...life can be translucent

Menu

38 means dont do anything?

D

deekristen

Hello,
I asked what action i should take in a situation with a firend... The yi said 38...
Does this mean dont do anything or is it something like we are misunderstanding each other so just wait until this time passes.
Or is it something totally different from what i "try" to understand?
D.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It suggests that you try to communicate with your friend in very slow and cautious steps, a bit like walking on ice for the simple reason, that if they are upset over something then you won't make it worse by behaving wrongly.

D

deekristen

I see, thanks willowfox. I want to ask i ching how i should communicate her, what should i start out with? cuz the things between us is not good, we almost dont communicate with each other and honestly i dont know what she thinks, i dont wanna mess things up. What should the question be, any help?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I asked what action i should take in a situation with a firend... The yi said 38...
Does this mean dont do anything or is it something like we are misunderstanding each other so just wait until this time passes.
Or is it something totally different from what i "try" to understand?
D.

you have different perspectives, see things differently in a fundamental way..simply because you are different people at this point in the relationship...and if unchanging possibly always... hence the advise in 38 is one trys to get along in small things and is content with that. So if you just want to get along okay, chat about neutral or insignificant things. Theres absolutley no point aiming for heartfelt understanding, bosom buddy type scenario, that would be asking too much. Wilhelm says in the Image "Thus amid all fellowship The Superior man retains his individuality" meaning each of you has to retain your own nature and theres nothing wrong with that.

Don't try to hard here to be close..its okay not being close just getting along is enough

D

deekristen

I see now once again, thanks Trojan, yeah just getting along is good too but we dont have much going on right now, and i dont wanna lose her either, she is a very good friend, someone i like having around. I dont know how to start things again, i cant just pop out and say hey there whats up, we have long passed that stage, it should be something like why dont be talk? And i dont know what the respond would be, i have concerns.
D.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).