...life can be translucent

Menu

Simply I Ching

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Just heard about this new book:

This Book Babble features the latest in inspirational and meditative titles from Sterling Press.

Simply I Ching by Kim Farnell

I Ching is the mix of Taoist and Confucian philosophy evolved over the centuries and is considered the oldest method of divination known to man. It has long been used to help make tough decisions that logic alone can't answer. Kim Farnell breaks this magical system into an easy-to-use format to help you manage sensitive relationships with more success, develop better timing, and tap into your creative and intuitive powers. This guide includes full, easy-to-follow instructions on how to hold a consultation with the oracle, an in-depth analysis of all 64 hexagrams, and an explanation to help understand the complexities of Chinese thinking.

I haven't read it yet...

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"I Ching is the mix of Taoist and Confucian philosophy evolved over the centuries and is considered the oldest method of divination known to man."

Three gross errors of fact in the author's first sentence alone.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Three gross errors of fact in the author's first sentence alone.

I think that was the gross error of fact of the blurb writer... I forgot to include the link... OTOH, I've no idea what book looks like inside.

fkegan

(deceased)
Reaction score
More of the "Simply" Series than major Yi scholarship...

A quick check on Google and I found this article about the author being interviewed as a MA in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology with background in Tarot. The only reference to I Ching in all this interview was in the interviewer's question citing Tarot and I Ching as divination techniques. Kim made no reply about the Yi at all.

The interview includes her birth chart (6 Dec 1960) though not much of a description of Cultural Astronomy. It is mostly about astrology and can she prove it "works". http://www.skyscript.co.uk/farnell.html

Frank

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).