...life can be translucent

Menu

What has happened to her?

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can shed more light on this situation:

Some years ago I met a lady who lives on another continent, and we became very good friends, corresponding regularly using email and msm and also by telephone.

At one point she disappeared completely for a couple of months and it turned out that she had been ill - won't go into details, but her daughter picked up an email from me, replied to it, let me know what had happened and as soon as my friend was home she called.

A few months ago, she told me that there was an illness in the family and our correspondence, understandably, became less frequent. Then it completely dried up. I sent her a Christmas present as usual, have emailed, sent a couple of snail mails and also called her - just on voicemail.

I don't want to pry, but we had such a great friendship and there had been no discord between us at all so I don't think she's ignoring me or that I have done anything to upset her. I am very worried about her. So I asked 'What has happened to <name>?'

Answer 12.2.4.6 29

It seems to me that she's facing a pretty big situation which is stopping her (obstruction), which she is dealing with but she's in right above her head and it's a headlong fall through a horrible situation.

Does my understanding seem right?

Thank you very much for your help.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust my abilities as a diviner to say that these lines necessarily mean your friend is having problems. It could be the hexagrams are mirroring the fact your relationship is "stagnant" at this time. As 12.6 says "The standstill comes to an end," I would be optimistic that you will eventually hear from her.
Meanwhile it might be useful for you to ask the IC, "What should be my attitude towards this circumstance?" If you get something that says "Perseverance furthers" I would take that as encouragement, where as if you get something like 52. Keeping Still you may very well have to assume you will not hear from her again.

Please let us know what the real story turns out to be!
Rosada

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
I think it is saying something like, she is not in contact at the mo, perhaps because she doesn't want to burden you with her problems, - perhaps she isn't sure herself what she feels yet and doesn't want to worry you?

12.2: 'By his willingness to suffer personally' ie not share her worries?

But then after a time she will contact to reassure you:
12.4 'those of like mind will share in his blessing'
and 12.6 'First standstill, then good fortune'.. 'The standstill will not last forever'

Then perhaps 29 is saying that it's quite a deep and serious issue for her right now, she feels overwhelmed, and so unable to talk about it..

Hopefully you will hear from her soon and she will be better! And try not to worry so much (though not an easy voice to quell I know)

:)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to pry, but we had such a great friendship and there had been no discord between us at all so I don't think she's ignoring me or that I have done anything to upset her. I am very worried about her. So I asked 'What has happened to <name>?'

Answer 12.2.4.6 29

It seems to me that she's facing a pretty big situation which is stopping her (obstruction), which she is dealing with but she's in right above her head and it's a headlong fall through a horrible situation.

Does my understanding seem right?

Thank you very much for your help.

Actually I would take this as a comforting answer. Don't worry about the lack of communication, there are things in the way, (12.2) but the very fact that there is obstruction between you is actually just how its meant to be. 12.4 talks about there being a 'mandate' in the obstruction. Though it mayn't be pleasant this is how it is and its okay that this is how it is. Although the situation feels wrong, its okay. 12.6 quite plainly talks of the obstruction ending so though i don't like to make a prediction it would seem likley at some point communication will be restored, obstruction overcome. 29 may be referring to the difficulties shes facing right now, but I think the lines in 12 show this obstuction is kind of fated and will be okay in the end anyway.

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your replies all of you. Trojan, what you say really resonates.

When she reappears, whenever that is, I will post and let you know.

Thank you again.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Adding a thought

Yes, it is a comforting reading. It would be best if you kept up your efforts to communicate with your friend, as this may make a difference. Sometimes it is said that "effort must be put forth" in order to end the time of obstruction. ;)

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, that's the way I've been looking at it. I should add that I asked specifically about her - and not what I should do - because she has a business which is partly web-based and the emailers from it have stopped as well.

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
Just to say that I asked whether I should contact my friend and got 55. So I have sent a snail mail card to her. When something happens I will post.

Thank you for your help everyone.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).