Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cejudesc's new post signature - all ideas considered

Default Cejudesc's new post signature - all ideas considered

Ok, roll up roll up, suggestions needed for cejudesc's new post signature.

At present it is: "What do I know? (Plus variations on this theme)

Let's have some Brainstorming....

I'll get the ball rolling with:

"Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences." - Norman Cousins.

Ok it's not the most exciting but what do I know?

Topal

Again.. now more explicit...

you are assuming this expression is nothing else but a "signature". It isn't.

But nice exercise, anyway

Other suggestions are welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by cejudesc View Post
    Again.. now more explicit...

you are assuming this expression is nothing else but a "signature". It isn't.

But nice exercise, anyway

Well, hold on a second. I never said it was nothing else but a signature. (I could have given that impression though I'll admit) But I understand it is an expression of who you are, and want you would like to convey. Perhaps it is even a little spark of your essence?

So, it is even more important that you don't illicit the opposite of what you wish. But hey, if you want to keep it I guess I could get used to it - I think.

Topal
    Last edited by topal; June 8th, 2007 at 12:16 AM.

It isn't an expression of who I am... it doens't imply any attempt to convey anything to others... and absolutely nothing to do with my essence.

And I'm relive you can live with the fact that others can go with their own ways. let's hope so
    Last edited by cejudesc; June 8th, 2007 at 12:27 AM.

It isn't an expression of who I am... it doens't imply any attempt to convey anithing to others... and absolutely nothing to do with my essence.

And I'm relive you can live with the fact that others can go with their own ways. let's hope so
    When you post to a Forum, you are, by default conveying something of yourself. And so far, from your signature, the fact you chose that expression says something about you whether you like it or not.

I also find it very hard to believe that you are not wishing to convey something with that usage. If there is no connection - or rather no attempt to convey anything - why not use: "A Ferret in slippers skips over the Kettle"? it comes to the same thing.

In a forum - at least this kind of forum - there are certain modes of conduct which mean you think of others - preferably before yourself. So, your technicalisms and any other formula you/we wish to employ may give us satisfaction, but if folks become irritated with it regardless of the intent, then "letting others go their own way" must sometimes have limits.

But again, as I said before if you wish to keep your technicalism please do so. We'll survive...

Topal
    Last edited by topal; June 8th, 2007 at 12:41 AM.

I agree about "When you post to a Forum, you are, by default conveying something of yourself. And so far, from your signature, the fact you chose that expression says something about you whether you like it or not", but the tricky part is:

MY USE OF THAT EXPRESSION IS NOT AS SIGNATURE (maybe with capitals you can read this); If this expression is a signature, then it would be used to end every post; isn't?

The use of that expression is not to convey anything to others; is a tecnicality to my own person and my work; and has nothing to do with promote lack of ego (ego is PART of human being.. no ego ==> not human being)

If you need that I use a signature (a "little spark" of what I think is my essence) that would be: "somos lo que hacemos para dejar de ser lo que somos" (I hope Luis can help me with this translation into English)

Now, as you said: if you get irritated, that is inside you; and that would be your work to find out what's inside you that make you resonate with irritation.

Otherwise, If I has broke any "mode of conduct" in this forum, please teach me. What Clarity's rule I broke whit that expression?, please quote that rule for me.

Hi Cejudesc,

Don't pay much attention or take us too seriously. We like to pull each other's legs, once in a while. I do most of that, by the way... (Of course, I'm very charming and handsome and that helps a lot...)

If you need that I use a signature (a "little spark" of what I think is my essence) that would be: "somos lo que hacemos para dejar de ser lo que somos" (I hope Luis can help me with this translation into English)
    Now, I would translate what you said as:

We are that which we do in order to cease being what we are.

Geeze, that was a tricky saying to translate... Although I understood it in Spanish, of course, I'm not sure it will make sense in English.

L

Yes... tricky one to translate, charm and gentle knight. Thanks a lot.

That quote is from Eduardo Galeano. I guess that name is familiar to you, isn't?

Yes... tricky one to translate, charm and gentle knight. Thanks a lot.

That quote is from Eduardo Galeano. I guess that name is familiar to you, isn't?
    Of course, how could I not know him? He is my "paisano"...

L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast