...life can be translucent

Menu

First Post--hoping for deeper understanding

maiajay

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post to this board, though I have been reading the hexagram archives regulary and find many of them helpful. What a wonderful forum--the generosity with which so many of you share your wisdom is humbling.
I am not new to the I Ching but do consider myself a beginner in terms of understanding the subtleties of the various translations. My beloved father, who transitioned from this plane March 9, 2006,was a life-long student of the I Ching and I was exposed to the oracle at a very young age. I worked with it for some years in my 20's, intermittently wihen I was in need of counsel. After his crossing I started to consult again regulary, for various reasons, one being that I often feel him close by when I do.
Not sure why today is that day that I am compelled to post as I have considered it many times in the last couple of months...Perhaps my frustration levels, both with the condition I am dealing with and with my lack of clarity around the Yi's responses to my questions, have just reached a point....
A bit of background on the situation about which I have been consulting the Yi (and boy have I been consulting...) In breif, I have been experiencing a rare (and frankly, bizarre) physical condtion for the past three months. I want to emphasize that it is not life threatening and that I have been to the doctor and received their diagnosis. It is what the western medical profession calls a "self-limiting condition" which means that it clears up on its own...Statistics say sometime within a year, though there are rare cases where this persists indefinitely. I also want to add that I am relating to this condition multi-dimensionally and from different angles. I feel that this showing up physically is an expression of a much deeper process that is occuring within me and I vasciallate between accepting that it may just need to run its course and feeling so challenged by it that like there must be something(s) that I can do to help it along.
All of that said, today I asked the Yi several questions. If any of you feel inspired to respond and assist me in understanding these readings I would feel so appreciative.

What do I need to know about this condition to support it in resolving?
53.4.6 changing to 31

What can I do to help myself with this situation?
25.2 changing to 10

Why is this condition persisting?
56.1 to 30

Until this completes, how can I cope?
9 no changing lines

With thanks in advance to any who respond,
maiajay

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
What do I need to know about this condition to support it in resolving?
53.4.6 changing to 31
It needs to run its course naturally, and right now you are at a plateau. Ultimately, it will resolve itself completely. embrace this fact.
The "attraction factor" implied in 31 seems to be something you are aware of already.

25.2 changing to 10
Don't try to help yourself with this, and don't get snagged by it. Just keep your balance and ride it out.

Why is this condition persisting?
56.1 to 30
It's part of a journey, temporary..you're confused by it, but dwelling on it too much keeps it alive. keep moving

Until this completes, how can I cope?
9 no changing lines
what do you do when you want to go out and play but it keeps drizzling? Find some pleasant pasttimes, tend to the small details in your life, pay attention to your dreams

With thanks in advance to any who respond,
maiajay

Good Luck and best wishes

maiajay

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, for "Listening," Listener,
I'd seen your name on the board but now it has a new meaning for me :)
I guess those responses are pretty clear, huh? Every day with this feels like a test, so I am challenged to accept what I am being told, but it is also good to know that I have been hearing the Yi all along, just not really liking it...I have kept hoping, especially on really difficult days, that there is some key to this that I am just missing.
Still I feel VERY comforted by the surety in your interpretation that this is temporary...(And of course time is relative...)
Can you say a little more about the "attraction factor?"
Peace,
maiajay

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Maiajay,
Well, the "attraction factor" is just a speculation on my part. You said it seemed to you as if the condition were indicative of something on a deeper level.....and I suppose everything we encounter in the physical world has a counterpart in the unseen realms. Does a secretly "pissed-off" person attract bladder problems? Maybe! I don't think it always so easy to connect the dots.

BUt in these reponses, it seems to me that what you experience is some kind of natural unfolding that needs to be let to run its course. I had a friend who was on very healthy cleansing diet and she broke out in a terrible rash all over her body. It looked awful, but she accepted it as her body's way of eliminating toxins. simultaneously, she experienced "blistering emotions" about her marriage. BUt she let it all pass, didnt get embroiled in any unnecessary marital battles, and kept steady with her diet, and eventually, she came through with clear skin again and a less tense relationship.

your reply to "why it persists" is pretty clear. The wanderer in line one is impatient to know everything at once, and 30 says this adds fuel to the fire. The wanderer needs to be patient and humble, repsectful of the process he is in. And 25 is telling you to be innocent about the underlying causes, in other words...don't try to figure it out, let it be for now.
53.6 is a good line to embrace too. You will come out ahead of the game. the natural devlopment of this will be cause for you to celebrate.

I think your readings are straightforward and thats such a good thing!

Thats really nice too that you feel close to your dad when using the I Ching. A very nice connection.

Peace to you!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I am seeing 56.1 as indicating some sort of parasite, like a "Wanderer" that some how has found your body to be a compatible host and is requiring you to give it much more attention than you would think a teensy bug deserves.
30. "Care of the Cow" suggests to me that you have to give more care to your physical body than you ordinarily might.

