Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Path of Return

Default Path of Return

Well, since I've been in front of the computer most of the day today, I'll throw one of my own questions in for good measure and that was:

Am I on the "path of Return"? ( this was regarding my life in general)

57.2 > 53

I took that to mean a "yes" provided I get to the root of the problems and work on those elusive, negative influences - pesky little devils

Appreciate any other renderings of this line.

Topal

Topal:

Another aspect comes from Karcher. He's written about this line:

"What partakes of both natural and spiritual realities will open the way."

It sounds to me like a call for you to use your instincts in the process....

Best,

Miakoda

bruce_g Guest

Sounds like you're doing diligence, Topal.

Have you referred to LiSe's 57 on this? I find her 57 clarifying, and quite a bit different from other renderings. If nothing else it may assist your work in regard to what it is you are returning to.

Topal,
    This is a very fine reply. When you speak of Return I am supposing you mean return to the Essential, ones nature. I think it was one of the Chinese masters who said "He who accords with his nature and acts with ease is a sage." I think that is all we need to do and the rest will take care of itself.

Line two is an affirmation that you are embodying the middle way, the great center. Don't know your personal history, but there is also a hint that you may well need to fall back on outside help (priests and magicians i.e.therapist or counselor of some sort.) Also it wouldn't hurt to read hexagram 24, since you used its name in your question.

Best regards,

Ken Wanamaker

Default Post Script

I think I need to include a post script to my reply to topal and with this quote
    I took that to mean a "yes"
    I think that where matters of spirituality and self-development are concerned we can't say with finality that 'yes' we are on the right path. Self-development is a process of perpetual on-goingness. We can't give ourselves airs that we have arrived since there are ever higher relations to ourselves that we can attain to. I think that the reply is stating that at the time of the question you were on good ground, but it is important not to presume upon that lest we start to coast and find ourselves on the bad side of hexagram 29. Don't know where you stand in your understanding of this but I thought I would mention it. You might also want to ask, at this juncture, what you might be doing to further your continuance on the path of return. If you are at all given to prayer you might pray: If I am on the path of Return I pray to be sustained on it. if I have strayed I pray to return to it.

This is why the oracle is so valuable. One has a little "Checkpoint Charlie" to monitor where one is at.

Best regards,

KW

Hex 57.2 says that you still have to sort out the problem of others who seem to be acting against you, so before you proceed any further root out all opposition because the last thing you need right now is secret or known enemies.

Hex 53 Patience, take it slow and steady, gradually creep up on your goal.

"Another aspect comes from Karcher. He's written about this line:
    'What partakes of both natural and spiritual realities will open the way.'
    It sounds to me like a call for you to use your instincts in the process...."

Thanks Maikoda. Yes instincts, intuitions and plain old persistence and diligence as Bruce mentioned. Been coming out of a depression and this is not an easy thing. But of course, it was never meant to be. LiSe's work has been very helpful in that regard.

Ken:

"This is a very fine reply. When you speak of Return I am supposing you mean return to the Essential, ones nature. I think it was one of the Chinese masters who said "He who accords with his nature and acts with ease is a sage." I think that is all we need to do and the rest will take care of itself."

Ah, but if it were that easy we'd all be "in accord with Nature" But yes, you're correct, I am speaking of returning to my path (whatever that is) both in terms of my nature and destiny - for want of a better set of labels. The rest can "take care of itself", only when we are seeing clearly and not sinking into self-directed BS as we are all prone to do. I'm not seeking perfection here, but I'm still making life difficult for myself by refusing to let go of the past. Patience is not one of my greater strengths nor is being a wallflower which seems to be the required response at this time.

"Line two is an affirmation that you are embodying the middle way, the great center. Don't know your personal history, but there is also a hint that you may well need to fall back on outside help (priests and magicians i.e.therapist or counselor of some sort.) Also it wouldn't hurt to read hexagram 24, since you used its name in your question."

Good Advice. I have to say I don't feel like I'm walking the middle way. But it would be great to think so. Help is not necessary in the therapist sense, but sharing here is probably enough right now.

24 was actually a preceding answer from another day which prompted this question.

Thanks Ken,

Topal

Quote Originally Posted by magictortoise View Post
    I think that where matters of spirituality and self-development are concerned we can't say with finality that 'yes' we are on the right path. Self-development is a process of perpetual on-goingness. We can't give ourselves airs that we have arrived since there are ever higher relations to ourselves that we can attain to.
    Very true. No, I'm under no illusions on that score. Finding the REAL self can take a lifetime, but to getting back on the path of access as it were is all part of that...But yes, you're right - work in progress.

I think that the reply is stating that at the time of the question you were on good ground, but it is important not to presume upon that lest we start to coast and find ourselves on the bad side of hexagram 29.
    I still think I'm at the bottom of 29, but it is teaching me something valuable about unknowns, facing fears and learning to scale the walls out of that pit. 57 and 29 can certainly go together. Getcha meaning though. I think it can all too easily fill up with mud!

Don't know where you stand in your understanding of this but I thought I would mention it. You might also want to ask, at this juncture, what you might be doing to further your continuance on the path of return. If you are at all given to prayer you might pray: If I am on the path of Return I pray to be sustained on it. if I have strayed I pray to return to it.
    This is why the oracle is so valuable. One has a little "Checkpoint Charlie" to monitor where one is at.
    Sound advice. It is a question of reaffirming as you say, and sticking to what I know to be true rather than the transitory. I'd be fairly lost with the IC, I have to say.

Thanks again for your input Ken,

Topal

Quote Originally Posted by willowfox View Post
    Hex 57.2 says that you still have to sort out the problem of others who seem to be acting against you, so before you proceed any further root out all opposition because the last thing you need right now is secret or known enemies.

Hex 53 Patience, take it slow and steady, gradually creep up on your goal.
    Ain't that the truth!

Thanks WF.

Topal

Default really good news.

Great to hear the Yi is giving you a thumbs up! Keep on peeking below the bed lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast