...life can be translucent

Menu

How will the overseas trip transpire?

imsonicaal

visitor
Reaction score
48.2>39

Obviously the I ching has already picked up on it.. obstrction upon obstruction... will things turn favorably in the end? The traveller needs to be there by a certain date, but things keep cropping up with the visa and immigration requirements, and as a result, things are getting delayed.

Eventually, what is the outcome: will the traveller be able to go overseas to do what he has set out to accomplish?
33.2.3>6
It seems everything is against him?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I'm going to respond to your question in two separate posts, because each has its own message.

48.2>39

Obviously the I ching has already picked up on it.. obstrction upon obstruction... will things turn favorably in the end?

The issue is not one of obstruction, but of depth and accessing depth in the situation. The Yi's given you 48 in answer to your question. The main idea of 48 is the importance of going deeply into this and drawing on that depth the way you draw water from a well. Your ability to do this will benefit not only yourself, but others. In that context of drawing on depth, 48.2 talks about not doing this skillfully, about aiming at the small stuff rather than what's of real value. So, the Yi seems to be saying that the most significant issue in the overseas trip is one of making the mistake of you aiming at the small stuff, thereby missing the more important stuff.

Eventually, what is the outcome: will the traveller be able to go overseas to do what he has set out to accomplish?

33.2.3>6

That's two questions, not one, but perhaps the second one is your tentative interpretation?

Hex 33 talks about withdrawing from a situation as the thing to do. So, it seems to be saying 'withdrawing from the overseas trip involves some sort of outer or inner conflict (6)'.

Overall, it looks like the overseas trip might not be the best idea in the world.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
You're looking for a forecast here, a prognosis of the projected overseas trip. That's okay, but there's a more skillful and valuable way to use the Yi. Rather than using it as a crystal ball to read the future, you can make the decision about the trip on your own, without using the oracle. Then later, as you go through the experience, use the Yi to ask about how to handle it IN THE PRESENT, AS IT'S HAPPENING. You'll learn more using this approach.

* If your own decision about the trip turns out to be a mistake, you'll learn from that, and that will be such a valuable lesson. And if the trip turns out to be a success, you'll learn from THAT.

* If you use the Yi to help you through the situation as you're in it, to help you see the important issues and deal with them, you'll get even more out of the learning experience.

See, it's one thing to use the Yi as a crystal ball to try to get what you want, to try to get the win and avoid unpleasantness. But you learn less that way. Using the Yi that way, it might help you succeed, and that's pleasant, but you learn less. Alternately, you can use the Yi as a mirror, to help you see the situation and see yourself moment by moment. Using it for that kind of investigation into the moment and into yourself, you learn tons more.

I favor the second approach because it's more valuable.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
How will the overseas trip transpire?
48.2>39

It would appear the trip will be a complete waste of time as you will get no where with your plans.

33.2.3>6

It would again suggest lots of problems ahead, it does suggest that you will be able to travel but the whole purpose of the trip will come to nothing, again a waste of time.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I feel terribly spurned, horribly neglected, cruelly forgotten, miserably unattended to. Oh, I've been so used...

Feedback!

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I've yearned
Been spurned
Burned
I've learned

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I guess he went overseas anyway...:D

Topal

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
48.2>39

33.2.3>6

In this case it seems to have transpired the traveller was never seen nor heard of again - well you can't get more 33 than that

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).