I do not think you can just ignor the condition and keep moving, rather it looks as though you do need to stop and take care of yourself. Have you spread yourself too thin lately, like are you over tired or is your immune system compromised so that an ordinarily minor infection is not so easily thrown off?

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score

25.2 Do as your doctor has advised without too much concern about immediate results.

10. Your doctor knows how to "discriminate between high and low," ie. what is serious and what is passing, "And thereby fortifies the thinking of the people" so what he tells you should calm your mind.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
How can I cope?

9.Refine the outward aspect.

This condition isn't going away immediately, so do what you can to make life easier in small ways. And don't ignor your outward appearance, especially when you aren't feeling all that great on the inside.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
53.4.6 > 31

What do I need to know about this condition?

53.4 Though this condition does not diasppear immediately, it is still possible for you to have a good life.

53.6 The way you handle your condition may serve as an inspiration for others.

31. Encourage people to approach you by your readiness to receive them.
Others may have this same issue. By joining a chatgroup or simply being willing to discuss your condition openly you are providing a real service.

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 53.4,6 says that although it is a real problem now, it is only temporary and it will clear up.

Hex 31 by being patient you will slowly recover.

Hex 25.2 this suggests that you concentrate on the here and now and help yourself to get well.

Hex10 it says to take care of yourself.

Hex 56.1 the 'bug' is still very active in your body but your body is putting up resistance.

Hex 30 suggests that the 'bug' is interfering with you immune cells, clinging to them and trying to invade.

Hex 9 self control and patience are what you need right now.

maiajay

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both, Listener and Rosada, for your replies,
For now I am taking solace in 53 as it does seem encouraging...progress, even if gradual, is progress...I also do relate to the idea that I will eventually share this experience with others and that perhaps I will be of support. Right now, I have been staying off the forum related to it as it upsets and scares me. Many people get on anti-anxiety medication as the condtion relates to the vestibular system and equilbrium. So many are on drugs and trying to get off them and they don't help except to mask symptoms--so the forum is not a place I frequent. Still once I am through this, and have perspective, I will want to offer support to others if I can.

...In terms of 56, it has a kind of vulnerable feel to me. When I get it I feel like it is saying you are on your own in a strange place...just try to blend in...It kind of feels sobering. Like a reality check. Both of your takes on it were interesting...the part about not trying to hard to figure it out--as that is surely something I've been doing...and then the parasite...Well, kind of fits with the clearing...though in literal terms I'm pretty sure I don't have a parasite at present..(have had one before, though).

Rosada, the suggestions about rest and taking care of myself don't really fit--as rest and relaxation are high priorities for me--and well integrated into my life. re. your comments on taking the doctor's advice, there is one type of physical therapy that they prescribe for this condition, as it is the only thing they know of to suggest. It has variable results but if I understood your interpretation, you feel the Yi is saying it is good advice to follow...?

I have been getting messages that suggest it is time clear out and release what is old and no longer serving me--especially in terms of beliefs and ways of thinking. I feel like the reading corroborates that this condtion is in part about just that. I may still pursue the physical therapy and even some other gentle modalities, but I will try to relaxa bit knowing that there is purpose in what is happening and that it will indeed run its course...
Peace,
maiajay

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Dear maiajay,
Hex. 10 says, "Treading on the tail of the tiger. It does not bite the man. Success." I'm seeing this as you considering what the doctor advises. The doctor is the powerful tiger, you are "treading on the tail" by considering his recommendations, but not wholeheartedly embracing them. He "does not bite you," that is, he does not critisize you for questioning his suggestions, and further, his treatment will not harm you. In fact, I think the I Ching is saying the treatment will bring "success."

Best wishes to you,
Rosada

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
By the way, maiajay, have you considered the feng shui of your house? What direction your head is pointing when you sleep is said to be significant. You can figure out for yourself which direction is best for you if you research some of the feng shui websites. WOFS.com is a good one.

maiajay

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, willowfox, (love willows)--

Hex 56.1 the 'bug' is still very active in your body but your body is putting up resistance.

Hex 30 suggests that the 'bug' is interfering with you immune cells, clinging to them and trying to invade.

when you say, the body "putting up resitance to the bug", is that meant as good thing or not? I ask because this is an issue with the brain and inner ear, so the idea of fighting it immunologically, well...I'm not sure what there is to fight, except that I am probably in resistance to acceptance because it such a frustrating condtion :)

Anyway, have asked few more questions about how I can support my health. It seemed like Listener was saying no interventions were necessary but then Rosada suggested otherwise...Well, I asked about two of my options and drew the below. (I thought that 63 could mean something like what you want is is already happening so maybe you don't need to do anything else? But I'm not sure. With 42 I could read it either way...It would be beneficial...or it will increase the symptoms--is that too literal? Finally 15...is that the Yi just giving me a picture of my question...not doing either? Being humble...?) Any ideas what these could be saying?

