...life can be translucent

Menu

Help with my pizza delivery

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I ordered a pizza about an hour ago, but it still hasn't shown up.

So I consulted the Yi, and I drew Hex 12.

Can you help me with this?

jte

visitor
Reaction score
It didn't show up - that's the bad news. :)

- Jeff

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
'Great going, small coming.'
You'll get thinner.

bea123

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro, whatever happened to your pizza? I'm dying to know...

S

seeker

Its still at the pizza place, the driver forgot your order???

S

seeker

wait, you mean u didnt get 35.4
happy.gif

hawaii

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro ur an idiot. If you insult the oracle w/bs like that, you tend to create bad karma for urself (I sincerely hope not)

matt

visitor
Reaction score
Karma exists in the mind of only those who believe it.

Dobro makes a good point, intuitive decision making tackling the surrender of intuitive decision making.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Hawaii - "Dobro ur an idiot. If you insult the oracle w/bs like that, you tend to create bad karma for urself (I sincerely hope not)"

Hawaii, thanks for pointing that out. It's really important to know how to use the oracle with intelligence and appropriacy; it's equally important not to engage in 'oracle abuse'. I mean, aside from the karmic issues involved, the oracle will simply stop working for you. At least, that's my understanding. Thanks again.

B

bruce

Ah, so Val was right and I was naive. Normally I really dislike the "passive agressive" term, but if the shoe fits, et al. Shame on me.
paperbag.gif

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Dobro...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

the oracle will simply stop working for you.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> That may be true for you. It's not true for everyone. I know because it's not true for me.

If they don't tell me what I want to know, if they tell me what I need to know instead, if they don't perform within the parameters YiJing 'aficionados' have set for them, the oracle always works for me.

When the oracle seems not to be working for me, it's simply because I'm not listening.

Love,

Val

M

micheline

In my experience, the oracle is kind, compassionate, and patient. truthful always.

YET, i will say if I question TOO much, the answers can get muddy and maybe even nonsensical, not too meaningful for me.

Someone here once said the Yi "went silent" for them for a period of time. I can understand that. I think it could happen in extraordinary circumstances...a lesson to be learned? Maybe only the "oldest" souls would experience that on rare occasions?

but if Dobro is saying that there are some questions not worthy of the Yi's time or response, I would say I disagree also. If I REALLY asked about a delinquent pizza delivery, 12 would tell me the guy was in traffic or something similar. It would not be giving me 12 as a way to say "I won't answer that question" because no question is too silly if you really really want to know.

also, if people are new to the I Ching (or even not so new) and they ask here for help with an intepretation, that can be a good thing. Because they get the voice of all the many "seasoned" diviners who speak from a familiarity with many texts and personal experiences.

That said, There is nothing that can beat the process of developing one's own relationship with divination...collecting texts, asking and intuiting, getting a personal feel for hexagrams and how they speak to your heart. Somebody else's read can be a jumpstart, but it cannot replace the kind of KNOWING you start to experience when the Yi becomes your own personal friend and guide.

This board has added deeper flavor and more amazing color to my interpretations, but my most poignant readings are a matter between me and my guide...it all lines up - mind, body, emotion/ spirit - like the windows on a slot machine. JACKPOT. It's a treasure.

M

micheline

Oh, when questioning too much, I have also gotten on numerous occasions: 21.6
which to me usually means YOU ARE NOT LISTENING, DINGBAT!

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
the oracle cant break, all the moving parts are in your own brain.

one purpose of the oracle is to strip away personal peconceptions of meanings. we may indeed build layers of interpertation to protect our egos from the truth. its my faith that the oracle properly studied will break these down too eventually. when dealing with other interperters you can run up against their temporary prejudices, but all and all multiple interpertations can open new avenues
all the lines have internal and external links simultaeously. the process of sorting these connections out, really leads to insight

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
It got used as an example of how not to deliver pizza.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro,

why do you think that the Yi gets annoyed or refuses to reply if you ask 'frivolous' questions?

