. The time is right to cast away the old. A strong break with the past is made.

43.3> 58
"To be powerful in the cheekbones brings misfortune...
He walks alone and is caught in the rain.
And people murmur against him..."

This is the lone cry of the reformer. He is different. He has another view of the world. He is not to blame, though. He is reviled by others, despite being correct. 43.3. changes to 58, communication, exchange.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
thanks rinda, autumn. I need to investigate or clarify for myself the "correctness" of my path, which has caused some discord. Or are the "reformer" and the "others" both simply aspects of myself, I wonder?

Autumn, I once posted a thread about a question I asked yi about someone else; you read it and said the message was intended for me, not this other. Usually I can intuit when this is so -- or at least I kind of think I can, and I rarely ask about others becuase of this uncertainty. But you seemed pretty clear in your feeling, and I was wondering if you had any guidance on the idea of asking yi about other people and their motivations/feelings/etc.? Your comments are always incredibly insightful and helpful, just thought I'd toss that out in case you had some spare brainpower today. Thanks to both you and Rinda!

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
You can, sure, but it gets really tough to interpret the meaning of the reading the further away from being the "subject" of the reading you go with your questions. If your question isn't clear then the meaning of your reading can be unintelligible- especially if all of the factors in the reading haven't been explained.

That's why the best answers involving other relationships specifiy- Ok, this reading is about the relationship, (the relationship is the subject), and this reading is about me in the relationship, and this reading is about the other person in the relationship.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
questions or answers?

autumn said:
That's why the best answers involving other relationships specifiy- Ok, this reading is about the relationship, (the relationship is the subject), and this reading is about me in the relationship, and this reading is about the other person in the relationship.

Autumn, did you mean best "answers" or best "questions"? I'm still very foggy on whether even very specific questions about other people have any merit, or whether yi gives you answers only about yourself and what you can do in a given situation.

It's easy for me to WANT to believe that yi is telling you what another person's situation or feelings really are; more often than not it seems to tell me what this person means to ME in a given situation and how I should deal with that.

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Best answers. You definitely can and do get insight into others when you ask specifically for an image of their mind toward you or within your relationship, but it isn't the same as having a crystal ball that spies on their innermost thoughts. Instead, it's usually what you need to know about how they feel about you, and those answers can be quite candid.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Ahh, now I see what you mean. It's about context.

Muchos gracias...

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Okay, so I asked (how could I not) for a picture of a person's mind in the context of our relationship, which is only a memory now. It didn't end because we wanted it to end, it was an impossible situation that caused much hurt.

She's moved on, and I'm trying to -- and believe me, yi's telling me to. But I had to ask, and yi gave me 24.1.3.4.6 > 56. I'm all ears, kind souls...
A lot of changes.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"...I asked Yi to give me its thoughts on the conflict within myself, and I got hexagram 49.2.3 > 58."

Hex 49.2 you have now reached a point where change is absolutely necessary, so think and prepare yourself, then commit to action.

Hex 49.3 think very carefully about your situation, don't rush into anything without thinking but don't hestite too long either, so when the time is right go for it, make that change to your life and thinking.

Hex 58 you must be inwardly strong in order to find the joy that you are seeking, and to be outwardly relaxed. So live you life as it comes, find pleasure in your daily routine, then your inner conflict will fade away. You must not rely on others, it is down to you to help yourself. Stop chasing after things, find peace within yourself, have faith in yourself, then you can share with others and find happiness.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
" I had to ask, and yi gave me 24.1.3.4.6 > 56."

I suppose that your question is asking about your ex friend and how she feels etc?

Hex 24.1 she feels that the relationship caused her to stray, it was a mistake and now she regrets it.

Hex 24.3 I suppose she looks back now and again on what she once had but this line of thinking is no good for her so she should keep to her decision.

Hex 24.4 she has outgrow you, therefore she now goes her own way in life, she believes what she is doing is correct and now prefers to be single.

Hex 24.6 she has missed a few good oportunities because she took the wrong path, now she must wait for the right time to come around again for her.

Hex 56 she is now like a traveller, unsettled and uncertain what the future holds for her. She is in a period of change both internal and external, it is a time of learning. She is being cautious and exploring her new way of living, trying out new experiences, learning to fend for herself, all the time ready to meet new people, new ideas etc.

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
The question was, 'what was her mind' at the time the relationship ended. Like I said, it will be much more clear if this is interpreted along with a reading on the relationship at the time that it ended and your mind at the time the relationship ended.

Very generally, 24 is about going back to a new cycle. Perhaps think of it as a "reset to zero" button. The image is (generally) a picture of her voluntarily withdrawing from her bond and moving on. The first line suggests your relationship did not last long. The middle lines suggest hidden feelings and a commitment to duty. The last line suggests a feeling of deep loss and hopelessness. The whole process has been completed and she has walked away from it in the way you walk away from a deep hurt you have no wish to return to (56).

I warn you, though- you are concentrating only on her role, and that's the wrong road to go down, because this is going to lead to more focus and more questions on what was going on with her when it may be more helpful to you to look at the whole picture.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
autumn, i see your points re concentrating only on her role; it's true of this particular question, though not in general; then again, perhaps concentrating on her this way at all may be a big mistake for someone who says he's trying to repent and move on.

Many thanks to you and Willowfox as well for the thoughts.

J

jesed

Hi mercury

I would suggest you another aproach

a) General Diagnosis of my emotional time
b) Diagnosis of my concrete situation related to this ended relation
c) How can I improve my emotional life

Best wishes

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Jesed, thanks. I'll definetely try this. I appreciate the thoughts.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).