...life can be translucent

Menu

Yijing for trading

triple3

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope that I'm in the right place for this question. :)

Question 1
Today before the UK PPI was out, I asks the Yi what will happen if I buy the British Pound at 1.9900. And the result I got was 23.4 changing to 35

23.J - Splitting apart, it does not furthur one to go anywhere
23.I - The image of SPLITTING APART
23.4 - The bed is split up to the skin. Misfortune

The primary hexagram does not bode well (that is what I think)

As for the secondary hexagram 35 - Progress
I'm totally lost on it. Don't seem to understand what the Yi is trying to tell me.

I stayed out of the trade.

Question 2
Is there a right or wrong question to ask before one enters into a trade? eg
What if I buy x at price x? or sell x at price x
What is happening to the USD/GBP/EUR etc (ask before any economic news release)
Or can one ask a specific question such as "What is happening to the US TICS result" (this would seem more like asking the Yi to predict the result the authorities won't consider this as insider trading with help from the Yi :D )

I did a search and found some excellent Q & A in the forums. Esp one here
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=1915&highlight=trading
Unfortunately, Pam didn't write any book giving ideas to seek the oracle for trade decisions. :(

triple3

visitor
Reaction score
Well, cable has broken above the 15 year highs as of writing.

B

bruce_g

Is there a right or wrong question to ask before one enters into a trade?

I don't believe anyone can rightly answer this question directly. The intelligence working behind the Yi is so vast that it can answer any question put to it. I have no doubt of that. The question is: would it really be in your best interest to know? I don't mean the small immediate self profiting interest, but the bigger interest. That always seems to be the criteria.

B

bruce_g

"Stripping the rest(ingplace) by superficiality. Pitfall.

Living restless, without depth or meaning, life is insignificant and one is prone to irreversible mistakes and faults, and even destruction. Search beyond the outer skin for only there the heart's rest can be found." LiSe

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Question 1
Today before the UK PPI was out, I asks the Yi what will happen if I buy the British Pound at 1.9900. And the result I got was 23.4 changing to 35."

Hex 23.4 says that you are faced with misfortune, the trade is against you today, you face a loss.

Hex 35 progress, the answer suggests two things, first you have not lost any money and the second idea is that the pound will get stronger during the ensuing weeks. Which is correct, you tell us.

I thought that the pound got slightly stronger today the 16th of April, am I reading the rates correctly?

Last edited:

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi there,

If you want to read about someone that successfully uses the Yi for trading, go to Allan Lian's blog.

Luis

triple3

visitor
Reaction score
"Question 1
Today before the UK PPI was out, I asks the Yi what will happen if I buy the British Pound at 1.9900. And the result I got was 23.4 changing to 35."

Hex 23.4 says that you are faced with misfortune, the trade is against you today, you face a loss.

Hex 35 progress, the answer suggests two things, first you have not lost any money and the second idea is that the pound will get stronger during the ensuing weeks. Which is correct, you tell us.

I thought that the pound got slightly stronger today the 16th of April, am I reading the rates correctly?

Yes you are correct on the rate. Was ranging between 1.9830 - 1.9890 pre PPI release and went up to highs of 1.9940 after the release, currently trading around 1.9905 - 1.9930 :)

triple3

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there,

If you want to read about someone that successfully uses the Yi for trading, go to Allan Lian's blog.

Luis
Hi Luis,

Thanks for the links, I was there last week had a hard time searching for some of his old posts talking about "Three types of change" which he said was posted in 2005. ugh!

Will have to try again. :)

triple3

visitor
Reaction score
"Stripping the rest(ingplace) by superficiality. Pitfall.

Living restless, without depth or meaning, life is insignificant and one is prone to irreversible mistakes and faults, and even destruction. Search beyond the outer skin for only there the heart's rest can be found." LiSe

Thanks bruce. :)

L

lightofreason

(1) use the binary sequence to measure market energy. If things go beyond Fire/Lake border then it is moving into the realm of hubris and one needs to know their stuff, so safer to sell. If it moves below the Water/Mountain border then we are into relaying on other people (advisers etc) so that can be an issue, better to sell since the bottom could fall out. The range of trading is therefore between water and fire, buy low (water/wind) sell high (thunder/fire). No big kills here, steady development is the focus, stick to P/E values around 10.

(2) if you need to make a 'killing' then live the life of exchange, cooperative/competitive (lake/heaven) - lots of confidence to the point of hubris, lots of testing skills, BIG losses but also BIG wins - depends on how risk oriented you are (but then there are stop orders available for some security) - lots of charisma, show biz, but also need lots of mediation skills to get all information (or more so the quality information, the differences that make differencies)

(3) to get serious read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street". ;-) do both fundamental analysis and technical analysis (the latter can elicit local gains but in the long run can fiz - knowing your companies, their psychology, assets, etc helps long term - in a monetary exhange focus the company is the country sourcing the money (US$, Euro, Ossie $ etc)

Derivatives can be 'exciting' but they can also cost you your house etc.

(4) If you 'day trade' it is a different ball game in that they read the technical analysis material and as such implement the methods and so create their own market based on those patterns - regardless of 'truth' / fundamental analysis! What i mean is they can CREATE the patterns of technical analysis since they BELIEVE it all works. That is exploitable but one needs to spot the day-trade crowd, see what they are focused upon and watch their game unfold, looking for an opportunity where they are blinded by the method and so cannot see outside of their 'rule/play book'.

As I wrote in (1) you can use the IC to guage the energy of the market and work from there (and use questions to then refine your skills - once you develop your trading skills so your insights can be better than using magical/random methods)

... and dont get greedy in that any 'honeypot' soon attracts bears such that an anolomy one is profiting from can soon be neutralised - the most informed and/or early bird makes the quick profits from some anomaly in that the market soon adjusts to restore some balance. On the other hand, a market collapse means pickings when the crash has bottomed out and so the 'late bird' benefits!

Have fun.

Chris.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).