I ask a lot of questions, many of them not very important and I always, or almost always, get meaningful responses..

In fact, I just asked.. should I post that question? and guess what I got: 35.4->23
I don't care what it means, I think it's very funny..
happy.gif

jte

visitor
Reaction score
That *is* funny. Careful, the technique is catching.

- Jeff

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Jeff,

I don't know what you mean by the technique.. in case you think I made it up, I did get 35.4

I think the Yi thinks it's funny too..
happy.gif

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Oh don't worry, I believe you 100% LA. :)

The technique, IMO, was Dobro's approach when he started asking these funky questions of his. I think he kept getting 35.4 as a reflection of what he was doing at the time.

(IOW, IMO 35.4 represented *what he was doing* - posting these seemingly trivial questions in a roundabout effort to ... well, to do whatever he was trying to do by posting them (I'm still not clear on that)).

And yes, I do agree with you that your answer was ye olde Yi sense of humor cropping up...

- Jeff

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Well, this is interesting now because, from the very start, I have believed that Dobro did not really ask those questions and did not get those answers. I think he was just kidding.. I think..

He's awfully quiet now but I wish he would clarify that.. am I too.. cynical?? Will you, Dobro??

B

bruce

laughin softly here... Angel, I did exactly what you're now doing RE: 35.4. I started a thread in Open Space on 35.4. Then without realizing it, I myself had become 35.4: questioning, requisitioning, looking here and there... like a busy little mouse.
footinmouth.gif
lol.gif

It's hard not to put a Personage behind the Yi. There's more to humor than neuron reflexes. It still astounds me.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, the thread with the stealth bomber and the squeaky squirrel.. (looked it up just now)
biggrin.gif

So, the Yi was trying to tell me something, maybe to not be a busy little mouse.. hmmm..

I do wonder if Dobro had a reason for picking this line or if he did it at... random! I predict that.. he won't tell!

5305.jpg

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Lightangel - I didn't really ask those questions of the Yi. I used the 35.4 line because my understanding of it is a little bit along the lines of the Yi telling you: "Oh come on - get real - shape up!"

Which is how I feel when people use the oracle for things they could figure out either on their own or by asking somebody else who knows. Things like: "Am I pregnant?" or "What does my girlfriend *really* feel about me?"

When I posted the series of four threads, I was just having fun. So when I started to see how seriously some people were taking what I was posting, I was amazed - I thought it would be obvious I was cracking jokes. Or perhaps being funny is actually passive aggressive behavior. Dunno. I thought it was just being funny.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Well, to me it was obvious that you were having fun, but maybe it was because of the way I "saw" the threads, like all at one time. But I can see how if somebody sees the first one, on its own, they might think it's for real, and then they see the next one, and only by the time they get to the fourth one they might start thinking this is strange..

I thought it was funny.
happy.gif

But I still think that you can ask any question you like of the Yi and you might get a response that is valid in some way. Maybe there are different Yis for different people (I know that has been speculated in this forum). Maybe my Yi is nicer than your Yi!
biggrin.gif
. It played along with you and gave me a 35.4 when I asked about this.

I didn't follow the "passive aggressive" bit but I don't think being funny is passive aggressive. I think funny is good. But.. what about your pizza.. did you really get 12???
lol.gif

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think Yi answers any question, even when you ask many times, but it depends on you if you get the answer. If you think you are doing something wrong, or if you don't believe Yi will answer silly questions, or whatever other reason to doubt the answer, then no answer will make sense.

LiSe

luz

visitor
Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense to me. Maybe you need to be a little 'innocent'.. just enough to believe that you can get an answer.

I can look at it as if I'm talking to a friend. I might ask my friend: "Am I pregnant?" and they most likely won't say "get a pregnancy test" or they will say that but they will also understand the anxiety or the desire behind my question.. and they'll address that in a supportive way. A little later I might ask the question again and they might laugh with me or repeat the words of support they just said.. that's what you would expect from a friend.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).