What will be the effect of receiving cranial sacral therapy?
63.3.6 to 42

What will be the effect of doing more vestibular rehabilitation?
42 no changing lines

What if I do neither of the above?
15.4 to 62

With gratitude,
Maya

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"What will be the effect of receiving cranial sacral therapy?
63.3.6 to 42"

Hex 63.3 suggests that you find a doctor who knows exactly how to do this therapy.

Hex 63.6 suggests that you do indeed try this therapy, don't ignore it.

Hex 42 suggests that you give it a try, there is every possibility that it will work, so be positive about this therapy. This therapy will lead to positive changes in your condition, it indicates success.

"What will be the effect of doing more vestibular rehabilitation?
42 no changing lines"

This also indicates that by doing more vestibular rehab that will also prove to be beneficial for you. So, you can do one or the other or both at the same time.

"What if I do neither of the above?
15.4 to 62"

Hex 15.4 suggests that doing nothing is not the right thing to do, it suggests that you involve yourself in therapy.

Hex 62 you have asked if you 'don't' do something, and this hex is saying doing nothing is the wrong action to take. If you were asking whether to do it, it would council no but you are asking a negative question so the council is telling you yes go for one of the above.

maiajay

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, all, who have been replying to my posts. Reading your interpretations has feels very supportive and has helped me to feel more calm about my approach to this situation. I was beginning to feel like I was consulting myself into knots! Now unwinding some of the confusion--really, thank you. Perhaps I will now enjoy a relaxing Sunday--and then tomorrow pursue some research and the making of these appointments.
I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday, too.
Peace,
Maya

maiajay

visitor
Reaction score
Hi again,
So, in moving forward, informed by assistance from the Yi and those who helped with interpretation, I have scheduled a vestibular rehab. appointment for this afternoon. I started this treatment about two months ago and did not stick with it. Based on the readings I got last week and on a feeling like I want to do something to support the resolution of this condition (BTW in medical terms it is a called persistent Mal de Debarquement and has to do with the brain's inability to adjust to being on solid ground after time spent on a boat). I have had it for over three months and today I read an article on the condition on the front page of the NY times Science section that did not feel encouraging to me...

Anyway, I have a bit of a history of not-so-positive or successful interventions by hands-on practitioners and I feel very nervous about receiving much of anything in the way of "input." Yes, trust issues here, including issues around trusting my own intuition...

Anyway, based on the readings last week, I do have an appointment today for this form of physical therapy, anxiety and all. I asked the Yi the following questions:

What should be my attitude about the MdDs diagnosis (as some have discouraged me from paying too much attention to the medical diagnosis--there's no cure, anyway--and focusing on the issue more metaphysically, which would be my inclination, anyway)--
#64 unchanging

What can I do to help myself with this condition?
#51.3.4.6 changing to #22

When can I expect this condition to resolve? (I know..."when" questions are probably not so realistic, huh?...)
#16.2 changing to #40

What should be my attitude/approach to my vestibular rehab appt. today?
#24.3.5.6

As you can probably tell I am feeling challenged, impatient, concerned--both about the physical condition and about making the right choices for my health...as mentioned above, I have made choices in the past that have had traumatizing results...

Thank you very much for any of your insights into this situation.
Peace,
maiajay

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"What should be my attitude about the MdDs diagnosis
#64 unchanging"

Hex 64 says that you are on your way to finding a solution so don't get foolhardy and make any mistakes now, basically don't give up the treatment, otherwise all your efforts to date will have been in vain.

"What can I do to help myself with this condition?
#51.3.4.6 changing to #22"

Hex 51.3 Don't reject any method to cure yourself.

Hex 51.4 Don't let your negative thoughts defeat you.

Hex 51.6 Don't let your negative thoughts and fear bring you to a halt, take no notice of what others say and just keep trying to get yourself well.

Hex 22 basically lighten the load within your mind, don't think about ugly negative thoughts, think only positive, pure thoughts that you can indeed get better by using your thoughts to help the healing process.

"When can I expect this condition to resolve? #16.2 changing to #40

Hex 16.2 > 40 says to keep calm, don't get carried away but to know that the problem will indeed get better, it is all about cycles and when this cycle finishes, and it will, then your problem will fade away. This says that your life will indeed return to normal once again.
Hex 40 indicates the end of February next year but the problem will slowly get better during the ensuing months.

"What should be my attitude/approach to my vestibular rehab appt. today?
#24.3.5.6

Hex 24.3 Don't abandoned the therapy, persevere, don't jump on another bandwagon because you think that is better.

Hex24.5 a time to get stuck into the treatment, forget about past events because you have made the right decision.

Hex 24.6 go to the therapy as it is now the right time.

Hex 37 speaks of the family but now the doctor and nurses are part of your family and this will bring you the treatment that you need but you must have faith and persevere for the treatment to work. You are the patient, so listen to the doctor.

maiajay

visitor
Reaction score
thanks, willowfox

Willowfox, thank you,
Your assistance is going a long way in encouraging me at a difficult time.
With appreciation,
maiajay

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).